one-day help

sami007

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi guys im playing a season with notts and cant seem to get my one-day strategy right. what do you guys suggest? im really lost! this is agreat sim game!

I usually bowl first if I win the toss, put my tactics on super defensive. When I bat, pick batsmen that are in form rather than ones with good records. Start them on normal, increasing a bar at a time as they get more settled. Most importantly, don't let the run rate get above about 6.5 - put up the agression bars, even if your batsmen aren't settled.

I find that it's almost near impossible to win if you bat first. I don't usually mess around with my tactics when I'm bowling I just let the bowlers go and hope for the best. It helps ALOT to have a batsman who's a quality bowler... or at least another bowler who can also bat. I have this guy Timothey Osbourne who's a middle order batsman but is probably the best 1 day bowler in my team. Comes in useful.

lol, well i am the total opposite, i try to bat first as much as i can.

if i am confident with my batting line-up i will put the the batsman on very aggressive (1 bar from the end) untill the end of the first 10, then drop it back down to 5 bars untill the 33rd over and then put it back up to very aggressive again. I never put it on full agression because they always seem to go out.
if at any stage i loose 2 quick wickets, i play the batsman on normal for 5 overs then put it back up again.

If i have a weak batting attack i keep it on 4 bars up untill the 30th over and then go to very aggressive, it depends on how many wickets i have in hadn though.

For bowling i do the same thing every time. I play 3 pacemen, 1 spinner and 1 medium/all-rounder. Bowl the two openers for 7 overs each on 2 bars. Then bring on the 3rd pacman and the spinner, both also on 2 bars. After the 3rd pacman has bowled 5 overs, swap him with the medium and change him to no bars (very defensive). Keep bowling the spinner untill he bowls out, but also change him to very defensive. Once the spinner bowls out bring the 3rd paceman on again. After he and the medium have bowled out then bring on the 2 openers again, also on very defensive and that should be the end of the innings.

The all-rounder could be a spinner too, just depends what you like.

I usually play as Warwickshire or Lancashire, so i'm not sure if this tactic works wel for other teams. But i usually score about 270-300 on a good day, at least 220 on a bad day.

Users who are viewing this thread