Problem: Online Save Cushion for Quitters needs to go ASAP!!!

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
As the title says, the Online Save cushion for Quitters needs to be scrapped in the next patch before every stranger you play with starts to do this and people leave online matches for good (which would be a real pity as this game is tailor made for online matches)!

I just played a match with some guy whose PSN id is small_b_saurabh and this guy quit the game 'as soon as' his last wicket fell (can be seen in the first screenshot. The umpire had raised the finger and he quit immediately) and the game did not register this as a win and instead the online save screen popped up saying that points would only be awarded for complete matches :facepalm! This is really absurd! People will abuse this system like hell if this is not changed. This guy did everything possible to disrupt the game.....appealed for 'each and every delivery' even when it hit the middle of the bat, then waited out for BARS timer to complete after every appeal, kept shining the ball after each delivery, saw 'each and every' cut scene completely....and then at the end he quit the game right at the end which resulted it in being declared as incomplete!

@BigAntStudios @HBK619 @mikeymerren I think you should incorporate the same system that Fifa follows. If anyone quits the game or gets disconnected, his opponent should get the pop-up asking him whether he wants to save and wait for his opponent or just go ahead and take the win. Even if he choses to save the game and wait for his opponent, he should have the option to take the win at anytime incase the match is not resumed by the opponent. It does not matter what the match situation was when the DC happened. The party that is still connected should get the win and have the option to save the game incase he wants to wait for the opponent. Thats how it happens in Fifa. I have had DCs at 3-0 in the 89th minute in Fifa and yet never felt the need to curse the system. If I got DC, its 'my' problem and the opponent should not be penalized for it, simple. In DBC14, the online save system is just being abused with its current implementation. Let the online save option remain with the party thats still connected or through mutual consent so that people who know each other can save the game if they wish to continue later.

Here are the screenshots from that game (you can see the online save option came up as soon as the umpire raised the finger for the 10th wicket. The game didnt register that wicket at all):

1) Opponent quitting as soon as the umpire raised the finger for the 10th wicket:

YjDCxJp.jpg

2) The scorecard:

XMzFtfx.jpg

3) I was so pissed, I must have sent him atleast 100 invites!! Spammed his inbox!!

RBMfWjT.jpg

Talking about finding idiots online, here is another one.....this guy forefeited the game as soon as he lost 9 wickets for 3 runs with my turn to bat still to come and then sent a message to me stating "This is Bullshit. Batting is too hard in this game" and "how do you time it right" :facepalm

I64tHuQ.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised BA has allowed such a problem with this given the criticism they had in AFL Live, where you would only get a win if the game went to the fourth quarter.

I had many games where I'd play a half of football, waste 15 minutes, and then have the guy quit. They changed it after the patch though to be I think a 5 minute minimum. I think that was fair enough, because if the game is too laggy or one player is genuinely much better than the other, it isn't fun.

I had a game in NHL the other day that was, on this rare occasion, very laggy. You cannot pause until a stoppage though, but by that time the other kid had scored a laggy goal. Needless to say, he didn't accept my mutual quit offer :( (so I just quit anyway)

I think that a good system would be if the guy is abusing things too much for wasting time, e.g. appeals, cutscenes, ball shining, then the other person should be sent a message asking "is this person being a dickhead and do you want to claim a dickhead victory?"

:D

I think that a good system would be if the guy is abusing things too much for wasting time, e.g. appeals, cutscenes, ball shining, then the other person should be sent a message asking "is this person being a dickhead and do you want to claim a dickhead victory?"

:D

There should be a penalty for too much appealing specially when decision is a clear not-out (and am not just talking about the umpire becoming unfavorable towards the bowler). Its there in real life too.

For online matches, Cut-Scenes should be reduced to a 'single' camera angle only which would be the broadcast camera and should only get activated on limited occasions (e.g. an appeal, boundary, wicket, no-ball). That should be good enough to see what happened.

Ball shining animation can be made a little quicker, though I am not too worried about this as the time you take to shine the ball is also accounted towards the time limit to start bowling (I think).

Overall, I think there should be a user rating for each player that is generated by the game itself. For e.g. if someone has been warned about wasting time during the game, if someone is warned about over-appealing, if someone forfeits the match etc., all of these should impact his overall rating (maybe even store these stats for the player on the server e.g. number of warnings, number of matches forfeited etc).
@BigAntStudios some ideas here for you which you can try to implement ;)!

Last edited:
What I'd do is make it so that if the user who left the game goes to play online, any outstanding saved games against other players who are online would need to be played or forfeited first.

Indeed - if they go to 'quick play' just dump them straight into continuing the online match.

A XP reward for forfeiting or completing a blowout match might assist.

What I'd do is make it so that if the user who left the game goes to play online, any outstanding saved games against other players who are online would need to be played or forfeited first.

Indeed - if they go to 'quick play' just dump them straight into continuing the online match.

^+1^

This guy gets it. Priority should be completing games and losing fair and square if you're going to lose. I remember there being a nice stick in the C09 days listing all the online "quitters" and I think we're prolly due a nice solid naming and shaming thread of suspected poor losers.

I think we're prolly due a nice solid naming and shaming thread of suspected poor losers.
I did set up such a thread for Xbox players at least. It got moved over to the "Online Play and Leagues" Forum. Unfortunately, just not sure how many people visit that sub forum.

This guy gets it. Priority should be completing games and losing fair and square if you're going to lose. I remember there being a nice stick in the C09 days listing all the online "quitters" and I think we're prolly due a nice solid naming and shaming thread of suspected poor losers.

How do you see their gamertag though? It hasn't appeared in recent players for me (not sure if game or xbox bug) and I haven't seen it during the game.

How do you see their gamertag though? It hasn't appeared in recent players for me (not sure if game or xbox bug) and I haven't seen it during the game.
I join all games through the 'custom match' screen - that way you see all the info like match type and the gamertag before you start. I'm fairly sure they are the same matches.

I'm cautious about the 'name and shame' threads, because in the AC09/IC2010 era, they got really out of hand with back and forth flaming over people commenting on their play. Obviously the save game function means that there's not the 'legitimate disconnect' excuse in AC09, but still, it's rarely constructive.

The only problem here is if the opponent already joined a session then we have to wait till he completes the game and the other way around.

Agree with @angad and I requested @Ross to change this asap too before online fun is gone and his answer was to play people you know. We cant play our friends most of the times, playing random people is fun too.

People do this when theyre losing and those who dont do it dont know of it yet. There are very few fair players. @Ross this is truly frustrating, please find a way other than asking us to play friends, or people we know only. Thanks for this thread angad, hope it will help.

There should be a penalty for too much appealing specially when decision is a clear not-out (and am not just talking about the umpire becoming unfavorable towards the bowler). Its there in real life too.

For online matches, Cut-Scenes should be reduced to a 'single' camera angle only which would be the broadcast camera and should only get activated on limited occasions (e.g. an appeal, boundary, wicket, no-ball). That should be good enough to see what happened.

Ball shining animation can be made a little quicker, though I am not too worried about this as the time you take to shine the ball is also accounted towards the time limit to start bowling (I think).

Overall, I think there should be a user rating for each player that is generated by the game itself. For e.g. if someone has been warned about wasting time during the game, if someone is warned about over-appealing, if someone forfeits the match etc., all of these should impact his overall rating (maybe even store these stats for the player on the server e.g. number of warnings, number of matches forfeited etc).
@BigAntStudios some ideas here for you which you can try to implement ;)!

Another thing they can include is limited number of appeals per side(let's say 5 or 6, or 10 for 10 wickets), if they waste those appeals, it's their loss. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread