Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Even if they announce a release date it wont be in July ... it must be Aug 7 . Game is in development for 2 yrs , they should have released it before ASHES. A bad marketing decision

Marketing is dull bcse there is no competition for codies this time.Both in 2005 & 2007 they had competition from EA.

Even if they announce a release date it wont be in July ... it must be Aug 7 . Game is in development for 2 yrs , they should have released it before ASHES. A bad marketing decision
It's not actually. If it will be released during the Ashes , they won't get much attraction because people would prefer to watch Ashes rather than playing a game but if they will release it at the end or near the end of series than it will attract people as people won't be having any other way to experience Ashes rather than playing a high quality cricket game.

Marketing is dull bcse there is no competition for codies this time.Both in 2005 & 2007 they had competition from EA.
Well that's not the reason. I don't think so their marketing is dull. Its just those licensing limitations which has hold these promotions.

Last edited:
It's not actually. If it will be released during the Ashes , they won't get much attraction because people would prefer to watch Ashes rather than playing a game but if they will release it at the end or near the end of series than it will attract people as people won't be having any other way to experience Ashes rather than playing a high quality cricket game.

I don't go along with this at all. Ashes hype is at its peak just before, and during the series. Games don't go on 24/7 for the whole of the series, the days between each Test and the evenings or mornings of them would be the time people play a cricket game. Casual gamers especially. They will forget all about cricket once the series has finished. People don't buy tennis games after Wimbledon has finished, they buy them during the fortnight. Codemasters have made a huge blunder in not releasing it in July and lessons need to be learned for the 2011 version.

I don't go along with this at all. Ashes hype is at its peak just before, and during the series. Games don't go on 24/7 for the whole of the series, the days between each Test and the evenings or mornings of them would be the time people play a cricket game. Casual gamers especially. They will forget all about cricket once the series has finished. People don't buy tennis games after Wimbledon has finished, they buy them during the fortnight. Codemasters have made a huge blunder in not releasing it in July and lessons need to be learned for the 2011 version.
If the fans will be allowed to choose one thing from the Ashes Series and Game, they will definitely choose Ashes Series. They won't play game now as the original Ashes series is more exciting.

They will definitely try it out once it will be finished as they would like to experience the environment of Ashes.
:happy

If the fans will be allowed to choose one thing from the Ashes Series and Game, they will definitely choose Ashes Series. They won't play game now as the original Ashes series is more exciting.

They will definitely try it out once it will be finished as they would like to experience the environment of Ashes.
:happy

I'm trying to tell you this isn't the case. Casual fans will not even think about buying the game if it is released after the series has finished, or when it has been decided. The game needs to be released when the series is still alive to maximise sales.

Is it just me that thinks 13th August is kind of 'missing the boat' ?

Not at all.

I'm trying to tell you this isn't the case. Casual fans will not even think about buying the game if it is released after the series has finished, or when it has been decided. The game needs to be released when the series is still alive to maximise sales.

Agreed. If the game doesn't sell well because they release it when the series is dead, then it might affect how much they put into the next one. I mean, it's about the Ashes for God's sake, that's the game's main focus so to release it halfway through the series is daft.

Is it just me that thinks 13th August is kind of 'missing the boat' ?
The Australian date in confirmed. They won't miss the boat ;)

All I can say is that everyone has their own thoughts and speculations . You may be right somewhere but I said what I felt. :).

However, your post is appreciable!

All I can say is that everyone has their own thoughts and speculations . You may be right somewhere but I said what I felt.

the thing thats important is what codemasters think.if their marketing strategy to skim the cream of the series is to release it at its end , then we'll have to wait and see.;)

The game will be released on 7th august, which is a friday. All the new games come out on a friday plus all the gaming sites say the 7th too!

So, you're saying that strategically Codies have decided to release the game in the middle / end of the series, and that you think its fairly smart on their part? I'm sorry, but that is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

So, you're saying that strategically Codies have decided to release the game in the middle / end of the series, and that you think its fairly smart on their part? I'm sorry, but that is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

It is ludicrous, I am sure if Transmission had it their way they would have released it at the start. What Hitterman does not understand is that football season starts a week after the 5th test, and premier league a week after that. Once football is in the picture the general public will immediately lose all interest in cricket, Ashes or not. It is the sales amongst the general public that will determine if this is a success or not, hard core cricket fans will buy it whenever its released, but we do not make up a sizable chunk of the video game market.

May be there is something to it. Strategically or not i think once they get the realease date they will heavly market this game during ashes. Coddies have assured Barmyarmy that release date and official trailer will be out this week. I think they have played really smart as 1st test is over, they will announce the release in congestion to 2nd test and then market really heavly so no matter what the outcome is for the test or series they will have things going for them.

Let hope we get some news this week. nice teaser and may be a demo!:)

Last edited:
It is ludicrous, I am sure if Transmission had it their way they would have released it at the start. What Hitterman does not understand is that football season starts a week after the 5th test, and premier league a week after that. Once football is in the picture the general public will immediately lose all interest in cricket, Ashes or not. It is the sales amongst the general public that will determine if this is a success or not, hard core cricket fans will buy it whenever its released, but we do not make up a sizable chunk of the video game market.
Sooner actually, football season kicks off 7th August, Premier League on 15th. Last Ashes Test starts 20th.

Sooner actually, football season kicks off 7th August, Premier League on 15th. Last Ashes Test starts 20th.

Either way they have to relase the info this week in congestion to 2nd test otherwise coddies will miss on great oppertunity.

Users who are viewing this thread