Patch #4 release update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the patch release date is irrelevant. On time or late as long as it fixes the many issues then I don't care. I believe that we purchasers of this product are owed that at the very least.

To me as a returning customer however, Commercial integrity and Honesty is important and really dictates as to if and when I may do business with the company again or not. That's why it is so important TO ME that the company honour it's statement to release at the end of April or Publicly announce a delay. Not to do so and just allow the date to come and pass would speak volumes regarding the contempt that they appear to hold their customer base, the silent majority, in. Poor public opinion from such action would damage their chances of much repeat business I would think.

To me the patch release date is irrelevant. On time or late as long as it fixes the many issues then I don't care. I believe that we purchasers of this product are owed that at the very least.

To me as a returning customer however, Commercial integrity and Honesty is important and really dictates as to if and when I may do business with the company again or not. That's why it is so important TO ME that the company honour it's statement to release at the end of April or Publicly announce a delay. Not to do so and just allow the date to come and pass would speak volumes regarding the contempt that they appear to hold their customer base, the silent majority, in. Poor public opinion from such action would damage their chances of much repeat business I would think.

This is actually something I'd tend to agree with to an extent. Whilst I respect that BigAnt make the best games in Australia, sports games at least, it appears that they're a bit inconsistent with engagement with their fanbases. I respect that it can be annoying if they personally come here to talk with us, and end up with a stream of pricks and pirates, but at the same time they should still at least give some update on what's happening for the customers, even if it's just: "Looks like we won't make the late April release date we hoped for". It's a bit like the whole "always online" change they pushed on the PC version of DBC 14 without prior consultation or agreement from customers when they just kind of snuck it in there, despite it not being an original requirement of the game.

In any case, I trust them to deliver patch 4 eventually, but an update on progress before April ends would be nice. At the very least though I trust that BigAnt are a good developer, unlike Wicked Witch for example, or the many other companies that publish through TruBlu, which tend to be very hit and miss quality wise.

yup cut shots are playable if timing is good, close in fielders have. Been looked into, so sweeps are playable, they do take the blows though from time to time but won't catch it etc
Sweep shots from outside off stumps. I hope that is also looked at.
And the " early game timing " for batting, any feedback on that . Ur thoughts.

Can anyone comment on superhuman wicket keepers - especially batting against spinners. Have they been toned down?

Can anyone comment on superhuman wicket keepers - especially batting against spinners. Have they been toned down?

i've seen no evidence to confirm or repudiate but yes that has certainly been listed in the build fixes - i think all the close catchers were toned down.

and if you don't mind shaky recording and background noise of Paw Patrol, here's a couple of videos of a bat pad...

Would most definitely second that. I personally find the game enjoyable, even in its present state. Monopoly in Cricket game development, doesn't help consumers' cause as well. Will certainly wait 6 months and 4 patches before buying Bradman Cricket 2020 (If at all they find 1.2 billion cricket lovers' market lucrative, and come up with one more)

Hallmark of professionalism
1. Announce a patch release time frame
2. Don't deliver by that date
3. Bank on goodwill and the fact that our consumers don't have an alternative.

"We are working hard, and this is why we are loathe to giving out dates in the first place"

WAIT, WHAT?!

Fanboys can bring on the "Oh, you don't know how it works, they are trying really..."

Hallmark of professionalism
1. Announce a patch release time frame
2. Don't deliver by that date
3. Bank on goodwill and the fact that our consumers don't have an alternative.

"We are working hard, and this is why we are loathe to giving out dates in the first place"

WAIT, WHAT?!

Fanboys can bring on the "Oh, you don't know how it works, they are trying really..."

I will simply state that the build they would have had to submit in time to release by end of april was nowhere near as good as the build we have now, which itself still has some things that need resolving. i don't know why they haven't officially announced a delay in the patch, and they absolutely should do so, but the bottom line is we will get a better patch as a result.

What wrong with wicked witch and true blue like Iv given up really on the game and I got to 28 on the ps4 leaderboard I enjoyed the game but now it idk

I will simply state that the build they would have had to submit in time to release by end of april was nowhere near as good as the build we have now, which itself still has some things that need resolving. i don't know why they haven't officially announced a delay in the patch, and they absolutely should do so, but the bottom line is we will get a better patch as a result.

Appreciate what you are saying.

However, once one announces a time frame for patch release, for the paying customer how the company manages it is irrelevant. Their issues are their issues.

However good the patch is, such delays make people lose interest. Personally know some previously (on DBC 14) super active online players who have completely lost interest in the game just because of the wait for a patch that will enable them to use a field of their choice smoothly! 5 months since the game came out, and this is still an issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread