NFL Mafia - End Game - Town and Manly win

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
He knew he didn't have to do anything tonight, but he thought he'd go by his fellow linebacker's room just to be on the safe side. As expected, he wasn't needed and after a while he headed back to his room.

Sounds like a doc's protected someone overnight? Silly him.

They had both been hated by certain fans across their careers, and one was not about to let the other get up to anything overnight. They chatted and smoked all night, eventually returning to their rooms in the early hours of the morning.

Roleblocker?

With most of the players fast asleep, one man couldn't. Instead he visited a friend, asking for some information. He knew he couldn't know everything but at least he had got something. This information would come in handy later and he knew he'd learn more the next night.

Tracker/Watcher?

It had been his first season in the NFL but it hadn't gone as hoped. Now he had the chance to make a name for himself. He knew who he was targeting, and as they slept he slipped into their room. After rummaging through a few papers he found what he had been looking for. Satisfied with the result, he headed back to his room for a good night's sleep.

I'm probably wrong but that sounds like a cop investigating someone and turning out successful? Then why does the write-up mention 'their' room?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
He knew he didn't have to do anything tonight, but he thought he'd go by his fellow linebacker's room just to be on the safe side. As expected, he wasn't needed and after a while he headed back to his room.

This is the doctor, I feel.

They had both been hated by certain fans across their careers, and one was not about to let the other get up to anything overnight. They chatted and smoked all night, eventually returning to their rooms in the early hours of the morning.

This seems like a roleblocker. But, hated by their fans might mean anti town maybe?

With most of the players fast asleep, one man couldn't. Instead he visited a friend, asking for some information. He knew he couldn't know everything but at least he had got something. This information would come in handy later and he knew he'd learn more the next night.

A friend? So, maybe he visited the right person? Watcher/tracker? Or, some different role too.

It had been his first season in the NFL but it hadn't gone as hoped. Now he had the chance to make a name for himself. He knew who he was targeting, and as they slept he slipped into their room. After rummaging through a few papers he found what he had been looking for. Satisfied with the result, he headed back to his room for a good night's sleep.

Cop! And, I think he got the correct result as well.

----------

I'm probably wrong but that sounds like a cop investigating someone and turning out successful? Then why does the write-up mention 'their' room?
Oh yes! 'Their' is interesting. Might well be referring to mafias as they are together?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Night 0

He knew he didn't have to do anything tonight, but he thought he'd go by his fellow linebacker's room just to be on the safe side. As expected, he wasn't needed and after a while he headed back to his room.​

Must be doc, yeah.

Both hated sort of implies two mafias. Maybe a mafia and miller or hated townie. Could be jailkeeper or role blocker.

Thief or role cop?

Regular cop. I guess "satisfied" could go either way on the result.​

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

Thief? Haven't heard of that one before.

Not much else to decipher from the write up though personally I suspect that the cop being "satisfied" probably means he got town aligned rather than mafia. Though I suppose its possible for it to mean the opposite.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Thief is someone who steals the role of the person he targets, I feel.

----------

But, I don't think that is what has been mentioned.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
He doesn't steal the role; he steals something from them which gives him info about their role.
I mention it because Treva used it in LOTR which he also modded.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
That might well have to do with the theme rather than actual role?

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The first one is undoubtedly the doctor.

The second one, I feel is what Colin suggested. But besides that, it might also imply the mafia RB blocking his fellow mafia member to clear them later on. But we can't tell now, so...

The third one is confusing, as it can be either of the informative roles (tracker/watcher/voyeur/thief), and at the same time can be a role cop. I'm not sure. 'He'd learn more the next night' - does that suggest he's definitely going to know more?

The 'their' in fourth one is interesting. The person targeting 'them' is most probably the cop, although I am not sure; 'their' can imply different things, such as mafia, masons, or even a group of players as a single character (User had such thing in the Scooby Doo mafia).

That being said, I'm not suspicious of anyone, although I am not up for a no lynch.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Really can't see how the final paragraph suggests a cop who got a mafia result. Sounds to me that it was a cop that got a townie result and it's something he can use later on to get the mafia by process of elimination.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
The writeup's been Pretty much analyzed. I believe the 2nd para could be 2 anti-towns targeting each other.. Most likely a role blocker. Maybe there was a bus driver switch?
Could also be what Colin suggested, a miller or hated townie.

I'm not sure about the cop result though. Looks like the cop got a mafia result, but can't be sure. The wording is a bit confusing..

Manly

Thor
Night 0

-------

-------

-------

-------

It is now Day 1. With 12 alive it takes 7 votes to lynch.

It's been analysed to death so I won't join in.

Got a few ideas about the characters already though....

P

pcfan123

Im here, nothing to contribute. Last one is cop for sure.

There are more than enough clues to eventually identify people. Linebackers, rookies and NFL players caught smoking pot. This will be fun once the role claims start

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well not going to bother analysing the details of the writeup anymore but I think the last para just refers to the cop who got a result. Doubt it refers at all to the allegiance of the player targeted.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I think it's a good idea that I claim. I'm Tom Brady - The Beloved Princess. If I get lynched during the day, the next day phase is skipped, which can only help mafia obviously. I have no other powers. Getting this out of the way now so there's no issues later on.

Users who are viewing this thread