Pakistan vs West Indies Test teams

Batting main matchups:

Windies - Pakistan
Gayle - Butt WI
Barath - Farhat WI
Sarwan - Y Khan (both out of form so a tie)
Chanders -Moyo (too difficult to pick between the two so a tie)
Nash - U Akmal PAK
Ramdin - Kamran(both are awful so a tie)

hmmm, don't agree with a few of these. I would back Nash to get runs over akmal any day, well for the next couple of years anyway.

Barath is debatably better than Farhat, but not better than butt. He has ability but it's the same as the Nash situation. so really the openers could be 1-1, not 2-0.

Chanders and Moyo are about the same, I fancy Moyo to get in more these days but chander to go on more once he's well in.

Younis Khan is marginally better sarwan. maybe condition dependent. Gayle and Bravo are way better than their opposite numbers.

Pakistan are a lot more brittle though, they panic whereas the windies just act like idiots. Windies has better batting, more character and resilience.

Paks attack is quite a bit better I think, mostly because Asif is a whole different league to anyone the Windies have.

It would be evenly contested though, Pakistan are better imo ability wise right now, but Pakistan have too many problems with team spirit, fielding, panicing, lack of application. The windies are not an ideal side mentally, they are easy to wear down, but would pakistan ever dominate long enough to wear them down?

StinkyBoHoon added 11 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Na he would have never gotten selected for the Aussie team. He was having a hard time getting selected for domestic cricket.

I don't think he even moved to jamaica to play international cricket did he? I think his contract at Queensland was not getting renewed and he went to jamaica to continue playing cricket as a full time career.

Well see the matchup basis is flawed you can't compare these teams to how they matchup batsmen for batsmen. It's all about how they bat that day and how they bowl that day. Pakistan is one of the best bowling teams in the world they should be top 5 to me that's really the real reason that they got Australia out for 121. The bowling of West Indies like many West Indians have said is atrocious so I would pick Pakistan over West Indies in bowling. Batting I would say is even, both sides are unpredicatable and almost anything can happen.

Yet. I would say Pakistan wins, because Pakistan plays extremely well against West Indies either in Pakistan or West Indies. I think that it would be a good matchup however, and I think it would be most likely a non one sided game. These are my odds out of 100 for the series. 40% Pakistan wins, 30% West Indies wins, 30% draw in the series.

Well see the matchup basis is flawed you can't compare these teams to how they matchup batsmen for batsmen. It's all about how they bat that day and how they bowl that day. Pakistan is one of the best bowling teams in the world they should be top 5 to me that's really the real reason that they got Australia out for 121. The bowling of West Indies like many West Indians have said is atrocious so I would pick Pakistan over West Indies in bowling. Batting I would say is even, both sides are unpredicatable and almost anything can happen.

Figured you would make a comment sooner or later.
Nobody in here said the West Indies bowling attack is atrocious. In fact many people think that its potentially one of the better ones in the world, when Edwards and Taylor get healthy (hopefully for the home series against South Africa) and they join Roach and probably Benn they will be a formidable bowling attack to face. Almost forgot abut Bravo who is one of the best all rounders in the world atm.
West Indies bowled out Australia for under 200 too, and that with Roach leading the attack in his 1st series away. Benn also bowled really well in that test. Two years ago a bowling attack of Edwards, Powell, Sammy, Bravo and Jaggernauth bowled out Australia for 167. They also help set up a win against South Africa and bowled out England for 51.
Ask around and people will tell you that the West Indies bowling is not atrocious.

Yet. I would say Pakistan wins, because Pakistan plays extremely well against West Indies either in Pakistan or West Indies. I think that it would be a good matchup however, and I think it would be most likely a non one sided game. These are my odds out of 100 for the series. 40% Pakistan wins, 30% West Indies wins, 30% draw in the series.

Pakistan played extremely well against the poorest sides of the West Indies during the late 90s and for the most of the past decade.

