PCB will lift ban on ICL players: Inzamam

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Indian Cricket League champion Lahore Badshahs' skipper Inzamam-ul Haq has claimed that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is all set to lift the ban on players aligned with the 'rebel' Twenty20 league.

"I have got positive vibes and response from the PCB about granting recognition to the ICL and I am hopeful the bans on the ICL players would be lifted soon," Inzamam, also a former Pakistan skipper, said.

The legal advisors and officials of the PCB are working on finalising a way to lift ban on ICL players, sources close to the board revealed recently.

Inzamam also urged the ICC to take some affirmative steps to safeguard the rights of the cricketers.

"I think it is also time the ICC play its role and take steps to safeguard the players rights, who are signed up for the ICL.

"The ICL is promoting cricket and providing livelihood to many players and also giving chances to young Indian cricketers. So it is time the ICC and Indian board recognise it to make the tournament official," he said.

Lahore Badshahs defeated Hyderabad Heroes in the three-match final to lift the second edition of the ICL T20 championship trophy in Ahmedabad last Sunday.

The skipper on Monday also expressed his eagerness to participate in a friendly encounter with the national team, who recently clinched a three-match ODI series against West Indies in Abu Dhabi, provided the PCB allows them.

Former Pakistan cricketer Javed Miandad recently compared the two sides and came out with the proposal of staging a friendly match between them

Source..........................

I've got no problem if PCB does it. Cricket is cricket, in whichever league it is played.

and then BCB should follow them too. then NZ then others. And BCCI should just ...

PCB should do, atm pakistan team is full crap. I will love to see Razzaq and Mahmood play for Pakistan :)

WHOOOOOOOO! :)

Razzaq and Mahmood are a bit old. Nazir, Farhat, Yusuf, Naved ul Hasan, Sami, those are names to watch...

The double standards have to end for the sake of cricket. New Zealand should be playing Shane Bond for starters, but there is simply no reason to blackmail these players other than to follow The Empire of the Board of Control for cricket internationally (BCCI)'s command.

This needs to be settled, good on Pakistan.

well i can understand why BCCI Banned ICL but i really can't understand why other nations like pakistan, Kiwis etc Banned this hahaha i think they just wana show BCCI that we are ur friends hmmm lol yes like USA ruling over all the countries . Indian Cricket Board is doing the same right now SO many boards want to be a friend of indian board...:P

Come on PCB get SOme Damn MIND>..

I've got no problem if PCB does it. Cricket is cricket, in whichever league it is played.

Pretty much agreed with this. Pakistan really has no choice in this anyway, we have lost too many players in this manner what with the lack of cricket for us these days.

now the BCCI are going after Clive Lloyd for the comments he made about the whole ICL deal.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/379154.html

I for one agree with Lloyd that a window (2 months or so) should be made in the schedules for all these 20/20 leagues to happen that way players wont have to choose between the league and country. This way they would be able to go and make money to support their families and than focus on playing tests.

I don't think there should be a window for anything, international cricket should be put absolute number 1 and anyone who chooses ICL or IPL over that should be banned by their respective cricket boards (not by the BCCI).

However, players should be given the chance to choose.

LOL! its like BCCI went to ICC and was like "dude! Mr. L is saying bad words!" ICC: ""what? aww i will take care of it dont cry. how dare he..."

Users who are viewing this thread