nice forum!!!! - how do you win a hard test v aus?

S

sonic

at last! a decent looking forum for my fav game cricket 2002. I hope there's some friendly people here, I've seen some unfriendly places elsewhere full of hackers and knobs. So, if you've got any tips on how to win a hard test match v australia, let me know! I'm not a cheat either, its the only part of the game I've yet to complete. If anyone knows any quality patch sites tho, give us a shout, yeh? We're singin' for Jimmy Jimmy Anderson! Bring It on you Aussies!!!!

Shailesh (old)

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I hope there's some friendly people here, I've seen some unfriendly places elsewhere full of hackers and knobs.
LOL! suuurree!

Edited By Shailesh on 1046400791

jonah

International Coach
Hi sonic, welcome to the site. Unlike some other sites, you'll find friendly helpful ppl (mostly) here, who'll do their best to help with any c2k2 problems you have.
Unfortunately, as for beating the Aussies in a Test on hard mode, it's just like the real thing; practice, practice, practice :;): . I recently played an Ashes series and lost 4-1; ring any bells?!
You'll find some excellent patches in the d/l section of this site. Also, try www.cricket2002.tk.
Try Ravi's bat and bowl exe's, Zimrahil's (Phil Smith's) stroke patch (stops the yorker problem), and all the editors/kits etc.

S

sonic

thanks for the advice, the stroke patch seems to get rid of the bug where the cpu defends yorkers, cheers mate. the best I did v aus was 3-2. i was undone in the final test at lords - it was a green wicket with overcast conditions - i got put in to bat and the ball was seaming all over the place - i edged seven times to adam gilchrist (a record?) thanks to brett lee and glen mcgrath, subsequently being bowled for a miiserly 91. i got them for 169, but in my 2nd inns only managed 285 and they reached 205 for the loss of nine wickets. I was gutted, its the closest ive ever come - most of the time i get battered like you mate. my advice is to defend your wicket for the first day - aim to finish the final session on 250 without losing mroe than 2 or 3 batsmen. If you bowl first keep all your fielders close in to save any runs. Drawing games v aus is very respectable and i once lost a 5 game series only 1-0 but got hammered in the last test - again thanks to bowling favouring conditions.

jonah

International Coach
In the series I played against them, in the last Test I used Ravi's saf files and they declared on 615/6 after 2 solid days of batting :o . Quite lifelike I thought!

S

sonic

the thing is, there's hard and then theres hardcore. i dont think i could handle taking that much abuse in the field, it kind of makes it not feel like a game anymore. I'm a winner, and I like winning, whenever I get battered, my pc monitor gets battered, its that simple. i hate losing games but if i had those saf files, i may aswell toss the game in the bin!

jonah

International Coach
Makes it more rewarding when you do win though (this coming from a Palace fan whose used to losing :;): ).

S

sonic

if you still had clint morrison i reckon palace would be in top three, but this i aint a football chatroom. You should try being bangladesh on hard difficulty, now that is hardcore. i dont think they have any decent players, even scotland piss over them - who the #### is that dyer bloke with a bowling average LESS than brett Lee?! (23 av) ive never heard of him, but hes ferkin' dynamite!

jonah

International Coach
Not another Blues fan? Zim, have you been on a recruitment trail :;): ?!
Agreed, though; this is no place to talk about football...

S

Ste

Not another Blues fan? Zim, have you been on a recruitment trail :;): ?!
yeah what is all this, after last weekend maybe a ban on birminham fans is needed here! :P well ill let you off as your not going on about that in particular.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry Ste, what happened last weekend then ? :;):

Users who are viewing this thread