Patch 3 Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil1087

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
So looks like Big Ant is out with Patch 2 and it's time we start looking at Patch 3. Please NOTE that this thread is only for suggestions. Anyone who wants to criticize can do it in any other thread. I understand that people are upset (including me) but the fact that Big Ant is trying to fix the issues makes me feel good. I think we should provide them the support from our end too. So let's make this easy for them instead of making it hard!!
P.S. - Keep this related to game play!!

So bring on your suggestions. To begin with, I am going to keep updating some most common CHANGES that are MANDATORY in Patch 3 as per the users:

**My game in career mode is stuck as I cant' play in any customized grounds. Everytime a venue is selected, the game is crashing. Big Ant needs to fix this ASAP as this is a Sev 0 issue and requires immediate attention**

** My Career mode crashed in the middle and data got corrrupted. Now whenever I try to load my career, it says CORRUPTED. I have invested so much time into this and it just crashed. This is B.S. Have this fixed ASAP**

A) We need to see the current run rate, required run rate, (Trail or lead stats) in Test Match needs to be fixed. MORE REPLAYS for close calls (Top edges, ball beating the batsmen, LBW appeal, a good dive to stop the ball etc.) to make things look more realistic and interesting. Also they need to add more Highlights just like FIFA. In this case we can see FOW (fall of wickets), Boundaries scored by top scorer etc.

B) Addition of new BATTING STROKE VARIATIONS. Square cuts, cover drives, leg glances as batsmen clearly cant' play at 360 Degree angle. They need to fix the timing gauge as it's never accurate. I see perfect timing and placement for strokes that as mistimed. Front foot and most of the back foot 360 DEGREE SHOT feel is missing and these strokes need A LOT OF IMPROVEMENT (Ross is already aware of that).

C) FIELDERS/WICKETKEEPER need to be more quick. I barely see any threat of being "run out" while taking a single as fielders inside the circle are too SLOW in reacting (throws), direct hits and taking bails off.

D) Unnecessary diving by bowler, wicket keeper and fielders on the pitch while collecting the ball, new celebrations for scoring a 100, 200 and so on (That's not too big of an issue) but still it would make the game more interesting.

E) How can I forget "COMMENTARY". This needs to be fixed. I am sorry but I can't mute the commentary and play as that just doesn't make any sense. You need it for the realism and please add some enthusiasm in their voices.

They need to fix it somehow. Below are few examples:
1) I ran 4 runs and even 5 runs, no acknowledgment by commentators
2) I scored 100 and 200, still no excitement or acknowledgement
3) Commentators usually go with "Oh what a shot" when you can clearly see that it was a mistimed stroke and sometimes even when you get caught.
4) A lot of times I play a shot on the offside but the commentators mention leg side
and so on.

F) Also I have read that a lot of people are complaining about the STATS (detailed, career and competition), LOGO EDITORS, CRASHES after PATCH 2 etc. From what I have read, Ross has confirmed that they are working on a fix for that in patch 3 but still I'll add it here.

G) Another thing that a lot have mentioned is then to add CAMERA ANGLES. We would definitely want a broadcast camera angle once the balls hits the bat and goes to the fielder or boundary

I know I have missed a lot. Bring on the suggestions and once again thanks for all your input. Also, appreciate the effort Big Ant is putting in Cheers!!:clap

Last edited:

sahil1087

Club Captain
Other than Kohli and Dhoni, everyone else in Indian lineup sucks b**ls as far as their looks is concerned. Please fix that

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Other than Kohli and Dhoni, everyone else in Indian lineup sucks b**ls as far as their looks is concerned. Please fix that

That's because there's no PlanetCricket approved side. If you want you can edit players' looks. Would save a lot of time...

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Batting mentality to make more of a difference when bowling at the AI. Conservative batsmen shouldn't be smashing the ball in the air as much as anyone else.

My get best worked fine, although I only tried it for the international teams.

sahil1087

Club Captain
Sure, I'll try doing that too. Thanks for the update.

Mark - The only way for me to get a decent looking Indian lineup is to edit it myself? Can't I replace it with anything?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sure, I'll try doing that too. Thanks for the update.

Mark - The only way for me to get a decent looking Indian lineup is to edit it myself? Can't I replace it with anything?

As of now no one on PlanetCricket has made an Indian side. You can check this thread to see which teams are there to download and when India and the rest are available.

RoyalGreen

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
United States
1. Detailed Career statistics.
2. Some kinda fix so I don't have to start a new career when I use 'get best' later when it's available or change any team data afterwards.
3. Less jumpy AI.
4. More personal headlines in Career Mode section? The articles kinda feels like a 1990's bot now. Also it shows team won by runs only, even if they won by wickets. i.e. "Won by 1 run." instead of "Won by 7 wickets."

sahil1087

Club Captain
1. Detailed Career statistics.
2. Some kinda fix so I don't have to start a new career when I use 'get best' later when it's available or change any team data afterwards.
3. Less jumpy AI.
4. More personal headlines in Career Mode section? The articles kinda feels like a 1990's bot now. Also it shows team won by runs only, even if they won by wickets. i.e. "Won by 1 run." instead of "Won by 7 wickets."
They are trying to do a FIFA. With that those article headlines. I am sure that it will improve from here. But again, considering the budget they have I think their primary focus should be gameplay

hammerbliss

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Keeper delays a lot to take the bails off and often after taking a catch it's not being given out in outfield. Happened in an online game twice yesterday. Need field restrictions in quick and custom games 2-3 outside in pp , 4-5 outside after pp

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
1. All-time career stats is key.
2. I want to be able to play foreign first class competitions in career e.g. Sheffield Shield as a county player. I have no interest in playing in the T20 leagues of other countries.
3. I should be able to choose which ground a match in career is played at, out of the available home grounds.
4. I should be able to edit the 'Team Lists'. This would mean being able to edit the current team lists (editing competition names would be great too if possible), as well as create new ones, rather than have all custom teams go into one new list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread