Patch #4 release update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just get it fixed simples we have all been sold a BETA for £50 no ifs and buts about it the game has so much potential to be great but when put on the market for £50 or whatever price you paid the game should not have these bugs it should be working. this game as been broke since day 1 and bigant should be busted they butts in embarrassment to fix the BETA that they have sold.

If only you could have waited for a bit and read reviews and watched gameplay and then decide if you should spend £50. We all hope for a better tomorrow.

I've said I wouldn't provide a running commentary on the beta, but just to give a flavour of some improvements I hope BA or the other testers wouldn't mind me sharing this:

the AI batting is currently on another level to anything we have seen. they play much much better. i've only got tests to comment on so far, where they now play properly & the chips to the in field and the ugly hoiks to leg are dialled right down. I believe they also attack and chase much better in limited overs now.

here are some "highlights" of my latest bowling session in the beta, which shows how far some things have come and why it's worth showing a little more patience for a little while yet and not dropping shit fits if May 1 comes and there's no patch.

This was all on day 2 of a test in India, a Crumbly Hard Worn Heavy Cracked pitch.

First, I got genuine seam movement off the pitch from standard balls, as you can see in these images.

gD8V4B9.jpg

eSmQY0p.jpg

If you look closely you'll also see slightly variable bounce from a roughly equal length.

Here's a video of the second ball, which was perfect perfect 89mph yet reaches the keeper on the bounce. this is really encouraging as most balls carried through nicely.

And although sadly neither went to a fielder, I had 2 bona fide bat pad chances, the 2nd of which was particularly nice

Everything is default beta, no hacks, mods or fiddling with sliders. The game is improving significantly guys, stay the course!

//edit - sorry the vids didn't show properly at first.

Last edited:
I've said I wouldn't provide a running commentary on the beta, but just to give a flavour of some improvements I hope BA or the other testers wouldn't mind me sharing this:

the AI batting is currently on another level to anything we have seen. they play much much better. i've only got tests to comment on so far, where they now play properly & the chips to the in field and the ugly hoiks to leg are dialled right down. I believe they also attack and chase much better in limited overs now.

here are some "highlights" of my latest bowling session in the beta, which shows how far some things have come and why it's worth showing a little more patience for a little while yet and not dropping shit fits if May 1 comes and there's no patch.

This was all on day 2 of a test in India, a Crumbly Hard Worn Heavy Cracked pitch.

First, I got genuine seam movement off the pitch from standard balls, as you can see in these images.

gD8V4B9.jpg

eSmQY0p.jpg

If you look closely you'll also see slightly variable bounce from a roughly equal length.

Here's a video of the second ball, which was perfect perfect 89mph yet reaches the keeper on the bounce. this is really encouraging as most balls carried through nicely.

And although sadly neither went to a fielder, I had 2 bona fide bat pad chances, the 2nd of which was particularly nice

Everything is default beta, no hacks, mods or fiddling with sliders. The game is improving significantly guys, stay the course!

I'm hoping stamina issues are being looked at as well since along with poor AI batting and poor field sets, stamina issues was the biggest reason you didn't want to play Tests. That along with gazillion byes on bouncy pitches.

Edit: I wouldn't mind Big Ant taking their time and fixing the game for good. Much better than us getting a game by say end of April which has major flaws.

[DOUBLEPOST=1493414344][/DOUBLEPOST]@grkrama , would love to know whether you can play cut shots against spinners coz you couldn't do so thanks to the superman wkt keeper. And hopefully the close-in fielders are mere mortals and not meat shields who block everything.

Last edited:
I'm hoping stamina issues are being looked at as well since along with poor AI batting and poor field sets, stamina issues was the biggest reason you didn't want to play Tests. That along with gazillion byes on bouncy pitches.

Edit: I wouldn't mind Big Ant taking their time and fixing the game for good. Much better than us getting a game by say end of April which has major flaws.

[DOUBLEPOST=1493414344][/DOUBLEPOST]@grkrama , would love to know whether you can play cut shots against spinners coz you couldn't do so thanks to the superman wkt keeper. And hopefully the close-in fielders are mere mortals and not meat shields who block everything.

Christ... try and make a positive post and down comes a tidal wave of "what about...".

FFS.

I have no Beta tester qualifications.
I rarely post.
PLEASE let me into the secret cavern of the BETA testing thread.
I need to read some reasonable, rational discussion.

I'll bring cake.

That is all.

Last edited:
I rarely post.

I'll bring cake.

That it all.

I'll bring morphine if it means proper stats tracking is implemented.

I rarely post.

I'll bring cake.

That it all.
When you mean cake you mean 'cake' you know what I mean...?

baby-meme.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1493418643][/DOUBLEPOST]

You mean "an item of soft sweet food made from a mixture of flour, fat, eggs, sugar, and other ingredients, baked and sometimes iced or decorated"???
Err, Yep...

April is almost over. Tick. Tock.

If only you could have waited for a bit and read reviews and watched gameplay and then decide if you should spend £50. We all hope for a better tomorrow.
The problem with that logic is all the Big Ant arse kissers and white knights on this website heavily discredited any negative reviews and criticisms about the game.

@grkrama , would love to know whether you can play cut shots against spinners coz you couldn't do so thanks to the superman wkt keeper. And hopefully the close-in fielders are mere mortals and not meat shields who block everything.

yup cut shots are playable if timing is good, close in fielders have. Been looked into, so sweeps are playable, they do take the blows though from time to time but won't catch it etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread