• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have seen lots of Pakistan vs India comments. There are thread full of it. But you can't deny they both have there talents. Should Pakistani players play in the IPL. It would make it better. Take Sohail Tanvir, the main reason why RR won IPL 1. Would do you guys think

lewissaffin

Club Cricketer
I've no idea about the political history/situation between Pakistan and India so I've no real place to comment on that but Pakistan have some talented players which would probably enhance the IPL.

Of course, a few of them have history with bookies which might put off the Indians.

----------

I've no idea about the political history/situation between Pakistan and India so I've no real place to comment on that but Pakistan have some talented players which would probably enhance the IPL.

Of course, a few of them have history with bookies which might put off the Indians.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
put off the indians, since ofcourse they have no history with bookies themselves. None of the young talented pakistani players who won the 2009 t20 WC, reached the final in 07 and he semi in 2010 have been implicated in match fixing and bookies apart from amir and asif who are now banned. the reason for pakistani players not being in the ipl is a much bigger political issue which would not be appropriate to discuss in a cricket thread.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Hmm dangerous thread...:rolleyes

Yes of course IPL would be better with Pakistan players. Guys like Afridi are born to play in the short format and yes as former T20 WC winners they obviously have a lot of quality. Guys like Umar Gul and Umar Akmal could be vital players in an IPL franchise and there is always new Pakistani players coming through that could be discovered in competitions like the IPL.

We can only pray that the differences that lie between India and Pakistan don't disrupt their cricket relationship any further. The India-Pakistan WC semi final this year for example was fantastic and one of the most followed sports events EVER.

I'd like to see Pakistan get a team in the Champions League too. Then again I'd also like world peace and all the hungry children of the world to be satisfied, and every woman to look like Kate Beckinsale would be a good start as well :p

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
IPL is just a circus. Mockery of real cricket. Adding of Pakistan player wont do a damn. Increment to 10 teams have resulted in seriously depleted local players pool and resulting in massive imbalance in the teams.

I think franchises are a little bit conscious of hiring pakistan player because they don't know if they will be available for complete season or not. Any match fixing controversy or any political reason would rob them of a quality foreign player. Thus they tend to buy players from other nations instead.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
IPL is more about marketing blitz than just good T20 talent. And for the Indian market, Pakistani players offer both. SRK wanted a couple of Pakistani players because it will enhance the marketability of the franchise. But there is too much risk involved due to the political climate.....

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I think franchises are a little bit conscious of hiring pakistan player because they don't know if they will be available for complete season or not. Any match fixing controversy or any political reason would rob them of a quality foreign player. Thus they tend to buy players from other nations instead.

Yah exactly Gaurav. It's a risky decision to buy a Pakistani player when you aren't sure if he will be able to play for you. This is what annoyed me when the teams had supposedly 'snubbed' Pakistan players in the auction. But really they were just looking after their money and not spending it on players that might never take the field.

Owzat

International Coach
IPL is just a circus. Mockery of real cricket.

:thumbs

I enjoy cricket, have not and never will get into the IPL. Cheerleaders, sponsored breaks, fields back so you get one or six etc.

The only thing good about the IPL was Shonali or whatever her name was :thumbs

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
BCCI make so much money from it. Its unbelieveable. Some people just come to watch the cheerleaders. If you watch a game its like a circus. They all held behind bars from the cheerleaders. Its kind of funny

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BCCI make so much money from it. Its unbelieveable. Some people just come to watch the cheerleaders. If you watch a game its like a circus. They all held behind bars from the cheerleaders. Its kind of funny

Pointless statement tbh. The condition is no different in Pakistani or Bangladeshi stadiums.

On topic, IPL already has its fare share of controversies even without Pakistani players. So no need for any more controversies.

Varun

ICC Board Member
They should. But since I don't care much about IPL, I don't care about this issue as well. But definitely, for whoever enjoys it, I would say Pakistani players have to be in.

Kash321

School Cricketer
It will Benifit India More and IPL , Rather then Pakistani , BCCI should get this thing in Mind , Pakistani in IPL is great , and Paki People will also support IPl then
Now a days since no pakis play in IPL , Paki supporters Enjoy SLPL and Friends Life T20 just to get a glimpse of Paki Player

So basically Pakistani Players should b included in IPL 2012 at any cost !!!!

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
IPL is just a business for the multimillionaires. Both Pakistan have exciting talents like Umar Akmal and Virat Kohli.

However, Pakistani players needs to be alert that they don't fall prey of the bookies. After all, Pakistan lost a hugely talented player, Aamir in it. Pakistan should take steps that their cricketers don't get involved in such things. They just can't afford to lose talented players like that.

Users who are viewing this thread