Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Well actually I got the feeling he was more of a vague supporter of the game, like my dad, rather than someone who knows stuff all. I'm sure he knows a fair bit, but I'm not convinced he's a die hard cricket fan like the majority of us.

First post here but hopefully it is useful. Been following these forums for a while for an announcement about the release date. Anyone else notice this article from The Sun newspaper:

Win tickets to Second Ashes Test at Lord's, a Nintendo Wii, plus Ashes 2009 Cricket | The Sun |Sport|Cricket

They're giving the Wii version away and competition was supposed to close on 14/07/09. Does that mean the game is ready to be shipped out?

Thanks for that. Great Info it does seem like that game is ready to ship because on official codies website they have a pre order tab as well as of today.

Yep, monty and jimmy anderson may not have only saved england but codemasters sales figures in the UK aswell.

Yer in england they should have the physio and the 12th man who wound the clock down, i was a little annoyed.

But i dont wanna start a fight, i just hope this game is built differently to RP07/BL07.
:upray

Why do think that? any specific reasons?

It's just the way he spoke, alot of ''erm'' and ''um'', but maybe im wrong i mean reading the reviews the game does sound very good.

SpitfiresKent added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Yer in england they should have the physio and the 12th man who wound the clock down, i was a little annoyed.

But i dont wanna start a fight, i just hope this game is built differently to RP07/BL07.
:upray

Australia would've done the same...

It's just the way he spoke, alot of ''erm'' and ''um'', but maybe im wrong i mean reading the reviews the game does sound very good.

I think jamie firth does understand cricket and that is the reason why they have implemented few things which were not in other cricket games i.e. catches from good shot. there are specific things which i do like about the game which does make me feel that jamie firth does understand cricket. When you are giving an interview you need to use appropriate words and that is why he was doing "ermm" and "um".. I am saying this based on my expirience. ;)

lets put it this way, he knows a hell of a lot more than the developers of EA07 (Canadians).

Some people do that sort of thing though, even if they are an expert on their topic. My acting coach does that a hell of a lot, but he's easily the most knowledgeable tutor I've ever had - he's been a director for over thirty years.

Some people do that sort of thing though, even if they are an expert on their topic. My acting coach does that a hell of a lot, but he's easily the most knowledgeable tutor I've ever had - he's been a director for over thirty years.

Is it Speilberg?

I always get pushed around by the mods for being way off topic, but then I can't help myself from asking. ;)

Hey MasterBlaster are you an Actor or a Director? It's been a dream of my life to direct a movie one day, and am sure I will. :upray

Last edited:
I think jamie firth does understand cricket and that is the reason why they have implemented few things which were not in other cricket games i.e. catches from good shot. there are specific things which i do like about the game which does make me feel that jamie firth does understand cricket. When you are giving an interview you need to use appropriate words and that is why he was doing "ermm" and "um".. I am saying this based on my expirience. ;)

Sorry to say it, but he came across as a bit of a "british tosser". Has an aura that smacks of a dodgy smile and a wet handshake. This would be of course overlooked if the game measures up to expectations.

Sorry to say it, but he came across as a bit of a "british tosser". Has an aura that smacks of a dodgy smile and a wet handshake. This would be of course overlooked if the game measures up to expectations.

Shhh, he might be watching :eek:

Haha, nah it looks like he's done a good job with the game, and yeah I admit I didn't properly take into account that he might have been using not so complicated cricket terminology as to make sure non-die-hard fans watching the interview would understand.

Tsk Tsk, Jamie if you are reading this, please excuse him. Forgive him for he is is an Aussie, and they know not what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread