Pace Bowling Tips Required (legend difficulty)

SalmanWahidi

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi everyone! I love fast bowling and I would like to know if you guys have any tips about how to bowl in this game? Please don't ask me to simulate the bowling. I know it's an easy option, but I wouldn't ask this question if I wanted to skip the bowling. I know it can be frustrating at times, but I have noticed a certain pattern in the way the AI plays the bowling. All I want to know is how you guys (who actually bowl in this game) get wickets like bowled, LBW, caught behind or through slips? Nearly every time I get a wicket, it is a catch due to poor shot selection by the AI. I only play on Legend difficulty because this makes the game more interesting.

Bowl a variety of lengths, and delivery types. I find that mixing in a few cutters with seam balls and swinging balls makes the batsmen miss time the shot or edge back to keeper/ slips. Also don't forget to bowl some slow balls as that is how I get most of my lbws.

In any game if you learn the batting style/strength/weakness of the CPU then it becomes boring as you will be knowing where to bowl to get wickets in a Flash.
I agree. But as far as I have played this game, the AI rarely gets bowled or caught behind or on the slips. Nearly all the wickets I get are easy catches due to poor shot selection by the AI due to the fact that I block almost all of his options by setting custom fields. That doesn't mean I bring every fielder close or try to circle the pitch with my 9 fielders. I try to set realistic field set in ODs like 3 players on covers, 1 deep 3rd-man, 1 deep fine-leg, 2 on the leg inside the circle, a mid off & mid on.

Hi everyone! I love fast bowling and I would like to know if you guys have any tips about how to bowl in this game? Please don't ask me to simulate the bowling. I know it's an easy option, but I wouldn't ask this question if I wanted to skip the bowling. I know it can be frustrating at times, but I have noticed a certain pattern in the way the AI plays the bowling. All I want to know is how you guys (who actually bowl in this game) get wickets like bowled, LBW, caught behind or through slips? Nearly every time I get a wicket, it is a catch due to poor shot selection by the AI. I only play on Legend difficulty because this makes the game more interesting.
Totally agree that playing on legend gives the best experience in the game...
As for bowling I would suggest the following points:

-Dont bowl every delivery with perfect timing, bowl some early timed deliveries as well, what this does it he bowls a short of length or fuller deliveries at the good length which makes it very interesting as he gets beaten by the change of length and even the speed..Rarely edges as these need to be tweaked hopefully in Patch#3

-Keep bowling a same type of delivery for 3-4 balls say outswing and an inswing for 5th delivery...Works well..

-Rare bouncer can get edges when delivered correctly..Again you can try to change the timing of delivery to keep it interesting...In a row of 3-4 short balls use fast ball and slow ball triggers as well...

-Have second slip and fly slip for catches and have a deep backward point for balls you bowl short on the off stump line...

-Full length deliveries are easily hittable by AI so keep them as a rare option unless you can bowl those fast seam yorkers...

Think like a bowler when bowling in the game, it surely gets interesting..

Note: The above points are to make bowling as an interesting part of the game and not wicket taking deliveries [hopefully will become interesting with a realistic AI batting after Patch#3]..

Totally agree that playing on legend gives the best experience in the game...
As for bowling I would suggest the following points:

-Dont bowl every delivery with perfect timing, bowl some early timed deliveries as well, what this does it he bowls a short of length or fuller deliveries at the good length which makes it very interesting as he gets beaten by the change of length and even the speed..Rarely edges as these need to be tweaked hopefully in Patch#3

-Keep bowling a same type of delivery for 3-4 balls say outswing and an inswing for 5th delivery...Works well..

-Rare bouncer can get edges when delivered correctly..Again you can try to change the timing of delivery to keep it interesting...In a row of 3-4 short balls use fast ball and slow ball triggers as well...

-Have second slip and fly slip for catches and have a deep backward point for balls you bowl short on the off stump line...

-Full length deliveries are easily hittable by AI so keep them as a rare option unless you can bowl those fast seam yorkers...

Think like a bowler when bowling in the game, it surely gets interesting..

Note: The above points are to make bowling as an interesting part of the game and not wicket taking deliveries [hopefully will become interesting with a realistic AI batting after Patch#3]..
Thanks bro :) really helpful stuff. Will surely try them on next time I take the bowl. Yes, bro I do think like a bowler, that's why I love bowling. I didn't really give 'early-timed deliveries' a thought, sounds interesting. What I have also noticed is that the AI tries to really utilize the 'strongest skill' of the batsmen while avoiding the 'weakest skill' of the batsmen. I try to bowl according to that also. This is the 1st cricket game in which I am actually having a discussion about line and length, otherwise it was just either simulate, or good length bowling in previous games.

Thanks bro :) really helpful stuff. Will surely try them on next time I take the bowl. Yes, bro I do think like a bowler, that's why I love bowling. I didn't really give 'early-timed deliveries' a thought, sounds interesting. What I have also noticed is that the AI tries to really utilize the 'strongest skill' of the batsmen while avoiding the 'weakest skill' of the batsmen. I try to bowl according to that also. This is the 1st cricket game in which I am actually having a discussion about line and length, otherwise it was just either simulate, or good length bowling in previous games.
Totally agreed on that...:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread