PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

playkid12

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
My sincere apologies to John(numbers) or Jon(numbers). I lost my internet connection in the middle of the match just now. I had made around 306 from 20 overs and you were Sri Lanka chasing it down, it was only the first over. Please let me know if you want your chase. I can start a game and you can choose to bat (or I can choose to field) and try to chase it down. Again, I'm sorry about that. I'm not a quitter.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Just had a fun game against Stevie.
I was in pretty good shape with 1 ball to go in the powerplay at 53/2 or something. Then I lost KP, then my entire middle order. Ended up 70/7 or something :p before fighting back to make 140.
Didn't think it would be enough and it wasn't. Stevie's KP batted superbly and got 64 before I finally got him hooking. Colly impressed too and Stevie was just too good at finding the gaps and timing the ball.
Won with 5 (?) overs to spare. No screens cos I accidentally clicked through the match stats screen.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Here's the summary:

SJBvsBA.png

I didn't have Fraps running, it seems to be the cause of the random stuttering I get. In fact, I seem to get stuttering whenever I start the game with another program running (Fraps, Firefox). I forgot I'd left Firefox running before I joined so every three or four balls the game would stutter like crazy. Thankfully it mostly happened when the ball was in the outfield. :eek:

It was good to finally play you after the connection issues we had before the patch.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I predicted a good game between Stevie and Colin and i was right. That's a moral victory for me that will boost morale. :banana2

Anyhoo, just played a good game against the guy (i forget his name Kabooska?) who defeated the mighty Colin.

I can verify he was a good player and played fair. :banana2

However, picking the super teams is frowned upon generally. :noway

There was a little bit of lag which didn't help matters. My spin bowlers were superb and won the day.

Kabooska, i think you should try and use more realistic fields. When the restrictions are over go to a typical realistic odi field, (4-5 men on the boundary) it will produce better (maybe more realistic) results.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-29 16-32-28-47.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-29 16-32-28-47.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 8

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Just to clear something up, if the ping is green for both players, then you should experience a good, smooth game, with little lag?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Just to clear something up, if the ping is green for both players, then you should experience a good, smooth game, with little lag?

Yes green = perfect.

I just played Kabooska and it was orange, lag was present but it was manageable.

St0ney

Club Captain
Is something wrong with this game today ive crashed at least 6 times so far.:eek:

Kabooka

International Cricketer
I predicted a good game between Stevie and Colin and i was right. That's a moral victory for me that will boost morale. :banana2

Anyhoo, just played a good game against the guy (i forget his name Kabooska?) who defeated the mighty Colin.

I can verify he was a good player and played fair. :banana2

However, picking the super teams is frowned upon generally. :noway

There was a little bit of lag which didn't help matters. My spin bowlers were superb and won the day.

Kabooska, i think you should try and use more realistic fields. When the restrictions are over go to a typical realistic odi field, (4-5 men on the boundary) it will produce better (maybe more realistic) results.

Excellent Game Mr. Gasman, It was a learning experience. Also it justified why the spinners are considered to be the dominating lot after this patch. ( Atleast when given the right conditions )

Lemme tell what all I have learnt in this game :

1. If its a Short Game like a 5 over game, spinners don't get the old ball, hence less turn. So a 20 over game can ensure that the spinners get a reasonably old ball after the 10th over & can turn it quite a bit.

2. If you are hosting , Play on a hard or Grassy Surface preferably not in the Sub-Continent. Also make sure that the Pitch is brand new & not 5 Days old.

3. In case you are up against spinners, dont play against the spin , especially the big shots. Try to go with the spin.

4. A bowler who bowls the doosra, must be treated with respect. As the bowler can change his direction any time. Thereby forcing you to unwillingly play against the spin.

5. Don't think that just because the timing bar is big, you can go for the big shots, you will definitely edge & mistime many of them provided its a day 5 pitch in Kolkata or Colombo & you are playing against a slightly old ball .

All in all , if the match were to be held in South Africa or Australia on a new pitch & it had been a shorter game of 5 or 10 overs , it would have been a different story provided the same teams were to be used.

So Much for hosting the game :sarcasm

As for the super teams , you did get super conditions to go with you spin-wiz team didn't you. I liked the way you played , you used your head when it mattered & had the right team to go with the right conditions. Which means that i can play as India in India , :banana2

BTW I don't remember you having more than 2 men on the boundary as you bowled 12 overs of spin.

Peace Gasman, Nice playing with you ( I learnt all that i had to learn )

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Excellent Game Mr. Gasman, It was a learning experience. Also it justified why the spinners are considered to be the dominating lot after this patch. ( Atleast when given the right conditions )

Lemme tell what all I have learnt in this game :

1. If its a Short Game like a 5 over game, spinners don't get the old ball, hence less turn. So a 20 over game can ensure that the spinners get a reasonably old ball after the 10th over & can turn it quite a bit.

2. If you are hosting , Play on a hard or Grassy Surface preferably not in the Sub-Continent. Also make sure that the Pitch is brand new & not 5 Days old.

3. In case you are up against spinners, dont play against the spin , especially the big shots. Try to go with the spin.

4. A bowler who bowls the doosra, must be treated with respect. As the bowler can change his direction any time. Thereby forcing you to unwillingly play against the spin.

5. Don't think that just because the timing bar is big, you can go for the big shots, you will definitely edge & mistime many of them provided its a day 5 pitch in Kolkata or Colombo & you are playing against a slightly old ball .

All in all , if the match were to be held in South Africa or Australia on a new pitch & it had been a shorter game of 5 or 10 overs , it would have been a different story provided the same teams were to be used.

So Much for hosting the game :sarcasm

As for the super teams , you did get super conditions to go with you spin-wiz team didn't you. I liked the way you played , you used your head when it mattered & had the right team to go with the right conditions. Which means that i can play as India in India , :banana2

BTW I don't remember you having more than 2 men on the boundary as you bowled 12 overs of spin.

Peace Gasman, Nice playing with you ( I learnt all that i had to learn )

Hey K. Yeah it was a good game, your batting, especially in the early overs was excellent. You showed great composure and played very well early doors.

However, i need to correct you on a few things. Yes we played at Kolkata, however it was a day 1 pitch, not a day 5 pitch.

About playing at a different pitch, I'm not so sure. I find it spins a lot no matter where you play, in fact i have noticed no difference whether you play at Lords or Columbo, and i have played a lot of games.

As for the fields, with Swann i had 4 men on the boundary, with Rashid 3 men. I have used similar fields against Colin, Lazy, Stevie and Sureshot. Occasionally, depending on game situations i might bring a fielder in, or push one out.

Overall though you played very well, your batting composure early doors was impressive, resisting the bait i left you at points through the leg side.

EDIT, also you're incorrect about the spinners and the old ball, i bowled spin from the 6th over until the 18th.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Hey K. Yeah it was a good game, your batting, especially in the early overs was excellent. You showed great composure and played very well early doors.

However, i need to correct you on a few things. Yes we played at Kolkata, however it was a day 1 pitch, not a day 5 pitch.

As for the fields, with Swann i had 4 men on the boundary, with Rashid 3 men. I have used similar fields against Colin, Lazy, Stevie and Sureshot. Occasionally, depending on game situations i might bring a fielder in, or push one out.

EDIT, also you're incorrect about the spinners and the old ball, i bowled spin from the 6th over until the 18th.

1. My apologies, it may have been a day one pitch , but a day 5 pitch would only help the spinners wont it ?

2. Again , I was wrong , just checked the screenshots you did use 4 men outside the circle

3. Well you didn't have 5 spinners now did you ? You bowled spinners after the 6th over as the spinners can be easily tweaked for singles & during the powerplay that could translate into boundaries . This in turn would have cost you runs, which would have decreased bowler confidence , thereby eliminating the doosra altogether.

You chose only 3 spinners to bowl 12 overs & not a 4th one as a spinner who doesn't bowl a doosra ( like KP ) is much less lethal during the last few overs, not to mention he can be put away for big runs ( Ala Mr. Gayle ).

Would you mind clearing my doubts, with the Same Teams in a 5 over game in S.A ?

I wanna see , how do you bowl with 3 Spinners in a 5 over game

I dont mind picking up the Zulus, ill host. In case you have the time :)

Peace

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread