Patch 3 Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we could put the more stats request to rest..:D

Untitled.png

Something needs to be done with line up selections, I'm playing opener and as number 1, Joe Burns now is 12th man. It needs to move/shuffle the worst player out, so if I'm one , joe should move to 2 ect, not have your second best bat as 12th man.

The whole dynamic line up dosnt even appear to work

Something needs to be done with line up selections, I'm playing opener and as number 1, Joe Burns now is 12th man. It needs to move/shuffle the worst player out, so if I'm one , joe should move to 2 ect, not have your second best bat as 12th man.

The whole dynamic line up dosnt even appear to work

One step at a time (I hope) and this all should happen. Afterall, this is what happens in a 'career' mode.

• my stats in career mode seem to be stuck on 5 matches have no idea why
  • the fielders are way to strong i got caught by the keeper at what i would say to be a third or fourth slip position dives about through 3 or 4 field postions to catch the wall ..

+1 this.
Whenever my player walks out it always shows stats of 5 matches and I noticed this after getting selected for INTL level.
And fielders around me gives a feeling of strong wall than players( in particular, silly point and slips ). No matter how sweet the sound of bat sounds and no matter how strong I hit, they block like rock. It's like having multiple hulks around me and I have to hit in air to clear them. ;)

Can we get a slider which messes with the speedo in game so we get realistic looking speeds without affecting the overall bowling speed? As @wealey88's thread shows we can add some real zip to some pacey wickets but it results in the speedometer showing 100+mph speeds!

Can we get a slider which messes with the speedo in game so we get realistic looking speeds without affecting the overall bowling speed? As @wealey88's thread shows we can add some real zip to some pacey wickets but it results in the speedometer showing 100+mph speeds!

I have got a horrible feeling the sliders affect the gameplay a little bit for the worse.

I wonder when patch 3 is going to be out. It's already next year :)

It's not a bug fix but it would be great if country option as search criteria is provided while searching stadiums in 1) screen that we use to assign home stadiums to teams & 2) Academy search.

Especially as we download more and more stadiums, this country option would really help in narrowing down the search results saving lot of time (if list is big) for assigning home stadiums.

Agreed! took me forever to scroll through names to add stadiums, only for me to forget the ones i had added and having to start over! then adding two of the same ;) etc u get the picture

As this is the wishlist haha! I'm going to wish for something a little bit more than just a minor thing, more of a "in your dreams" sort of thing... anyway I wish for....

1) Instead of the current pull shot that the game does when you try to play to the legside off of a good length delivery (green ring) and the fuller ones (yellow and dark blue) to a delivery just outside off. It would be nice if there was a "squared up" animation, or a leading edge scenario. I think this would finally teach those who try to continously play that line and length delivery to square leg and finer that it's not the right shot to be playing.

2) Not sure if this is minor or major, but sometimes when I try to play a certain shot to a certain length delivery, say a pull shot to a full red circle, only for it then to be too full of a length to play a pull shot and it skids through my batsman, only to instantly recognise that I should have played a "straight back foot shot" instead of a "horizontal bat shot", alternatively some green length deliveries its hard to know whether I should be coming forward or back to. So I'm asking if there could be more "coloured" rings to illustrate different lengths, because atm I'm strughling to make use of the "backfoot drive" animations :)

After playing the game for about a week i have come up with a mini list of things that need to be fixed.
  • Less contract offers. I got offered 8 contracts for the Big Bash and i think it is really unrealistic. I think we need to be offered 2 or 3, or even 1 if that is how good we are at club level. I think the contract offers were better in DBC 14 when we were limited to options, not given the choice of every league team because it is unrealistic and ruins the fun of selection.
  • Field placements. There are not many fields set in the game. Maybe up to 5 at most in career mode. This needs to be fixed. The field should always be changing depending on how good the batsmen is going.
  • Team Lineups. At the start of career mode when i went to play for Melbourne Stars, the lineup was messed up with the highest rated team possible, not the real team. Tom Triffit was keeping even though in the academy, Handscomb is set as the keeper. Then also, KP was captaining because he is the highest rated player, not Dave Hussey. This needs to be fixed for at least season 1 and 2 of career mode until people start to move clubs.
  • Player linking. A lot of people have already talked about this, example; 3 Mitch Starcs for Australia even though they are all linked. In the Zimbabwe squad, 3 or 4 players are duplicated. Needs to be fixed.
  • AI selection. I don't know whether this would be possible, but in the academy there should be a 'retired from international cricket' option. It is kind of annoying seeing Mitchell Johnson in the Australian squad because he is good enough for selection from Perth. I stopped my career once i saw this but i am sure other players like McCullum and Sangakarra got back into their national squads as well because they are some of the highest rated players for their respective nations.
  • Stats. No one knows why this happened but for some reason Big Ant removed the stats page. DBC 14 was really good where you could see your players stats from all the different forms he/she played. Now there is none of that besides the really basic stats bar when you walk out to bat (and for that the average part isn't even correct. The average is runs per game, not wicket on the bar). The stats page needs to be added back in.
  • Academy Equipment. We need to be able to edit our players gloves and helmets and pads etc. In DBC 14 we could edit the colours on the equipment but now all we can do is add logos. We should be able to edit the colours again to suit what we want to use.
  • Crashing. I can't start a new career mode without the game crashing during simulation within the first in-game week of career mode. This is the most important thing on the list.
  • Keeping. I've noticed that every time a keeper throws the ball at the stumps, it will hit. Always. I have never ran a bye to the keeper because the keeper get a direct hit, no matter how far back or forward he is.
  • Stadium Creator. This could just be me but every time i try to edit a stadium i created, the game crashes. This needs to be fixed.
  • Starting Career Mode. I tied to star a male career mode and the game would keep crashing every time i went on it. So i tried to start a star career mode and i couldn't simulate past October the 5th. This is the number 1 things that needs to be fixed because without career mode, i don't see a point in playing the game.
Besides all that, the game is really good and i enjoy playing it. I will enjoy it more if all that could be fixed in patch 3.

Last edited:
As this is the wishlist haha! I'm going to wish for something a little bit more than just a minor thing, more of a "in your dreams" sort of thing... anyway I wish for....

1) Instead of the current pull shot that the game does when you try to play to the legside off of a good length delivery (green ring) and the fuller ones (yellow and dark blue) to a delivery just outside off. It would be nice if there was a "squared up" animation, or a leading edge scenario. I think this would finally teach those who try to continously play that line and length delivery to square leg and finer that it's not the right shot to be playing.

2) Not sure if this is minor or major, but sometimes when I try to play a certain shot to a certain length delivery, say a pull shot to a full red circle, only for it then to be too full of a length to play a pull shot and it skids through my batsman, only to instantly recognise that I should have played a "straight back foot shot" instead of a "horizontal bat shot", alternatively some green length deliveries its hard to know whether I should be coming forward or back to. So I'm asking if there could be more "coloured" rings to illustrate different lengths, because atm I'm strughling to make use of the "backfoot drive" animations :)

i have got some great leading edges... look at the 0.24 mark of my latest rebel tour video, that's an absolute beaut: goes up over the slips for 4. had them also go straighter if i'm too early on it.

Stumpings look very messy sometimes throws ball at the stumps I've even had the keeper take the ball in front of the stumps when it would have bowled him

Oh! that's a perfect example of what I was trying to say, technically if your early on that shot you are closing the face of the bat which leads to "leading edges"... brilliant! I'm now certain the pull shot animation that sometimes happens to that particular delivery should be put in the rack and allow the glances to be played but with a high percentage of a leading edge! (*Balls outside off and in particular leg cutters), if its shorter "back of a good length" (but still green) and you try to play to the onside you should be "squared up". Once again don't get me wrong I love batting in this game it makes so much sense, I know when I'm out what I've done wrong! and that's an important thing for gameplay. It's such a massive step forward from dbc 14 imo, only bugs and a few shots ,and a couple of questionable animations really need attention imo, gameplay is exquisite 99.94% of the time!

P.s @blockerdave how did you go with the muscle and cardio attributes? Was 100/100 much better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread