Pakistani-India Ashes style series?

I agree.
I, personally, find it bigger than the Ashes. I think this would add more of a "contest" to it.
5-test series backed up with a 5 ODI and 2 T20's. Good stuff? Hell Yeah!

I have to disagree that it's bigger than the ashes, it would be a good idea but the ashes has over a hundred years of tradition and for me is certainly the biggest event in test cricket. It would be a good idea though and hopefully might get a bit more an atmosphere in the stadiums which is usually more in the ODI's.

yes ashes is 100 years old..

but india n pakistan series is watched by billions........so it will be the biggest event

Last edited:
The Ashes is a bigger event due to the fact that as Joe said it has been a tradition. The India-Pakistan contests are a cricketing war. But overall it would be nice to see it happen.

I agree with Younus Khan when he says that the series must be played after 2 years like the Ashes.
The fact that these two nations have played more than 4 times in the last 3 years has diluted my interest in the series.
They are playing far too often.

I have to disagree that it's bigger than the ashes, it would be a good idea but the ashes has over a hundred years of tradition and for me is certainly the biggest event in test cricket. It would be a good idea though and hopefully might get a bit more an atmosphere in the stadiums which is usually more in the ODI's.

The main reasons why the India Pakistan series sound or looks bigger:
1.Huge fan following
2.The rivarly ie the wars between the two nations
3.The partition of India.

Australia only became fully independent from Great Britain in 1942 so the rivalry is more than sporting. Plus, it's over a Century's worth of tradition.

Ashes lol.It was always one sided except 2005.
But India-Pak series is way above ashes.Not becoz of the tense cricket and pressure.And its not one sided.And billions of people watch it.

Australia only became fully independent from Great Britain in 1942

Pakistan became independant from India in 1947:cool:. Unlike Britain who let Australia go because it was draining them economically during the war, the partition of India was a bloody affair and so the rivallry is far greater.

There are nearly 1.3 billion people in India and Pakistan. Go figure.

Pakistan became independant from India in 1947:cool:. Unlike Britain who let Australia go because it was draining them economically during the war, the partition of India was a bloody affair and so the rivallry is far greater.

I know about the partition. I was just making the point that Australia-England isn't purely a sporting rivalry.

Plus, India and Pakistan were once one and a whole while we owned Australia. ;)

Last edited:
What would they call them ?

Rakh ? The Indian version of the Ashes ?
And will they immerse them in the holy Ganges ?:p

It can be the Tendulkar-Yousuf Trophy, a trophy for two of the greats of the game in the fashion of the Warne-Murali Trophy (or Border-Gavaskar, Chappell-Hadlee...etc).

Users who are viewing this thread