[PC Soccer] How To Post A Teamsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO GIVE TACTICS OUT IN PUBLIC, PLEASE PM THEM TO ME.

Obviously the integral part of the sim is to give a teamsheet so that you can actually walk out onto the pitch in the first place!!!

So, here's a quick guide on how to enter your teamsheets. There are a couple of interesting things which you can do!

At the top of the sheet, please provide your formation, then, next, you will need to set your starting tactic, which can be any of the following:

Normal (N) - The most basic tactics in ESMS (don't be folled by ``basic'' - in some cases N is the most effective way to play). It provides no special benefits, but also has almost no vulnerabilities. A team playing N will enjoy a stable mix of defense and offense.

• Defensive (D) - A team playing D focuses a lot on defense. If you want to keep the score down, giving a strong fight in the defense, but also not taking much opportunities in the offense, D is the tactic for you. With this tactic your midfielders, and even attackers to some extent focus more on the defense, hence your opponent will have a hard time scoring, but so will you.
  • Attacking (A) - The most offensive tactic. Your team is eager to score - the attackers stick near to the opponent's goal, the midfielders take a lot of chances and even the defenders join to help. This all gives good offense, but your defense will suffer greatly.
  • Passing (P) - Your team will push for offense, driving slow but efficient attacks. Naturally, when a team focuses on attack, the defense is weaker. This tactic is more offensive than N but less than A.
  • Counter Attack (C) - The defenders concentrate on defense, but seek opportunities to drive the midfielders and attackers to stinging counter-attacks. This tactic is more offensive than D but less than N.
  • Long Ball (L) - The most unusual tactic, which can sometimes be a winner and sometimes fail, depending on the opponent. With L, your attack is driven by long balls right from the defense, and midfielders play a minor role. This tactic is usually used by teams with relatively weak midfielders.
Then, you will need to provide your starting eleven. You will need to post the position, for example, a midfielder playing on the left would be = MFL, and a defender playing in the centre would be DFC. GK doesn't apply with that, for obvious reasons.
After the starting eleven, provide (a maximum of) five subs in the same way that you have posted the first eleven.
Then please name your primary Penalty Kicker if any penalties take place during the match.

This is, by far, the trickiest part of the teamsheet. Orders are given in a mini-language that tells ESMS what to do and when. Each order consists of an action (what to do) and a group of conditions (when to do it). ESMS will execute an order if all the conditions for it are satisfied. The actions in ESMS are:

• TACTIC Orders ESMS to change your team's tactic to a new tactic see the N,A,D etc. list above.
  • CHANGE POSITION Tells ESMS to change the position of a certain player. You can refer to a player by his name or by a position. If a position is specified, ESMS finds the worst player on this position (worst - meaning with the lowest relevant skill, for example Ps for midfielders).
  • SUB Substitutes a player. Takes a name or a position of a player to take out, just like CHANGE POSITION. Additionally, takes the name of a player to bring in, and the position he'll play in.
The actions are still not full order lines, which should also include at least one condition. In general, several conditions can be given, separated by commas. The conditions in ESMS are:

• IF MIN If the game is now before, at, or after a certain minute.
  • IF SCORE Specifies the goal difference between your team and the opponent's team. A positive goal difference means you lead, a negative means the opponent leads. For example 2 means you lead by 2 goals (e.g. the score is 2-0, 3-1, 4-2 and so on). Similarly, -2 means that you lose by 2 goals.
  • IF YELLOW If the player got a yellow card. If a position is given, any player on this position counts. That is, for MFC - if any central midfielder got a yellow card.
  • IF RED Similar to the previous condition, but with a red and not a yellow card.
  • IF INJ Similar to the previous condition, but with an injury instead of a card.
EXAMPLES:
Substitute Paul Parry for MFL after 70 minutes.
Change STC to AMC after 70 minutes if 3-0 up.

Hope that all makes sense, and now to finish off, here is a sample teamsheet! :D

TEAM A TEAMSHEET for Friendly Match

FORMATION & TACTIC: 4-4-2, Attacking

TEAM:

GK Anthony Xpress
DFL Simon Barros
DFC Peter Xerxes
DFC Ramss
DFR Polly Knight
MFL Dean Gaffney
MFC Gareth Jones
MFC Henry Blofeld
MFR John Agnew
STC Brian Johnston
STC Christopher Jenkins

SUBS:

GK Ubuntu Linus
DFC Aldrid Chan
MFR Polly Kriss
STC Peter Browne
STC Paul James

PENALTY TAKER: Christopher Jenkins

ORDERS:

Change to attacking tactic if losing 2-0 after 65 minutes.
Change any STC to AMC if winning 4-0 after 20 minutes.

Last edited:

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
It'll become easier over time, that's why I'm doing these two pre-season friendlies so people can get used to it :p

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
w3lshrugby said:
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO GIVE TACTICS OUT IN PUBLIC, PLEASE PM THEM TO ME.

Obviously the integral part of the sim is to give a teamsheet so that you can actually walk out onto the pitch in the first place!!!

So, here's a quick guide on how to enter your teamsheets. There are a couple of interesting things which you can do!

At the top of the sheet, please provide your formation, then, next, you will need to set your starting tactic, which can be any of the following:

Normal (N) - The most basic tactics in ESMS (don't be folled by ``basic'' - in some cases N is the most effective way to play). It provides no special benefits, but also has almost no vulnerabilities. A team playing N will enjoy a stable mix of defense and offense.

• Defensive (D) - A team playing D focuses a lot on defense. If you want to keep the score down, giving a strong fight in the defense, but also not taking much opportunities in the offense, D is the tactic for you. With this tactic your midfielders, and even attackers to some extent focus more on the defense, hence your opponent will have a hard time scoring, but so will you.
  • Attacking (A) - The most offensive tactic. Your team is eager to score - the attackers stick near to the opponent's goal, the midfielders take a lot of chances and even the defenders join to help. This all gives good offense, but your defense will suffer greatly.
  • Passing (P) - Your team will push for offense, driving slow but efficient attacks. Naturally, when a team focuses on attack, the defense is weaker. This tactic is more offensive than N but less than A.
  • Counter Attack (C) - The defenders concentrate on defense, but seek opportunities to drive the midfielders and attackers to stinging counter-attacks. This tactic is more offensive than D but less than N.
  • Long Ball (L) - The most unusual tactic, which can sometimes be a winner and sometimes fail, depending on the opponent. With L, your attack is driven by long balls right from the defense, and midfielders play a minor role. This tactic is usually used by teams with relatively weak midfielders.
Then, you will need to provide your starting eleven. You will need to post the position, for example, a midfielder playing on the left would be = MFL, and a defender playing in the centre would be DFC. GK doesn't apply with that, for obvious reasons.
After the starting eleven, provide (a maximum of) five subs in the same way that you have posted the first eleven.
Then please name your primary Penalty Kicker if any penalties take place during the match.

This is, by far, the trickiest part of the teamsheet. Orders are given in a mini-language that tells ESMS what to do and when. Each order consists of an action (what to do) and a group of conditions (when to do it). ESMS will execute an order if all the conditions for it are satisfied. The actions in ESMS are:

• TACTIC Orders ESMS to change your team's tactic to a new tactic see the N,A,D etc. list above.
  • CHANGE POSITION Tells ESMS to change the position of a certain player. You can refer to a player by his name or by a position. If a position is specified, ESMS finds the worst player on this position (worst - meaning with the lowest relevant skill, for example Ps for midfielders).
  • SUB Substitutes a player. Takes a name or a position of a player to take out, just like CHANGE POSITION. Additionally, takes the name of a player to bring in, and the position he'll play in.
The actions are still not full order lines, which should also include at least one condition. In general, several conditions can be given, separated by commas. The conditions in ESMS are:

• IF MIN If the game is now before, at, or after a certain minute.
  • IF SCORE Specifies the goal difference between your team and the opponent's team. A positive goal difference means you lead, a negative means the opponent leads. For example 2 means you lead by 2 goals (e.g. the score is 2-0, 3-1, 4-2 and so on). Similarly, -2 means that you lose by 2 goals.
  • IF YELLOW If the player got a yellow card. If a position is given, any player on this position counts. That is, for MFC - if any central midfielder got a yellow card.
  • IF RED Similar to the previous condition, but with a red and not a yellow card.
  • IF INJ Similar to the previous condition, but with an injury instead of a card.
EXAMPLES:
Substitute Paul Parry for MFL after 70 minutes.
Change STC to AMC after 70 minutes if 3-0 up.

Hope that all makes sense, and now to finish off, here is a sample teamsheet! :D

TEAM A TEAMSHEET for Friendly Match

FORMATION & TACTIC: 4-4-2, Attacking

TEAM:

GK Anthony Xpress
DFL Simon Barros
DFC Peter Xerxes
DFC Ramss
DFR Polly Knight
MFL Dean Gaffney
MFC Gareth Jones
MFC Henry Blofeld
MFR John Agnew
STC Brian Johnston
STC Christopher Jenkins

SUBS:

GK Ubuntu Linus
DFC Aldrid Chan
MFR Polly Kriss
STC Peter Browne
STC Paul James

PENALTY TAKER: Christopher Jenkins

ORDERS:

Change to attacking tactic if losing 2-0 after 65 minutes.
Change any STC to AMC if winning 4-0 after 20 minutes.
:o We'll take this one thanks.

FreezerBurn

School Cricketer
didn't know you could use STC, always thought it was FWC...

EDIT: just checked, you can't. The strikers need to be FWC, FWR, FWL

Last edited:

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Yeh i know! But I'm just doing this so it is easier for the guys on here - don't worry, I know what I am doing :p

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Headbutt FC TEAMSHEET for Friendly Match

FORMATION & TACTIC: 4-3-1-2, Attacking

TEAM:

GK Suren
DFL Duffarama
DFC Phil Deasy
DFC Zorax Doom (is not allowed to throw match)
DFR Polly Knight (James Wakefield)
MF(L)C Left_Hander
MFC William Ako
MF(R)C Vasand Kumar
AMC Dean Sherr (captain)
ST(L)C Bilal Tahir
STC Sylvester Tan

SUBS:

GK Wolf
DFR Andrew Filater
DFC Didier Drogba
MFC Frank Lampard
STC Obafemi Martens

PENALTY TAKER: Sylvester Tan

ORDERS:

Sub GKs if losing at least 4-0 at any time.
Sub DFRs after 70 minutes.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Yay I am starting. What is with Lampard and Martins? I don't see there sign-up forms anywhere :p

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Left_Hander said:
Yay I am starting. What is with Lampard and Martins? I don't see there sign-up forms anywhere :p
I'm not using them, they are bench warmers :D I'm going to request to exchange them though for Harry Kewell and Djibril Cisse. I love Cisse!

FreezerBurn

School Cricketer
can i just say that not posting tactics in public is rubbish. if you don't post tactics with the line-up then it should be a one point deduction and automatically assigned to N. same with team sheets, if they aren't posted by the cut off time then it incurs a one point deduction and the previous games sheet is used

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I apolgise for not moving it, I had work to do and couldn't make it back online, thanks to Zorax for posting it in there, a gold star goes to him. I will know where to put it if required in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread