Patch 3 Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fix the obvious bugs, then completely rebuild batting almost from square one... start with the basics and implement each of the following shots.

Offside
1. Front Foot Defense
2. Straight Drive ( with lofted and power varieties)
3. Off Drive ( with lofted and power varieties)
4. Cover Drive (with lofted and power varieties)
5. Square Drive ( with power varieties)
6. Front Foot Cut ( with lofted and power varieties )
7. Front Foot Third Man Dab (with loft variety)
8. Back foot defense
9. Back foot drive ( straight/off/cover depending on ball position)
10. Back foot cut (with power variety)
11. Back foot dab/ramp (with loft variety)

Legside
1. On Drive (with lofted and power variety)
2. Clip through midwicket
3. Square Leg Glance
4. Fine Leg Glance
5. Back foot hip glance
6. Back foot pull (infront of square, behind square, square)
7. Back foot hook
8. Sweep

Then... change how the ball comes off the bat

If the ball is swinging in and the batsman defends, chances are that's going to be slightly on the leg side.
Use timing to allow for better placement, and actually use the analogue stick to give that placement.
Completely fix the bullshit around cut shots off full length

Fix the obvious bugs, then completely rebuild batting almost from square one... start with the basics and implement each of the following shots.

Offside
1. Front Foot Defense
2. Straight Drive ( with lofted and power varieties)
3. Off Drive ( with lofted and power varieties)
4. Cover Drive (with lofted and power varieties)
5. Square Drive ( with power varieties)
6. Front Foot Cut ( with lofted and power varieties )
7. Front Foot Third Man Dab (with loft variety)
8. Back foot defense
9. Back foot drive ( straight/off/cover depending on ball position)
10. Back foot cut (with power variety)
11. Back foot dab/ramp (with loft variety)

Legside
1. On Drive (with lofted and power variety)
2. Clip through midwicket
3. Square Leg Glance
4. Fine Leg Glance
5. Back foot hip glance
6. Back foot pull (infront of square, behind square, square)
7. Back foot hook
8. Sweep

Then... change how the ball comes off the bat

If the ball is swinging in and the batsman defends, chances are that's going to be slightly on the leg side.
Use timing to allow for better placement, and actually use the analogue stick to give that placement.
Completely fix the bullshit around cut shots off full length

So you basically want them to develop an entirely new game, and release it as a patch.

They rebuilt most of the physics in Don Bradman 14 over time, so I don't see why you're arguing that they shouldn't do it here.

You're effectively saying "Don't improve the game and make it at least as good as it's predecessor" - but forum experience teaches me never to argue with "Staff Members" - so peace.

They rebuilt most of the physics in Don Bradman 14 over time, so I don't see why you're arguing that they shouldn't do it here.

You're effectively saying "Don't improve the game and make it at least as good as it's predecessor" - but forum experience teaches me never to argue with "Staff Members" - so peace.

You've grossly misinterpreted what I've said. Improve the current batting experience, sure. Completely rebuilding the entire batting experience, ridiculous - it isn't something that just gets done for a patch. You're effectively asking them to completely re-design half the game. If you're expecting that, then you're going to be in for a rude shock.

Edit: Oh, you compared it to Ashes 13 in another thread. I'll gladly discount any opinion you have on the game now.

Last edited:
To be blunt, it's not. DBC 17 has some teething problems, but is still a game with far greater potential. Apart from the length issue the bowling is better, apart from that bug that prevents some shots the batting is arguably better, and the fielding system in general works better, though needs a bit of rebalancing. DBC 14 had bigger issues at release, give the game time.

Potential is maybe your Keyword here , because currently , on the ONLINE segment that I play , its far behind DBC 14 in all three facets of the game .

The Bowling feels a bit better , but the ease that batsman hit any ball being bowled by Spinners especially in the T20`s that I have played makes me wonder a bit . For example I cannot bowl the quicker faster flat ball that at least could trap batsman in front in DBC14 . That needs some attention as Spinners is now the easiest in my experience to bat against.

The Batting , needs alot of the Correct Shots and Animations of DBC 14 to be re-introduced , and real 360 degree batting needs to happen . not 2/3 x different angles per shot only.

The Fielding ...... Where do I start ? Just go and look at the videos in the Bugs thread , to see how bad it is . This according to me is the place where the most work needs to be done . Keeper and Bowler needs to start expecting and anticipating balls being thrown to them , and get into positions to effect breaking the stumps in a flash . The issues with the fielders are most well known , so I`m not going to go into too much detail on that. The idea that 30 seconds is sufficient to change the fields for both batsman , let alone do fine tuning on one or two fielders , means that most of the online Games ends up being played with weird fields that cannot be changed for the rest of the over . Then when you eventually after four overs of trying get your field 100 % set up , the game decides to throw in its own field again just to pee you off again.

The one place where it shines in my view , is the presentation side , the Manhattan graphs , etc there its ahead of 14 in a long way . Just need to see the runs required , rr required on the batting screen vs somewhere in sub menus.

Dont get me wrong . This game has the Potential , but to try and generalise the problems into 3 small issues , is downplaying whats wrong with the game in its current state.

I also hope and prey that the end product is what we all need and expect , as I`m keen to start my new Online Leagues , but in the current state I cannot do that yet .

Last edited:
Normally I support the developer by buying both the console and PC version of the game just to give them more sales. In this case, however, unless patch 3 fixes so many glaring issues, I will skip the PC version entirely.
There are too many nagging issues with this game. I feel they tried to do something new instead of building on what they had more. I'm sick of the same animations for batting from the 1st guy to the 11th guy, same bowling animations, same fielding animations, camera issues, fields that get auto-reset despite me having set it, constantly adjusting batsman at the crease every ball, batting prowess of 1st guy and 11th being the same, no changing weather or lighting, no real difference between batsmen or bowlers (can you imagine a car game where all cars behave the same exact way? It'll get like 2/10 reviews) , batting inconsistencies (it feels like the game ignores my inputs at times and sometimes it needlessly makes me walk across the stumps and get bowled. I mean which moronic cricketer plays a shot like that - walking across stumps while setup on leg stump to a ball bowled on middle). And pls get a proper cricketer and redo the motion capture of several shots from square cut to pull to hook etc. It's really badly done. And while at it, add like several dozen animations PER shot and randomly attach one to each batsman so there's variety when playing a shot. I'm also sick of the AI on easy hitting my yorkers for a square cut six. I mean, really?

I really hope the patch 3 they're working on really improves batting aspects of the game and makes 100% of the field accessible instead of the 55% or so that is. That will be a start.

Lets see how they do...

Normally I support the developer by buying both the console and PC version of the game just to give them more sales. In this case, however, unless patch 3 fixes so many glaring issues, I will skip the PC version entirely.
There are too many nagging issues with this game. I feel they tried to do something new instead of building on what they had more. I'm sick of the same animations for batting from the 1st guy to the 11th guy, same bowling animations, same fielding animations, camera issues, fields that get auto-reset despite me having set it, constantly adjusting batsman at the crease every ball, batting prowess of 1st guy and 11th being the same, no changing weather or lighting, no real difference between batsmen or bowlers (can you imagine a car game where all cars behave the same exact way? It'll get like 2/10 reviews) , batting inconsistencies (it feels like the game ignores my inputs at times and sometimes it needlessly makes me walk across the stumps and get bowled. I mean which moronic cricketer plays a shot like that - walking across stumps while setup on leg stump to a ball bowled on middle). And pls get a proper cricketer and redo the motion capture of several shots from square cut to pull to hook etc. It's really badly done. And while at it, add like several dozen animations PER shot and randomly attach one to each batsman so there's variety when playing a shot. I'm also sick of the AI on easy hitting my yorkers for a square cut six. I mean, really?

I really hope the patch 3 they're working on really improves batting aspects of the game and makes 100% of the field accessible instead of the 55% or so that is. That will be a start.

Lets see how they do...

If I were you and had a PC which could run DBC 17 I would in fact go with the PC version of the game. Big Ant will surely push out patches and bug fixes and PC version will get it faster and regularly compared to consoles.

The Batting , needs alot of the Correct Shots and Animations of DBC 14 to be re-introduced , and real 360 degree batting needs to happen . not 2/3 x different angles per shot only.

this is my greatest fear of DBC17

it feels like when you decide which shot to play, the game decides where it goes randomly within that cone/zone.

the 360 degree - or a wheel with 360 angles of shots have been removed and simplified as 8 zones to which we hit, from those 8 zones currently we can only hit to 4 of them. when the patch is released we hope to hit to all 8 zones, but i feel like instead of the degree i am aiming the stick, the game will already decide where in that zone it goes.usually splitting fielders or straight to a fielder - seldom just left or right on either side or where i am pointing. there is no pintpoint precision. the R1 precision mod leads us to believe we can hit anywhere with 360 deg of shots, but most of these shots are nurfed, and trickle to the circle, or dont get where u point, rendering it useless for now. i dont want the game to decide where my shots go between mid off and cover - i want my stick to determine the line, with a small fraction % of deviation based on my timing window. if i hit all greens, the ball should go exactly where my stick points - currently you can hit all greens and still get caught behind, play and miss, or get done LBW so its broken.

hopefully the precision mod button needs some tuning, and this is what we are all after when its working. a full 360 degree array of shots at our disposal which pearce the infield with a well timed and selected shot - all greens

this is my greatest fear of DBC17

it feels like when you decide which shot to play, the game decides where it goes randomly within that cone/zone.

the 360 degree - or a wheel with 360 angles of shots have been removed and simplified as 8 zones to which we hit, from those 8 zones currently we can only hit to 4 of them. when the patch is released we hope to hit to all 8 zones, but i feel like instead of the degree i am aiming the stick, the game will already decide where in that zone it goes.usually splitting fielders or straight to a fielder - seldom just left or right on either side or where i am pointing. there is no pintpoint precision. the R1 precision mod leads us to believe we can hit anywhere with 360 deg of shots, but most of these shots are nurfed, and trickle to the circle, or dont get where u point, rendering it useless for now. i dont want the game to decide where my shots go between mid off and cover - i want my stick to determine the line, with a small fraction % of deviation based on my timing window. if i hit all greens, the ball should go exactly where my stick points - currently you can hit all greens and still get caught behind, play and miss, or get done LBW so its broken.

hopefully the precision mod button needs some tuning, and this is what we are all after when its working. a full 360 degree array of shots at our disposal which pearce the infield with a well timed and selected shot - all greens

There's only one game so far which provided the complete 360 degree shot control - AC 2009. But the problem was it was too easy to time the ball and hit the gaps. Would be great if DBC 17 allows us to do the same without showing us the "shot cone" which AC 2009 used to and the direction the ball goes, if timed well, should be directed by the direction of the Right Stick.

dont get me wrong i wouldnt want BA to take example from any of the past games for shot variation out of the box they were all aracady shit, with exception of blc 99 and 14. EA games after heavy modding could give some good variation, but AC was a point and click adventure game.

BA just need to tweak shot variation a bit and expand on 14 here in range a bit.

There's only one game so far which provided the complete 360 degree shot control - AC 2009. But the problem was it was too easy to time the ball and hit the gaps. Would be great if DBC 17 allows us to do the same without showing us the "shot cone" which AC 2009 used to and the direction the ball goes, if timed well, should be directed by the direction of the Right Stick.
360 range was almost there in DBC 14 but with more amount of shot animations and combinations, I am sure BA will pull it off with a patch..

And this "BA just need to tweak shot variation a bit and expand on 14 here in range a bit."

id like to see:
- 360 degree batting
- fix scoreboard so we can see required run rate and target (not just with 5 ov to go)
- earned stats and proper career stats like on dbc14
- fix the running between the wickets (slide bat earlier)
- like to see weather (swinging overcast conditions) and some rain
- fix the superman keeper

I like the ball marker being visible earlier than dbc14 though and love the logos, grounds and bats

im sure the patch will fix all these - looking forward to it :)

Does anyone know what will be included in this "Patch 3" and is there a target timeline for its release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread