Off Topic - Cricket 97 Internet League

Salman1k

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am interested in starting up a cricket 97 online league using Kali (kali.net). At the very least I want to find some people who will play occasionally. Remember, this is not play via email but rather playing live one on one online!

So how is it done? Well Kali is a program that lets you play old ipx/spx games such as Warcraft, Command and Conquer and many others online. A long time ago (1999) I tested Cricket 97 with Kali and it worked. Kali charges $20 and that too for a life time registration. I signed up for it back in 1998 playing in a EA NCAA Football 98 league (finished runner up too:) ). Its worth it as you can play so many new and old games. You can download Kali for free and it has a 15 minute time limit once you start playing. If you have other alternatives to kali please let me know, we need an ipx tunneling software that could be free and would support Windows XP I suppose. I searched the net and didnt find anything useful but there might be something out there.

Why do I want to do this? For fun of course! We havent had a network supported action cricket game in 7 years! If someone is interested and they have a high speed connection please leave there contact info here. This could be a lot of fun!

I also have Cricket 97 Ashes Tour Edition and Cricket Ashes Edition, both will also work on Kali and I am willing to play with any of the titles.

Mods: I posted this thread in this topic, because most people visit the Cricket 2004 area more than any other place. Please allow it to stay here, or move it to a place where it can be more visible.

Thanks

Salman1k

Originally posted by Ste
Yeah it does seem like a good idea. Are there any free alternatives to Kali.net?

Ste

Sigh, typical scouse reaction ;)

STE.... I have GIT. But I need to test it out with someone?? You interested ? Anyone ?

I would be interested, but I am not sure if my version of Cricket '97 will work. I have Cricket '97 Ashes Tour Edition. If it would work, I would want to play.

Yes cricket 97 ATE will work but you need to purchase kali first.

Well I am not too keen on purchasing Kali if there are other free alternatives out there. I downloaded that GIT program and would be willing to test that out with anyone to see it that works.

Users who are viewing this thread