Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
To be fair; the lack of release date is probably nothing to do with Codemasters. I think Lazy Chesnut mentioned somewhere that the publishers were having to run everything through Microsoft and Sony. I worked on a project, a couple of years ago, for a Texas Instruments platform. We had to get everything signed off by Texas. It was a real pain in the backside. I imagine having to do the same with two of the world’s biggest corparations would be a complete nightmare.

I don’t, for one minute, imagine that Codies have decided that realeasing the game late, and not really giving anyone any information about it would improve the sales figures. They are probably waiting for some bloke, in some grubby little room at Sony towers, to un-plug the toaster and plug his PS3 back in.

Their just lucky that we arent 1 down already and going to Lords where we tend to lose.

It's not actually. If it will be released during the Ashes , they won't get much attraction because people would prefer to watch Ashes rather than playing a game but if they will release it at the end or near the end of series than it will attract people as people won't be having any other way to experience Ashes rather than playing a high quality cricket game.

Well that's not the reason. I don't think so their marketing is dull. Its just those licensing limitations which has hold these promotions.

What are you talking mate? Offical events games are always released before the start of the event. for example a world Cup football game always released before the start of the cup. There is only one winner in the event so for the fans of the winner team they will like to simulate the situation and play the game again and again but for all loser fans no one wants to simulate and play the game. If there is only one winner in ASHES then this game's sales will go down in the country that loses the ASHES. releasing the game at the end of the tournment is really a bad decision. The guys who made this decision are bunch of morons !!

fk915 added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

To be fair; the lack of release date is probably nothing to do with Codemasters. I think Lazy Chesnut mentioned somewhere that the publishers were having to run everything through Microsoft and Sony. I worked on a project, a couple of years ago, for a Texas Instruments platform. We had to get everything signed off by Texas. It was a real pain in the backside. I imagine having to do the same with two of the world?s biggest corparations would be a complete nightmare.

I don?t, for one minute, imagine that Codies have decided that realeasing the game late, and not really giving anyone any information about it would improve the sales figures. They are probably waiting for some bloke, in some grubby little room at Sony towers, to un-plug the toaster and plug his PS3 back in.

Hard to believe specially when the game is in development for two years ... this is not the first PS3 , Xbox 360 game for Codemasters ... or is it???

If the codemasters want to let the world know about the game, I think the 2nd test match at lord's is the best time to atleast announce the game. As they have already tied up with ECB and CA, they should have a grand preview during lunch time. Not sure whether television rights interfere here but the build up to the ashes has been great and after the first test match being such a thriller, there will be tremendous anticipation for the 2nd test and what better venue to present the game before the world than Lord's. I am sure there are lots of general people who might not even have a clue at present about this game. The release date (assuming 7th Aug) is not very far now and a grand preview would do no harm.

Last edited:
You know i watched that interview with jamie firth today and im not convinced that he knows alot about cricket at all.

If the codemasters want to let the world know about the game, I think the 2nd test match at lord's is the best time to atleast announce the game. As they have already tied up with ECB and CA, they should have a grand preview during lunch time. Not sure whether television rights interfere here but the build up to the ashes has been great and after the first test match being such a thriller, there will be tremendous anticipation for the 2nd test and what better venue to present the game before the world than Lord's. I am sure there are lots of general people who might not even have a clue at present about this game. The release date (assuming 7th Aug) is not very far now and a grand preview would do no harm.

They should get Beefy and Warne to have a five-over blast during Lunch... :)

Hi guys may be not a greatest of info, but the official coddies website have a TAB for pre order for AC2009 now. Maybe we may get some info today or hopefully before the 2nd test.

Hi guys may be not a greatest of info, but the official coddies website have a TAB for pre order for AC2009 now. Maybe we may get some info today or hopefully before the 2nd test.

Yes that is a very good sign indicating the release is just around the corner somewhere. :spy :p Pre-ordering in a month's gap seems logical too. ;)

Yes that is a very good sign indicating the release is just around the corner somewhere. :spy :p Pre-ordering in a month's gap seems logical too. ;)

Yup it does seem like coddies will make an formal announcement sooner rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread