Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
India U-19's whooped England's. So the future's bright, the future's India.

iceman_waugh said:
Basically all good players will retire
Australia- alomst the entire team
India- all top cricketers whom they heavily rely on
Pakistan- Inzi,youhan,maybe shoaib ...but they would be in the top 3

SA have no chance nor do the west indies.
sri lanka will ose murali and sanath

so mot probably it has to be the kiwis who are building themselves into a goodish team,i must say.
its a long time to go man.. dont write anyone off.
First of all, i dont think australia will become a crap team automatically, theyr mentally strong as ****, so i think theyl still be a fine team, though not as dominant.

Any of india, england, south africa, pakistan or sri lanka can be there. Im not giving nz much of a chance of being amongst the best. I dont see the the world class talent. But pakistan, england and india have particularly good youngsters.

India or south africa.

Sehwag is allready one of the best cricket players at 25, then we have, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Harbajan, kaif, laxman (not sure of his age). Theres alot of young talent in india...and soon india could be the worlds best team....

South Africa is being overlooked IMO. They have fresh young talent, waiting to shine.

indiancricketer said:
isnt ganugly also leaving after the world cup

The way hes been playing, im not sure if hel make it to this one.

sachins 31, i believe if fit he still has 4 years of cricket in him. Ganguly and dravid are relatively free from injuries and should also be around for another 4 years or so. Laxman im not actually sure abt his age.

But in the last 4 years wev gotten some fabulous talent like yuvraj, kaif, dhoni, pathan(most talented indian pacer iv seen), zaheer khan, mongia, sehwag, nehra etc.

bhajji will be here for a long time as well, so wev got ALOT of young players in the team already. These guys will shape up well in the next few years playing alongside the experienced ones, and will take over once their time is up. By then, like the last 4 years have produced, im hoping the next few years will provide as good talent.

35-36 is a bit early for great cricketers. Of course, Bradman played into his 40's but, remember Steve Waugh was still playing when he was 38 and I believe Courtney Walsh retired aged 39. Surely Tendulkar (if his body holds together) and Dravid can do this. Definitely players who retire/are dropped from one form of the game have greater longevity and the added effect of this is that young players can take their place.

do u mean to say Druvad !

i'll never like SL,Pak or NZ, there so it has to be
India or England or SAF, but all teams are unknown,

For me in the one dayers on which the World Cup is based on, India or England look the best bets to topple Australia! But that just isnt an easy job as Australia have the best team on planet! And their infrastructure will still get them very good players. But according to the talent available, India and England are the sides to give Australia a run for their money. Pakistan should not be discarded as they can spring out a surprise too! But right now, India and England

If Tendulkar can keep up his fitness after recovering from the tennis elbow, he can play for another 6 years and probably retire after the 2011 World Cup. He is 32 but he surely can last till 38. I am confident Dravid would last 38 going by his fitness standards! Ganguly might be there for 3 - 4 more years! I am sure he is going to be back in the team and in form

i agree with Zorax ! Bangladesh might just be a force in the coming years . That is why I feel India and Srilanka cannot even take their place in the World Cup Super Eights for granted because the 3rd team in their group is Bangladesh and we never know , they may just come up with consistent performances in the next year and a half. Thy have the best young talent in world cricket . not so sure about the bnch strength .

aditya123 said:
i agree with Zorax ! Bangladesh might just be a force in the coming years . That is why I feel India and Srilanka cannot even take their place in the World Cup Super Eights for granted because the 3rd team in their group is Bangladesh and we never know , they may just come up with consistent performances in the next year and a half. Thy have the best young talent in world cricket . not so sure about the bnch strength .
Honestly think wel batter them.
The players know they cant afford to mess up that one.

Users who are viewing this thread