Oct 2-India v South Africa

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India somehow get up to 150+ but I still think its quite low a total since we have to win by 31 runs or more to qualify for the SF. Pakistan must be feeling good enough now. India have to play out of their skins to win this by 31 runs.... 2nd batting has always been easier here in this venue in the night.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Horrible stuff, horrible stuff from Dhoni.....:mad When Ashwin is there for bowling, why the hell do you moron give it to Rohit Sharma? And Rohit obliges the Saffers by giving away 13 runs. When you have a small target to play with, why these nonsense risks?:facepalm

Agree with Ian Chappell there. On one hand, you allow the batsman to switch hit, and on the other hand when a fielder moves from his position in anticipation of the shot the batsman plays, you pull up the fielder and rap him on his knuckles for doing it? TOTAL RUBBISHHHHH!!!!!

Last edited:

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Pathetic Captaincy from dhoni.Ashwin is your best wicket taking option in spin and he gave it to sharma.BTW Good for us .Saffers are coming closer to 121 now :D They have a good chance of even chasing it down.The req rr is exactly 8 ATM

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Ian Chappell says it's good captaincy and I'm going to go with Ian Chappell, an actual cricketer/ex-captain.

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not playing bhajji on this pitch against the proteas is a blunder.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
They are getting closer and I am eying another Semi Final appearance for Pakistan :cheers May be the NRR thing won't make a big deal as Saffers might chase this one

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The way India gives those singles, they want to go back home with 2 wins and tell the fans that we had one terribly day against Australia and that knocked us out.....

Crap! I am not going to take that. I wanted us to show a fight and then bow out. But our fielding today was just so ragged and slow.

----------

Pakistan IN!!! Well happy at least that we beat them convincingly and that they had to rely on us losing out to some other team.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just hate when Kohli was crying. He is my favorite modern day batsman but sadly he is in the team that do not have bowlers to defend targets.
So in the end its even-steven, Indians were looking for a win against Pakistan they got that and Pakistan were eying semifinal spot and they too got that.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
the way SA played i got remember of a saying in urdu.

Hum to dobay he sanam tumhe hi le dobay ge :p

Yep.... That's right! There were lot of smiles in the South African camp when they crossed 122. For once, I thought SA had won the game!:rolleyes

The fire in the eyes off Balaji in that final over was expected much earlier when India needed to keep them to 121. Anyways, a consolation win in the end, though they took it perilously close at just 1 run. The next time India plays the T20 World Cup, I hope to see a new captain for the side. Dhoni is just not upto it. Unnecessary gambles just for the heck of it, not trying to push the game forward with his bat, always pushing him back in the batting order to somehow save himself from the criticism, etc. He can still continue in ODI's, but in T20's he has to go out. His strike rate for T20 is below par too (109).

Last edited:

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
Rohit sharma took the match for india what the hell innings of 25 run of 27 balls in t20 and that to in do or die situation match. :facepalm kohli was really upset himself that india dint made it to semi's

Gurjot95

National Board President
Not always you'll see wining team which won a tight match by 1 run getting upset. Our Bad Luck started from Pakistan winning by big margin, then got higher at toss and then it confirmed it wasn't India day when Ashwin got wicket of no-ball which could have easily turn the match.

We lost one match in whole tournament but lost it badly and that was it. Good Luck Pakistan. We certainly need to question some decisions by team selection.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Jo haar ke jeet jai usay bazigar kehte hain. Aur jo jeet ke bhi haar jai usay Shoaib Malik ka susral kehte hain

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shaharyar

Chairman of Selectors
Not always you'll see wining team which won a tight match by 1 run getting upset. Our Bad Luck started from Pakistan winning by big margin, then got higher at toss and then it confirmed it wasn't India day when Ashwin got wicket of no-ball which could have easily turn the match.

We lost one match in whole tournament but lost it badly and that was it. Good Luck Pakistan. We certainly need to question some decisions by team selection.

Well i have been going through all the comments & status on facebook by Indians fans but you are the only one that have spoken sensible.Actually all the difficulties for India created when Pakistan restricted Aussies to 117.At one stage it was difficult for the Aussies to qualify but Mick Hussey did the job for them.India posted a low total know that whatever the total will be 31 runs will be reduced.They would have played for 180 or above so that they could have easily restricted South Africa to 140.Restricting a team like SA to 121 is almost impossible for any bowling attack in the world knowing that they were not in any kind of pressure as they were already eliminated before the match.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
SA almost got to beating India today. And on this wicket, scoring 180+ was impossible. In fact we did well today to even win this game because batting second has always been easier in the night at Premadasa.

Things plainly didn't go our way today. But I still feel we didn't help ourselves on the field with poor fielding and bad decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread