Online Cricket Streaming (Legal)

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi, I have just recently suscribed to Live Streaming of India V England, All the ODI's and Test's on link removed. I have recently (Well all the time) has Sky Sports but realised that there was no point in having Sky Sports just to watch Cricket, I thought it would be cheaper to watch it online instead - Legally of course. I was wondering if anyone has ever suscribed to TVN Sports to watch cricket? (Comments? - Quality, Audio, Etc.) - The price was $17.95 (£11.80-ish). I thought that was extremely cheap and suscribed to it.

I hear the most polular is Willow.tv, However when I tried to suscibe for that on numerous occasions but I always get this message:

Why?

Attachments

• errorw.jpg
    errorw.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 406

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Even for a series which hasn't started yet? I mean I tried it the first day it was introduced on Willow.tv.

And the fact that it says 'error' in the address bar is also as if it weird had run out of packages it woludn't really be an error.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Willow.tv has some issues with 64-bit IE7 as well as protected mode IE7. You can email their support--they're pretty good at getting back.

Also.. I'm not sure TVN sports is legal. There are plenty of sites that charge for an illegal stream.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Sounds legal enough.... link removed
Also its says that there is no buffering, They seem quite dedicated in customer satisfaction.

How good is the quality on willow.tv?

Sureshot

Executive member
Actually, reading that, it sounds very dodgy. There doesn't seem to be any strength in the legality of their own service in the T&C.

MacWorld

Club Cricketer
yeah a bit dodgy.

Willow TV is 100% legal and once ages ago they had a beta stream, i would compare it to youtube quality (but hi def utube). It could be better. but is viewable.

You can see the scorecards and everything all right.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Cutting through the legal jargon the first paragraph gives it away:

1.) Our service provides our users to watch television channels that they are legally required to possess in order to be complying with our Terms of Service. Users who are proven to not have legal rights to watch this content will be removed from our service with no questions asked and no rights to a refund. However; due to the large availability of the programming we provide, we will assume that users are using this service within the letter of our disclaimer -- and we do NOT burden our users with proof that they have the proper licenses to watch the programming we provide. It is on them that they are capable of providing this information to the proper authorities if and when they are asked to by said authorities. We will never ask you to do anything like show us your cable or satellite bill, we assume that you have access to watch the channels provided by this service. We will never turn over a users IP to any authority, and all information will remain confidential. This is in effect; a strict don't-ask don't-tell policy.

In other words you can only subscribe to the service legally if you already own a Sky Sports subscription - it is effectively an internet add-on. The loophole is that you don't have to prove anything and so the burden of illegality is passed from the site to the users.

In short - illegal. There are plenty of these sites around; if it looks too good to be true it usually is.
Links removed from previous posts.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
How good is the quality on willow.tv?
The quality on Willow.tv is pretty good--about 580kbps max for me. I can watch it on 200% but full screen is painful. If you output it to a TV using S-Video out it is very watchable.

The cooler thing about Willow.tv is the interactive highlights you have access to. You can watch each specific wicket, each specific boundary, or each run scored by each batsman. It's a nice way to quickly catch up with what happened if I missed the game.

They also have four streams from four different channels, so that if one goes down (or they have a poor quality/no analysis) you can always watch another one. My India-Australia feed on Willow.tv broadcast Sky Sports, Dish, and Zee Sports. In fact, the Zee Sports stream continued throughout the day, so I could watch ICL if I wished!

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
The BEST part about online streaming is hooking it up to the TV with an S-video cord.

I have a big 60 inch TV, it's just beautiful :)

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
You lot could be bothered to read all the legal stuff on their website...And I couldn't :p - Next time I'll make sure if its legal or not. The thing is when Willow.tv didn't work for me, This website was the next alternative down the Google page. I therefore clicked on that and you have to admit at a first glance this website looked pretty professional - I guess I got fooled by that :(:p, Also at such a low price I couldn't resist and I paid through Paypal and that was safe enough.

I'll try to email Willow.tv to ask them why I keep getting this message even before the series has started. Whats the price for both the ODI's and Test's? Dollars/Pounds. Because at ?11.80 for both ODI's and Test's I couldn't resist.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Try a different browser like Firefox or Chrome. IE is increasingly less interesting for web designers, because the market segment is tending away from IE and also because other browsers are increasingly more compliant to web standards.

rickyp

International Coach
So the quality is decent? Say I hooked it up to my 42" plasma via vga/svid it would be decent? Or just watchable?

I'm looking for a foxtel replacement atm...

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
So the quality is decent? Say I hooked it up to my 42" plasma via vga/svid it would be decent? Or just watchable?

I'm looking for a foxtel replacement atm...

It's brilliant. The only dodgy bits are sometimes its not clear enough to distinguish between an 8 and a 6, but apart from that its like normal.

Users who are viewing this thread