Patch #4 release update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UI3dwNV9n7k_2nkNnt_ySZGTHMjDO2RvBHzYFU78VNLFlLZg9JTYnRSP4osrTnYgYg=h900

The days of tracking stats on paper are gone! Use Hockey Stat Tracker to keep track of shots, goals, assists and many more stats.

After my fifth reload in 20 overs, I have come to the conclusion that this stumping when a batsman lifts his foot in the air after missing a normal drive has to be looked at

UI3dwNV9n7k_2nkNnt_ySZGTHMjDO2RvBHzYFU78VNLFlLZg9JTYnRSP4osrTnYgYg=h900

The days of tracking stats on paper are gone! Use Hockey Stat Tracker to keep track of shots, goals, assists and many more stats.
That's proper on fleek... I wonder if this can be incorporated in a cricket game...?

Too bad The Show 17 has it's own set of bugs; the consternation over on the Operation Sports forums is similar to here.
The servers seem more stable for The Show now. Actually completed an online game today, and it counted. The modern fashion for hating on devs is so futile but I think it comes from the fact that we're actually getting closer to authentic experiences, still a ways to go but I think sports games are in awesome shape. Would I like games to be perfect day 1? Sure, but with the size and scope of modern sports games, bugs are inevitable and are not as easy to fix as people think.[DOUBLEPOST=1493330486][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm on 16 not sure if I'm getting 17.

The improved ball physics and new commentary make so much difference, and I loved 16.

The servers seem more stable for The Show now. Actually completed an online game today, and it counted. The modern fashion for hating on devs is so futile but I think it comes from the fact that we're actually getting closer to authentic experiences, still a ways to go but I think sports games are in awesome shape. Would I like games to be perfect day 1? Sure, but with the size and scope of modern sports games, bugs are inevitable and are not as easy to fix as people think.[DOUBLEPOST=1493330486][/DOUBLEPOST]

The improved ball physics and new commentary make so much difference, and I loved 16.
I got it for the divisional shift and career stats I'm a sucker for the GIDP. Seems very smooth.

Not everything will be great day one never! Look at Fifa and the it's budget..? Always problems.

Something has just clicked for me.. and that is after seeing how another tru blu published game, has gone about promoting AFL EVOLUTION through social media and even the footy show on tv.

Is that, A) there not as bad at publishing games as BA have tried to make out.

Or, B) they didn't have much faith in the product BA developed.

All just a conspiracy, but I sense there always seems to be a tension bubbling away between games developed by BA, and the other 3rd party member. Maybe BA are the ones difficult to work with and not the other way round?

Something has just clicked for me.. and that is after seeing how another tru blu published game, has gone about promoting AFL EVOLUTION through social media and even the footy show on tv.

Is that, A) there not as bad at publishing games as BA have tried to make out.

Or, B) they didn't have much faith in the product BA developed.

All just a conspiracy, but I sense there always seems to be a tension bubbling away between games developed by BA, and the other 3rd party member. Maybe BA are the ones difficult to work with and not the other way round?

Well, the issue with this hypothesis is that:

1) Wicket Witch products are generally just rehashes of better work, usually done by other studios (e.g. AFL Live 2, Rugby Challenge 3, etc.)
2) Wicket Witch products have a tendency to fall into a black hole and only reappear later, and generally not in a pretty state (e.g. Rugby Challenge 3 disappeared, and what we essentially got was a weak rehash of Rugby Challenge 2, which itself was a weak rehash of Rugby Challenge 1)
3) Big Ant actually support their products post launch, unlike the products noted above

To be blunt, I trust Big Ant the most out of all developers for Australian sports games, and by a wide margin. Some of the stuff thrown around about DBC 17 in this thread is bizarre, it is to a higher standard than most, if not all, Australian sports games released in the last decade, especially by other publishers. There are gameplay niggles, and a few UI issues here and there, but the game is largely an improve, and they've continued to support it. Should they never release a patch 4, then maybe there's something to be annoyed about, but even then it's a solid title in the series.

Edit: Not to sound too negative about it either, but the gameplay footage of AFL Evolution is really not promising:

To be honest, it looks like another weak port of Big Ant's original AFL Live. We'll see though.

Last edited:
remove message cause its flame bait lol
Big ant is flame bait.
promises of fixes and nothing

no update, this is sad
well done on chasing away your fan base

remove message cause its flame bait lol
Big ant is flame bait.
promises of fixes and nothing

no update, this is sad
well done on chasing away your fan base
Not really sure what you're meaning but nothing is flame bait...? Not sure what this means.
They are fixing things there's pages and pages of stuff on this very thread from people who know far more than me and you on the subject.
No update... Yet!
Who's been chased away me, them, you...?

Need patience, Rome wasn't built in a day. It's a long term project and many games are released the same way just something we as consumers have to deal with.

Just like a cricket game an AFL game is more than welcome!!! I'm prepared to wait.

1) Wicket Witch products are generally just rehashes of better work, usually done by other studios (e.g. AFL Live 2, Rugby Challenge 3, etc.)
2) Wicket Witch products have a tendency to fall into a black hole and only reappear later, and generally not in a pretty state (e.g. Rugby Challenge 3 disappeared, and what we essentially got was a weak rehash of Rugby Challenge 2, which itself was a weak rehash of Rugby Challenge 1)
3) Big Ant actually support their products post launch, unlike the products noted above

To be blunt, I trust Big Ant the most out of all developers for Australian sports games, and by a wide margin. Some of the stuff thrown around about DBC 17 in this thread is bizarre, it is to a higher standard than most, if not all, Australian sports games released in the last decade, especially by other publishers. There are gameplay niggles, and a few UI issues here and there, but the game is largely an improve, and they've continued to support it. Should they never release a patch 4, then maybe there's something to be annoyed about, but even then it's a solid title in the series.

Edit: Not to sound too negative about it either, but the gameplay footage of AFL Evolution is really not promising:

To be honest, it looks like another weak port of Big Ant's original AFL Live. We'll see though.
Wicket witch...? Touché (Wisdom/Wisdem).

Being honest I thought the first AFL game (Live) was very good the second not so, really hoping for the third we seem to be in the same boat with DBC17 not polished but getting there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really sure what you're meaning but nothing is flame bait...? Not sure what this means.
They are fixing things there's pages and pages of stuff on this very thread from people who know far more than me and you on the subject.
No update... Yet!
Who's been chased away me, them, you...?

Need patience, Rome wasn't built in a day. It's a long term project and many games are released the same way just something we as consumers have to deal with.

Just like a cricket game an AFL game is more than welcome!!! I'm prepared to wait.

Definitely right said. Big Ant has a reputation of producing the likes of DBC14 ( A game of the Century) which no one can produce except BIGANT. As we are proud consumers of them expect the Patch 4 to address atleast some of the issues found in under developed game DBC 17 .It is not we but them made a promise of Update. Thanks

Yep we'll see next friday mate, I just get the impression its going to be a pretty decent game.

I know ww probably dont have the best track record... actually in truth I know from first hand experience with afl live 2 what they are capable of producing from time to time, funny that you say that they just do re hashes of already existing games because afl live 2 definitely didnt feel anything like afl live 1 which was imo the best Australian sports game... ever? That is unless swc 99 was an Australian developed game?

From my op my point is BA are using the same publisher as afl evo, evo has had miles better advertising than dbc 17, BA have pretty well said dbc 17 was the publishers fault for rushing it. I'm just saying I'm not so certain these days.

Oh yeah that gameplay was a 4 player local game, edited stats on low difficulty so its probably not the best gameplay to go off of.

Last edited:
Two more days to go. Are we going to get a announcement from BA re the patch its release or delay. Don't care one way or the other, would just like to be told what's happening. Not too much to ask is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread