One Day England Side

plympilgrim

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I need some help :p

I'm currently in 2009 and i'm top of the test table but still down in about 7th in the One Day table. (This is with England). I'm never sure how to play ODI and who to pick. Has anyone got any tips for tactics during One Day games, and any advice for players to pick. In my team i could do with 3 quick bowlers and possibly some advice for late order hitters.

cheers

:D

I'm just about to do 7 ODIs in 08 against the WIndies on my story. I plumped for Compton.

Vaughan for me is doing quite well, he and Tres open. KP 3, Bell 4, Colly 5, Fred 6, Prior 7. Who is in your current side?

I won the World Cup straight out the gate, but have been awful in one dayers since then. I always preferred to bowl first when given the choice, I find it easier to chase a target.

Lewis had an excellent WC for me.

Which version of ICC is it?? Are you just playing international? I play 06 so i would say Scott Newman as an opener and bowling Tom Smith is class in one-dayers if it is cloudy. Saj Mahmood takes wickets if you are after that. Try Owais Shah and start him on normal and if he gets to say 20 off 20 he should get atleast 50. Possibly Adil Rashid as well. By 2009 might be a couple of handy re-gens so look for them.

As for tactics I prefer to get off to a flyer rather than wickets in hand. Prepare a batting pitch, and get 2 openeres in 4 or 5 * form, then start them on v.aggressive, the one below a full bar. Do this until you lose about two wickets and hopefully you should have scored around 8 or 9 an over for the first 10-20 overs. Usually if you score over 320 and take a few early wickets the opposition should just collapse.

i'm playing on ICC 06

in my side at the moment i've got:

Strauss
Compton
Pietersen
Vaughan
Carberry
Flintoff
Loudon
Munday
2 quick bowlers, but none of the guys i pick take wickets
Panesar

Prior is sort of 1st reserve, i've just dropped Trescothik after poor form

yea, because he is quite decent and it saves me from having a keeper who cannot bat very well

Im top of the one day rankings in about 2009 with England, this is ashes addition. My general side barring injuries is -

Trescothick (best ranked one day batsmen in the world)
Prior (Wk)
Pietersen
Compton
Benning
Collingwood
Flintoff
Mascheranas
Rashid (top ranked ODI bowler0
Panesar (averages less than 20 in ODIs)
Anderson

theres is no set tactic, but i generally start a batsmen at 4 bars of agression and work up after each 5 overs as the batsmen gets in, i also like to bat first and just set a target, rather than chase. With the bowling i use no bars, although in the fielding restrictions this is the same as two bars (defensive) and bowl to the opposite of the batsmens strengths, which in theory restricts his scoring oppurtunities, after the fielding restrictions i either leave the field as it is as, allowing for more wicket taking with slips etc, or if a batsmen is well set, have a very defensive field and restrict his scoring oppurtunities and hopefully make him take a risk. This is also why i like to bat first as a big total makes the ai take more risks and therefore more wickets.

hope that helps its a bit of a ramble but you get the idea.

cheers for that,

does the field setting, eg agressive, defensive actually effect the wickets you take or runs scored??

Users who are viewing this thread