PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

just finished my game with the_gas
I was australia he was england

I batted first (rather poorly) 130 all out off 12.1 overs

the_gas batted second and was a lot more convincing than I was although i felt my bowling was fairly good.
Basically he needed 1 run to win off the last over and i ran out someone and i caught and bowled prior off the final ball of the game to tie the match.

It was a great game, very tense especially the final few overs. There was no lag whatsoever for me, I think ashes cricket 09 will be a game to play online again and again.

Thanks for the game the_gas hope to play you again some other time

just finished my game with the_gas
I was australia he was england

I batted first (rather poorly) 130 all out off 12.1 overs

the_gas batted second and was a lot more convincing than I was although i felt my bowling was fairly good.
Basically he needed 1 run to win off the last over and i ran out someone and i caught and bowled prior off the final ball of the game to tie the match.

It was a great game, very tense especially the final few overs. There was no lag whatsoever for me, I think ashes cricket 09 will be a game to play online again and again.

Thanks for the game the_gas hope to play you again some other time

Hey man yeah it was a great game.

You batted well and bowled well, i didn't realise it was possible to slog so much, although i think you went a little early, not even batting out your overs.

I decided to go for a more measured approach, so why i just didn't knock off that 1 run at the end, Lol who knows.

We must have another game soon, hopefully more people will be on tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hey man yeah it was a great game.

You batted well and bowled well, i didn't realise it was possible to slog so much, although i think you went a little early, not even batting out your overs.

I decided to go for a more measured approach, so why i just didn't knock off that 1 run at the end, Lol who knows.

We must have another game soon, hopefully more people will be on tomorrow.

You actually think i batted well? haha thanks :) i still need to work on seeing out an innings I agree.

You batted really well especially with shah, he was the foundation of the team..

Your top scorer was shah 61(54)
Mine was haddin 45(27)

Shows how much of a slogger I am hahaha

I intend to be playing this online tomorrow morning (i'll give a shout in here when I'm on).

My username is, unoriginally, NICK_GIFF.

Multiplayer game review (offline)

Ok. here are my 2 cents about playing with my brother (offline) on ps3

everything else is fine in this game but one thing annoys me the most. Spinners and medium pace bowlers.

with spinners and medium bowlers you throw a really slow ball (with no power in it) and the ball seems so slow that its impossible to time it.

and then the number of catches wicket keeper gets with spinners is insane.

i was 49/2 and when the spinners came i was all out for 61.
although i only played one game and i am basing above judgment on that. i havent played anything online yet but will do once a get xbox version.

please tell me is it me or maybe just my timing, but it seems very hard to play spinners in multiplayer with different bowling speeds. maybe i am not good enough yet. :noway

I think I'll go with MB76. Game's down as 'order taken' now, so it should leave early tomorrow. Monday is the most likely arrival time, but Saturday is an outside chance.

Edit: Is there an option to play Tests online? We could arrange times with each other when to play the next session, as long as there's an option to save the game online - something I've never heard of before.

Hopefully will receive tomorrow. Then I'll be kicking some arse.

I think I'll go with MB76. Game's down as 'order taken' now, so it should leave early tomorrow. Monday is the most likely arrival time, but Saturday is an outside chance.

Edit: Is there an option to play Tests online? We could arrange times with each other when to play the next session, as long as there's an option to save the game online - something I've never heard of before.

You can play tests, but no online saves. So it would be a 10 hour marathon or nothing

Yeah a real bummer that they didn't include a save option so playing tests would be pointless. 50 overs would be the max, and even that would take a while.

nice to see you are awake. Now how about those screen shots and videos you promised. Or at least some match reports on online experiences.

nice to see you are awake. Now how about those screen shots and videos you promised. Or at least some match reports on online experiences.

Yep always up bright and early me.

I will be doing a review, with some vids and pics, however i need to bowl against the cpu on hard before i can write my review.

Currently on 215/3 at tea, so still some work to do. But online seemed great fun. I really need to get someone to help me with the controls though as i have no way of select back foot/charge.

Yeah a real bummer that they didn't include a save option so playing tests would be pointless. 50 overs would be the max, and even that would take a while.

That's just stupid! Couldn't they realise that it's pointless even having the Tests option online if you can't save? Oh well, I'm sure Twenty/20s are fun. Play.com still haven't sent it and Shopto are still out of stock as well. Haven't checked Gameplay yet...

Edit: No point - Gameplay's ?24.99 like in the shops.

That's just stupid! Couldn't they realise that it's pointless even having the Tests option online if you can't save? Oh well, I'm sure Twenty/20s are fun. Play.com still haven't sent it and Shopto are still out of stock as well. Haven't checked Gameplay yet...

Edit: No point - Gameplay's ?24.99 like in the shops.

Lol mate, you spent too much time buggering about, shoulda gone with shopto when we first said, you'll get it in the end though.

But important lessons have been learned. :laugh

On a side note, a slightly annoying gay side note, i have ordered a 360 pad from play.

Users who are viewing this thread