NO DANCING DOWN THE PITCH???

well the only negatives for me in BLC 99 were no advance shot,no no-balls and no stumpings. If it is still in the BLIC 2k5 then it will loose its popularity. i don't think these 3 have been implemented in any of the BLC series games.....from 96 to 99/2000.
I just hope that The news is not true and also wish june 24 comes asap...caz my patience is giving up :(

We know bowlers have special deliveries, do batsman have special wshots as well? If yes then may be they have implemented it as a special shot. If this is true then I would say this is better then implementing it as a different shot coz how many times do you a batsman coming out of his crease to hit a six. This doesn't happen many times so if its a special shot then occassionally we get the opertunity to surprise them bowler. This would be good IF EA Sports (its in the game).

it might be an important shot but it is not neccesary for it to be there if at all they don't implement it it will not make the game a bad one.

Characteristics of the shot:

* It should depend on the timing,bat-ball mechanics
* It should be easier to play against spinners than fast bowlers(as batsman
get out many times playing this shot facing fast bowlers)
* The ability to play the shot well, should depend on the type of player
(Flintoff... plays this shot well ,dravid.. and also tailenders not too well)

Advantages:

* Stumpings in the game
* A new shot
* Unorthodox shots
* Ability to play from out of the crease to cover up the spin or seam
* It would be eye catching to see batsman coming out of the crease and
completely missing it,getting stumped
* The sixes will look more realistic than the backfoot sixes if the shot is
executed perfectly
* Pinch hitting will look different with this shot

Disadvantages:

* It may ruin the whole gameplay if not implemented well(like hitting sixes
every ball through this shot)

" On the whole this shot can add upto the realsim of the gameplay only if
implemented well "

As rubbergenius still didn't confirm about this shot whether it is in the game or not .....wait and see

Mahesh Babu said:
* It may ruin the whole gameplay if not implemented well(like hitting sixes
every ball through this shot)
That's easily fixed by just not playing the shot, there's still no disadvantage to having it in there, particularly when we could easily edit it and make it less powerful anyway

come on
with all the hype they have created in the market regarding the game ,they must put in the shot.
otherwise ,it wont be fun.it would not be an improvement over the earlier version of the game(only in this aspect)

sahil said:
come on
with all the hype they have created in the market regarding the game ,they must put in the shot.
otherwise ,it wont be fun.it would not be an improvement over the earlier version of the game(only in this aspect)

It should only be implemented IF it is done properly. You shouldn't be able to run down the pitch and smack a six every ball (Cricket 2004). I would rather it wasn't there at all than it be there and be a half assed effort at it.

poor me........i was getting stumped everytime i tried it.guess what... the batsman was lara......

i think codies will implement that with all its features i think they cant let dancing down the wicket out

Users who are viewing this thread