Even though Pakistan played worst cricket in NZ and Australia that they could play but wait and watch we have also gain many things from these too series.
Pakistan downfall is short term and that can happen to any side any time but you will see their heading towards peak too in near future.

Figured you would make a comment sooner or later.
Nobody in here said the West Indies bowling attack is atrocious. In fact many people think that its potentially one of the better ones in the world, when Edwards and Taylor get healthy (hopefully for the home series against South Africa) and they join Roach and probably Benn they will be a formidable bowling attack to face. Almost forgot abut Bravo who is one of the best all rounders in the world atm.
West Indies bowled out Australia for under 200 too, and that with Roach leading the attack in his 1st series away. Benn also bowled really well in that test. Two years ago a bowling attack of Edwards, Powell, Sammy, Bravo and Jaggernauth bowled out Australia for 167. They also help set up a win against South Africa and bowled out England for 51.
Ask around and people will tell you that the West Indies bowling is not atrocious.

Pakistan played extremely well against the poorest sides of the West Indies during the late 90s and for the most of the past decade.

Okay wrong word not atrocious but I would say undeveloped, its a young side and if you compare to the West Indies to when they had some of their greats than you know West Indies is a lot weaker. Also, I am so confused you say that Pakistan has faced West Indies when it has had a weak team but if you look at it. Plus, you said that West Indies has a weak bowling lineup yourself and that Yousuf scored well against a weak West Indies team. So either there potentially one of the best bowling sides or there a weak team. I don't understand that.

Okay if you look at the last 2 series that Pakistan and West Indies have played it was in 2005 and 2006 only test series. You see that Bravo, Edwards and Powell have all played in both series. So we have faced a good part of the bowling lineup and we have beat West Indies 3-1 in the past 5 tests so we have been playing well against this bowling line. If you compare Pakistan's bowlers to West Indies's bowlers you can see how they are both very potentially good. We have youngsters and so does West Indies.

The debate is who's bowling line is better, well you got let's see you have Umar Gul, who has bowled extremely well against West Indies. You have Danish Kaneria a great leg spinner who has started to get his form back after a good series in Australia. You have Mohammed Asif, no debate there he is a great bowler and he has consistently been a world class bowler, in my opinion best bowler in Pakistan. Mohammed Aamer, young yes but there is no doubt that he has the potential to become a great Pakistan bowler. BTW they bowled Australia out for 121 so, I would generally keep my statement the same Pakistan is a better bowling side.

Fielding again I would say goes to West Indies, better fielders however, when it comes to batting this is interesting because like I continue to say over and over again there both unpredictable sides. So I would say that it's a draw in that department. Now I kept the percentages very fair I don't understand why you think that West Indies should have a better percentage. I was showing that both Pakistan and West Indies have a good chance to win the series but I feel that Pakistan has a slight advantage on paper because of their strong bowling attack.

Okay wrong word not atrocious but I would say undeveloped, its a young side and if you compare to the West Indies to when they had some of their greats than you know West Indies is a lot weaker. Also, I am so confused you say that Pakistan has faced West Indies when it has had a weak team but if you look at it. Plus, you said that West Indies has a weak bowling lineup yourself and that Yousuf scored well against a weak West Indies team. So either there potentially one of the best bowling sides or there a weak team. I don't understand that.

If you don't understand your not reading then. I said "potentially", that depends on if they are healthy or not. West Indies had the Aussies in a few spots of trouble and they were lead by Kemar Roach, who just started hes career. He did have Bravo who has done great against Australia in his career with bat and ball and Benn bowled some good spells in those tests but that is hardly the best WI bowling attack. Pakistan bowling did good against the Aussies in that one innings on a total green top, made for fast bowlers. Even Sami got 3 wickets ffs. And this current bowling attack is the best that Pakistan have to offer while the West Indies are yet to put out their current best. I have no doubt that the West Indies would have won at least one test if they had Taylor and Edwards in Australia.

