Patch 3 Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm enjoying the game (especially the new career mode) there are some missing features and frustrating occurrences that I'd like to see tweaked.

Missing features:
  1. A quicker way to access field settings.
  2. In DB14 we were able to press d-pad right (I think) to access current confidence of players and the general strengths of the facing batsman.
Frustrating occurrences:
  1. Field settings reverting to completely weird placements after I have just set them. E.g. point and backward point or the notorious short fine leg and fine leg (masterstroke captaincy?)
  2. Fielders backing up the throw just standing there blankly watching the ball roll past them. I've had too many overthrows for four in this manner.
  3. Ridiculously inappropriate and unusual shots. After bowling a brilliant 5 dot-balls, clearly putting the batsman under pressure, they will smash an in-swinging yorker over mid-wicket for 4. Sometimes a ball on a good/full length outside off will get pulled to the fine leg boundary. Square drives for four off a yorker on middle stump (in grade cricket career mode!).

Couple of simple ones for me:

1. Let players actually WEAR the glasses you pick for them. I wear glasses, and my guy looks like (more of) a freak without the glasses I've chosen.

2. Allow players to have their own colour/type of batting/keeping gloves again. This was permissable in dbc14, why this was taken out is mystifying considering players can have their own individual bats.

3. Fix the fielder editor so that the player's names are displayed. I HATE not knowing WHO I'm putting in slips.

4. Fix the field placement calculator. Fast bowlers taking ALL the catches because they all automatically go to slip is silly... and been an issue since EA cricket 2007 lol

5. STOP AUTOMATICALLY CHANGING WHERE MY BOWLER BOWLS FROM!!!

Otherwise, I'm loving it. There are some bugs n glitches n general sillyness (the CONSTANT cutting of yorkers is RIDICULOUS), but I'm having a ball. Keep up the good work guys!

Couple more after playing a game re. XP system -

- XP target was face 224 deliveries in a T20 match. Nice QA there.

- XP target was score 284 in the same T20 match. Great.

Maybe they should fix these unattainable XPs

If i hit all greens, the ball should go exactly where my stick points - currently you can hit all greens and still get caught behind, play and miss, or get done LBW so its broken.

I actually don't think that's such a bad thing. Yeah you might get your foot to the pitch of the ball, and swing your bat at the perfect time...but what if the ball moves a bit off the pitch, or gets a bit of reverse swing? When playing real cricket against a good fast bowler who is moving the ball around its not too hard to play a good, proper defensive shot but still get an edge or play and miss due to his skill with the ball.

So if you make it in DBC17 that when you get all greens you hit the ball exactly where you want that would be unrealistic as it completely disregards what the bowler is doing.

Along with 360 degree control while batting so we can hit shots all over the ground, couple more things need to be looked at...

1. Backfoot Shots -
Backfoot shots seem to have been nerfed in DBC 17 as you can't really play off the backfoot much other than against very short deliveries (red colored ones). It would be great to allow backfoot drives and punches to be played to short of length and length deliveries as well like we could in DBC 14.

2. Adding more power to drives (especially off and on drives and hopefully cover & square drives when they are added) - The off drive seems to be under-powered compared to leg side shot (glance/flick) to Square Leg or Cut/Late Cut to Square Gully. Even a well timed shot mostly dribbles to mid off. If you increase the shot power then it leads to other shots being over-powered. Looks like the off & on drives need to be calibrated appropriately.

3. Batting Feedback meter - The batting feedback meter is either not working as intended or needs to be fine tuned to add more scales than 'Early', 'Good' & 'Ideal'. There are so many times when you get 'Ideal' feedback (green) for footwork, shot and timing and the ball barely travels a few feet. This is frequently the case with off drives as you get 3 'Ideal' as feedback for you to see the ball merely reach mid off region. This doesn't help with the learning curve as you have no idea what you need to do to improve the timing/footwork/shot selection so as to hit a well timed shot to the boundary.

i always thought they were just score x amount of runs and face x amount of balls in t20 not just on match it accrues?

Wish that game sliders were automatic adjusted to effect different grounds and pitch conditions plus is it just me or is there no front foot cover drive?
Not just you mate -- cover drive issue reported EVERYWHERE on this forum :)

I would like to see slider profiles maybe, so you pick an "India" profile for indian conditions, "ENG" for England etc etc -- thereby you can setup the profiles yourself and maybe assign then to country locations!

Was this a casual game? I think they accrue, so if you play another T20 after that the you can get the targets (not testing myself yet!)

Maybe they should just wipe the slate clean and start again? The game is a tweaking disaster. The QA team must be an absolute bunch of monkeys.

Hoping they look into the following for Patch 3 -
1. Player Stats should get updated like how it did in DBC14. And these updated stats should be reflected in the stats that pop up while playing a game as well.
2. Should have the option to call the keeper up to the stumps even when a seamer/medium pacer is bowling.
3. Should be able to set fixed fields for both batsmen.
4. Should be an option for players to wear full sleeve t shirts.

Maybe they should just wipe the slate clean and start again? The game is a tweaking disaster. The QA team must be an absolute bunch of monkeys.
I think being a silly monkey... But I do understand your frustration.[DOUBLEPOST=1483203046][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow - would you say that to their faces - really?

Don't be silly and let the man have his opinion. What's so wrong with monkeys?

I'm simulating a career mode just to test out a few things (and get the easy achievements) and i've noticed a HUGE bug/error/oversight in that throughout 5 or 6 seasons. I haven't seen a single drawn game! I'm simulating every match and i've just got a dummy player. But looking at the standings, every match has a winner! I've had T20s going to super overs but not a single draw in a county game, haven't had a no result in a one dayer. That needs to be added into a patch since weather and drawn games are a large part of the game and for them to be missing is an oddity.
@BigAntStudios @mikeymerren @HBK619 @MattW

@Jerm said" I would like to see slider profiles maybe, so you pick an "India" profile for indian conditions, "ENG" for England etc etc -- thereby you can setup the profiles yourself and maybe assign then to country locations![/QUOTE]

This would be a good idea. It's all too random at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread