>>>People who are finding it hard to bat look here for tips<<<

Cowburn199

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have created a topic were we can all share our batting tips..
I will start off..
From the menu go onto play now..Be australia against USA..
Pick whatever stadium and your conditions..but pick unlimitied overs 5 days..
Now i recommend when bowling to autoplay as they will all be out for around 30-50 runs.
And when you are batting focus and keep trying new shots..as USA are the lowest rated team on the game it is good practice..then move to higher teams and you should be batting like a pro in no time :happy :happy

Somerset_Rule

Club Cricketer
Cowburn199 said:
And when you are batting focus and keep trying new shots..

this is the main thing. it is easy to play on drive after on-drive. learn how to play all the shots so you can score off most balls otherwise ODI's are impossible because they do indeed have a Mid On :eek:

i would advise for people not timing the ball well to press the shot button (W or S) just as the ball hits the bowling marker. also these are some tips for different balls

FOR RIGHT HANDED BATSMEN

Yorker = Leg glance S+right
Good length outside off =Cover Drive S+left+down
Good length on stumps =Stright drive S+down
Good length leg stump =Sweep S+up+right
Short offside =Glide W+up+left
Short offside =Cut W+left
Short straight =Glance W+right
Short straight =Pull W+right+up

if you use the six hit button i would advise to use it for shots either
over mid on
slog sweep
pull
and cover (if theres no fielder on boundary as this is usually 4)

lol, that was a long post, lots of Reps please :D

Cowburn199

International Coach
Somerset_Rule said:
this is the main thing. it is easy to play on drive after on-drive. learn how to play all the shots so you can score off most balls otherwise ODI's are impossible because they do indeed have a Mid On :eek:

i would advise for people not timing the ball well to press the shot button (W or S) just as the ball hits the bowling marker. also these are some tips for different balls

FOR RIGHT HANDED BATSMEN

Yorker = Leg glance S+right
Good length outside off =Cover Drive S+left+down
Good length on stumps =Stright drive S+down
Good length leg stump =Sweep S+up+right
Short offside =Glide W+up+left
Short offside =Cut W+left
Short straight =Glance W+right
Short straight =Pull W+right+up

if you use the six hit button i would advise to use it for shots either
over mid on
slog sweep
pull
and cover (if theres no fielder on boundary as this is usually 4)

lol, that was a long post, lots of Reps please :D
Very good post there :hpraise
I have given you rep points because of your post not the length of the post

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
If I hit a six button, I always intend hit it in the long on area. If you try to hit a six over the covers, the batsman has to move, which can result in a bad timing and no run. Or it can give the opposite team an edge to fielder.

Another tip. When there is a bowler spinning to you and bowls short, I try to hit W + right (from righthanded batsmen). The ball will roll to the fine leg area for four.

And the short pitched ball from the fast bowlers are very difficult to play. But the cut is very effective, if timed to perfection. The other short pitched could hit your head, if you time bad.

Monty

Club Cricketer
bowling tips
pick a medium pacer and line the ball up with the umpires left shoulder pitch it short with no pace usually gets them out

aedt0000

School Cricketer
ok..
for one dayers...you can try these shots to get runs (press SHIFT for 6 hit)
down+s (straight or over extra cover)
right+s (over mid-wicket)
right+down+s (over mid on)
up+right+s (slog sweep)
down+right+s (over covers)

try these shots only on half volleys or overpitched balls. the shorter the ball gets, the riskier the shots get.

always watch the fielders...if there is a long off and log on..dont try this till ur batsmam is fully set.

for a short of good length bowl...try the right+w to get a cut...if u time it well it will go for 4...also the backfoot cover drive shuld get u some runs if u time it well..

the trick is the timing...try to play the ball as soon as its about to pitch..it usually helps..

practice in a match..the nets confuse u even more..best option is to play a test match and get the hang of batting...try blockin by pressin only s or w...saves time rather than pressing up and then pressing w or s

be very very patient...try to enjoy it...if u r getting bored or frustrated...trust me dont play any further till you are in the mood again...youll enjoy then!!

ps: this is the best cricket game in the market...at least its realistic...in BLIC you can flick Harmison over fine-leg or cut him over third man for 6...i dont think so...

for bowling tips...

try the straight delivery around off stump on good length...it usually moves on its own when the ball is new...
outswingers on off stump...the pointer should show the bowl as hitting the top of off stump or missing it...

dont bowl to many yorkers as the batsman flick it down to fine leg...its a definite single..
watch your fielders...the batsmen usually play alot of balls in the air..

use a spinner as an attacking option...a short fine leg and the ball spinning away usually leads to catches...tooo full and he will sweep you down to fine leg...mix and match the line and length till you get an idea where the batsman is hitting directly to fielders...
full bowls (not yorkers) also get wickets regularly for spinners...

again...be very very patient...

kymsheba

Club Cricketer
aedt0000 said:
ok..
for one dayers...you can try these shots to get runs (press SHIFT for 6 hit)
down+s (straight or over extra cover)
right+s (over mid-wicket)
right+down+s (over mid on)
up+right+s (slog sweep)
down+right+s (over covers)

try these shots only on half volleys or overpitched balls. the shorter the ball gets, the riskier the shots get.

always watch the fielders...if there is a long off and log on..dont try this till ur batsmam is fully set.

for a short of good length bowl...try the right+w to get a cut...if u time it well it will go for 4...also the backfoot cover drive shuld get u some runs if u time it well..

the trick is the timing...try to play the ball as soon as its about to pitch..it usually helps..

practice in a match..the nets confuse u even more..best option is to play a test match and get the hang of batting...try blockin by pressin only s or w...saves time rather than pressing up and then pressing w or s

be very very patient...try to enjoy it...if u r getting bored or frustrated...trust me dont play any further till you are in the mood again...youll enjoy then!!

ps: this is the best cricket game in the market...at least its realistic...in BLIC you can flick Harmison over fine-leg or cut him over third man for 6...i dont think so...

for bowling tips...

try the straight delivery around off stump on good length...it usually moves on its own when the ball is new...
outswingers on off stump...the pointer should show the bowl as hitting the top of off stump or missing it...

dont bowl to many yorkers as the batsman flick it down to fine leg...its a definite single..
watch your fielders...the batsmen usually play alot of balls in the air..

use a spinner as an attacking option...a short fine leg and the ball spinning away usually leads to catches...tooo full and he will sweep you down to fine leg...mix and match the line and length till you get an idea where the batsman is hitting directly to fielders...
full bowls (not yorkers) also get wickets regularly for spinners...

again...be very very patient...
very good tips mate :)

Cowburn199

International Coach
Try doing a play now match and one match play defensive and not any big hits and see how many runs you get..then do another one all aggressive and see how many runs you get then..this well help you decide what tactic you want to play

dazzler_69

School Cricketer
top stuff mate, cheers for taking the time and effort to help us usless people *well me aneways*

Cowburn199

International Coach
dazzler_69 said:
top stuff mate, cheers for taking the time and effort to help us usless people *well me aneways*
:cheers Yeah thanks to everyone who has posted there tips :cheers

scousepig

School Cricketer
Cowburn199 said:
I have created a topic were we can all share our batting tips..
I will start off..
From the menu go onto play now..Be australia against USA..
Pick whatever stadium and your conditions..but pick unlimitied overs 5 days..
Now i recommend when bowling to autoplay as they will all be out for around 30-50 runs.
And when you are batting focus and keep trying new shots..as USA are the lowest rated team on the game it is good practice..then move to higher teams and you should be batting like a pro in no time :happy :happy

I thought you were meant to be giving tips?

Users who are viewing this thread