Okay if you look at the last 2 series that Pakistan and West Indies have played it was in 2005 and 2006 only test series. You see that Bravo, Edwards and Powell have all played in both series. So we have faced a good part of the bowling lineup and we have beat West Indies 3-1 in the past 5 tests so we have been playing well against this bowling line. If you compare Pakistan's bowlers to West Indies's bowlers you can see how they are both very potentially good. We have youngsters and so does West Indies.

Powell? If you know anything about WI cricket you know that Powell is the Sami of the West Indies, meaning he is crap.

Jerome Taylor, Fidel Edwards, Kemar Roach, Dwayne Bravo and Benn(or whoever it might be) are a formidable bowling attack, especially the pace department.
By talking about the West Indies bowlers I am in no way taking anything away from Pakistan bowlers. I will be the 1st one to say that Asif is brilliant and Kaneria a dangerous spinner, a good duo those 2 make.

If you don't understand your not reading then. I said "potentially", that depends on if they are healthy or not. West Indies had the Aussies in a few spots of trouble and they were lead by Kemar Roach, who just started hes career. He did have Bravo who has done great against Australia in his career with bat and ball and Benn bowled some good spells in those tests but that is hardly the best WI bowling attack. Pakistan bowling did good against the Aussies in that one innings on a total green top, made for fast bowlers. Even Sami got 3 wickets ffs. And this current bowling attack is the best that Pakistan have to offer while the West Indies are yet to put out their current best. I have no doubt that the West Indies would have won at least one test if they had Taylor and Edwards in Australia.

Powell? If you know anything about WI cricket you know that Powell is the Sami of the West Indies, meaning he is crap.

Jerome Taylor, Fidel Edwards, Kemar Roach, Dwayne Bravo and Benn(or whoever it might be) are a formidable bowling attack, especially the pace department.
By talking about the West Indies bowlers I am in no way taking anything away from Pakistan bowlers. I will be the 1st one to say that Asif is brilliant and Kaneria a dangerous spinner, a good duo those 2 make.

A good duo those 2 make also, you forgot a strong Umar Gul and a good early wicket taker in Aamer. You add in Shahid Afridi another very dangerous spinner and you have a perfect mix of spin and pace, where in West Indies you don't see a very strong spinner. Benn is not a very strong spinner no matter what, first off in 12 matches he has 35 wickets along with a terrible average of 45. You compare that to Kaneria no contest, Kaneria hands down.

Also, when it comes to the pace department you could have an interesting battle, but I would say that again West Indies pace bowlers haven't developed into the stars that they can become. Fidel Edwards can be a very strong wicket taker however, at the same time his average is still close to 40. Even Dwayne Bravo who was extremely successful in the Australia Series, his average is close to 40 as well. Jerome Taylor I would say is the best bowler on the team, he takes wickets and has a good average for his age. Roach I think is young and has a lot of talent but other than that 6 wicket haul against Australia we haven't seen nothing that is not ordinary. In the other 8 innings he has bowled he only has 14 wickets nothing amazing and nothing that really stands out.This is why I believe Pakistan has also a better pace bowling lineup because we have a consistent Asif, we have a good reverse swinger in Gul, and we have an early wicket taker in Aamer.

Now the thing is that West Indies is very under developed these guys like Roach and Taylor are young and they can become great bowlers but they time to become these bowlers. Taylor has already shown he is a world class bowler and like I said I think he is the best in West Indies, Roach is young and he needs more time to develop just like how Aamer needs more time to develop as well. Overall, I still think that Pakistan has a better bowling attack based on how there bowlers faced against both Australia and New Zealand. With no real great wicket taking threat spin bowler like Pakistan has in Danish Kaneria you rely too much on your Pace Bowling, which I continue to say is under developed and needs time before we start seeing theses players at there best.

Users who are viewing this thread