PCPL Fixtures (2008 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well. I can't really smell anything, although there is...something...disgusting eeking from the Dublin Destroyers HQ - I haven't even been to the Manchester club yet! ;)

In all honesty, I don't suspect anything.

I don't take kindly to wild accusations against myself or my club. ;)

I will sim the Dublin Destroyers games if everyone is feeling iffy about Trev and Simo simming although I don't really see the problem about them simming the games.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's a bit of a lose-lose situation for DD here...
On paper I reckon they have the strongest team but if they win people will say they cheated!
Therefore I'd back zmario's idea of live action simming (or possibly a screencam approach).

pal

International Coach
Nah, that's just silly. I think most everyone would trust him if he simply states results will stand as they are determined, considering all the work he has put into cricsim. I was just hoping for a best case scenario in which some active member who is not involved in any side sims the matches, because of the vCash involved, but it looks like that's not going to be possible.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Don't worry, we're all in it for fun ONLY (not the vCash, honest ;) )
plus it is virtually impossible to 'fix' cricsim anyway - so lets put this issue to bed! :D

Enjoy.

pal

International Coach
I couldn't care less about the vCash and I'm assuming that goes for some of the other team owners. But, it might still be an issue for others. You can sim a match until you get a certain result. That's what some people mean by 'fixing'. Still, I think most people are satisfied working on a trust basis, even though the best case scenario would have a neutral party conducting the simulation.

pal

International Coach
Can the stats be edited when they are copied and pasted over to the forum post?

I still trust whoever will be simming the matches, but I think it would be re-assuring to some members for the issue to be addressed.

vintners

Club Cricketer
Even if the "group stages" are all done by the same person, surely the finals should be done by a neutral?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Can the stats be edited when they are copied and pasted over to the forum post?

That would take a hell lot of time and effort, not worth any amount of vCash in my opinion. But hey, if someone is willing to sim a match over and over again, and manually keep track of the stats to flawless precision to post on the forums so that no one catches him, he deserves the vCash! :p

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Team first plays at home. Each team plays the other home and away in the "group" stage before moving on to the playoffs/finales at neutral venues.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I can resolve this issue and sim all the matches, I think we all know I could care less about the results. I'm a Soaker FFS. :D

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I can assure everyone that it wouldnt be in Trev's interest to rig the sim, as he will gain money any way. Had i not trusted him, i wouldn't have asked. He has done a great job over at the regular CricSim league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread