Breaking News-McGrath to quit after World Cup

manee said:
Why? Johnson has a bowling strike rate of 30 in ODIs! I rate him as the best new bowler on the scene right now.

Johnson is average at best. A few gimme wickets in the DLF series seems to have overshadowed the fact that he's a park bowler. Although I will admit, he did give Pietersen a good working over in the CT.

Lets just hope that Sri Lanka and India will be up to scratch if Johnson comes into the team. The first few tests will really decide how long he stays in the team.

saisrini80 said:
Oh Yuck!

He could have retired before the World Cup. I hope its an India vs Australia final in the World Cup and that Sachin Tendulkar spoils McGrath's party by smashing him for 50 runs in 5 overs!!!!

Anyways, great bowler, amazing discpline.. Australia would find it hard to get a replacement! Bowlers around the world have now started talking abt bowling the "McGrath line and length". He has made it his own!

Or just hitting one four then getting out to some skied pull :p

Although Staurt Clark is no Glenn McGrath, he surely does soften
the blow of McGrath leaving the Test side. Thank god for that!

Isn't it funny how all the retiring players could be replaced by
NSW players, and truth is, they probably will replace them...
*Glenn McGrath replaced by Stuart Clark.
*Shane Warne replaced by Stuart MacGill.
*Justin Langer replaced by Phil Jaques.

our whole bowling attack could be a blues attack with Lee Clark Bracken and MacGill! now that would be the best bowling attack in the world! but when Macgill retires the next spinner could be Hauritz, another Blue :D
im over excited now! :p

Users who are viewing this thread