>>>People who are finding it hard to bat look here for tips<<<

aswell as timing etc and being able to hit good shots a big factor is also trying to 'build an innings'

in the beginning of your innings play safe shots ie straight drives glances and glides to short balls and then build up your repotoire of shots and possibly even bring in the six hit button.

Possibly Risky shots

Leg glance on pitched up ball = usually a ssafe shot but at the beginning of innings can sometimes loop to square leg and be caught.

Cover drive = make sure there is enough room as you dont want to miss it and be bowled

Pull = can fly to square leg

Back foor cover drive = VERY RISKY. alot of edges personnaly. doesnt get runs either so i d avoid playing it.

six hit= unless you have alot of confidence and theres a fielder on the rope its just stupid really

maxwasim said:
hey somerset_rule
ur tips sound good but the bowlers give little opportunity to play all the shots

yeh i agree its not frequent but they do every now and again. i would also advise to take A LEG STUMP GUARD.

good thread by the way Cowburn199

hmm.....

jus pld 15 overs as Eng vs the USA, didnt hit a single ball out of the infield

using tutsi's patch aswell

bowling was ok, 50 overs hard pitch 233/9 USA we're

but i cant bat for toffee :(

buccy said:
hmm.....

jus pld 15 overs as Eng vs the USA, didnt hit a single ball out of the infield

using tutsi's patch aswell

bowling was ok, 50 overs hard pitch 233/9 USA we're

but i cant bat for toffee :(
How bout a cookie :happy

i wish

things have improved now im using more of a leg stump guard

but yorkers seem to be my issue, the leg glance, even if timed when it bounces, gets me lbw

finally hitting a few boundaries aswell, but any suggestions other than forward defense for yorkers ??

ok, beginning to understand the value of patience now

put it back on easy to get going (yes im that bad at batting :P )

bowled canada out for 63 on a green overcast wicket

after losing some early wickets due to "experimenting" (the d button is highly risky) started to knock some fours and sixes about, top score 40 no as i won the match.

lastly a question, whats the main difference between medium and easy difficulty ??

Thanks for the tips it really helped alot

buccy said:
ok, beginning to understand the value of patience now

put it back on easy to get going (yes im that bad at batting :P )

bowled canada out for 63 on a green overcast wicket

after losing some early wickets due to "experimenting" (the d button is highly risky) started to knock some fours and sixes about, top score 40 no as i won the match.

lastly a question, whats the main difference between medium and easy difficulty ??
I think the difference is in easy mode computer decides to play front foot or back foot shot but in normal the player decided when to play fron or back foot

ashu2411 said:
Thanks for the tips it really helped alot

I think the difference is in easy mode computer decides to play front foot or back foot shot but in normal the player decided when to play fron or back foot
I play on hard but i also believe that on easy after the ball marker is placed you can move the batsman..
On hard you cannot and i think on medium you cant :onpc

why would u want to move him, surely with the usual leg stump guard the only thing u have to avoid is the ball pitched outside the off stump, which can usually be left alone, if close enough u can just drive it away thro mid on ??

I've had reasonable success with sweeping and scoring boundaries on the leg-side. I've also been able to hit over midwicket for runs. But the one thing I haven't been able to do at all is drive straight. It seems I can't get much power into the hits (without using the six-hit button) when I try to return towards the bowler.

Always playing bowlers on the leg-side seems kinda cheap to me. Any suggestions?

Here are some tips for people using Tutsi's Version 2.0 Patch:

- Be extremely careful when playing the front foot leg glance. It is very easy to mistime it, and playing it even a bit early will result in a catch to Square Leg.
- Don't use the straight drive for balls that are heading towards the stumps , as the batsman plays these deliveries with a huge gap between the bat and pad - you can easily be bowled.
- Use the on drive for deliveries on the stumps, it is much more safer than the straight drive.
- Use the Sweep ONLY, and I mean ONLY, when the ball is on middle or leg stump. Don't even think of sweeping a ball that is on off - stump, or one that is a tad short. It is very easy to edge the ball with the Sweep.
- The Slog Sweep, on the other hand, can be very useful if the batsman is high on confidence and if there isn't a fine leg.

I'll post a few more tips tomorrow. Note - The above tips are for Tutsi's patch. Eddie's patch or the original AI might be a bit different, so they might not work for those.

Thanks for the tips so far guys.

1 question I have is about batting with left-handers. I seem to have difficulty scoring with the lefties (As I play as Windies this is a real problem). So far I've managed 2 ducks with lara and chanderpaul's highest score is 2. Gayles highest is 1 and yet with Sarwan I can play some lovely shots (including on-drives to the boundary).

So any specific tips for lefties? Or am I just plain rubbish? BTW I'm using tutsi's 2.0 patch

Last edited:
tux78 said:
Thanks for the tips so far guys.

1 question I have is about batting with left-handers. I seem to have difficulty scoring with the lefties (As I play as Windies this is a real problem). So far I've managed 2 ducks with lara and chanderpaul's highest score is 2. Gayles highest is 1 and yet with Sarwan I can play some lovely shots (including on-drives to the boundary).

So any specific tips for lefties? Or am I just plain rubbish? BTW I'm using tutsi's 2.0 patch

you sound like your having as much trouble as i am :(

seriously need some advice for yorkers other than forward defense

getting to the point no matter who i play, on easy, im getting 3/4 yorkers every over, cos they kno all im gonna play is forward defense :(

also, how come on the balls i do hit go straight to fielders, but when cpu does it it goes inbetween my covers :(

buccy said:
seriously need some advice for yorkers other than forward defense

getting to the point no matter who i play, on easy, im getting 3/4 yorkers every over, cos they kno all im gonna play is forward defense :(

also, how come on the balls i do hit go straight to fielders, but when cpu does it it goes inbetween my covers :(
Use the advance shot towards mid-on. It is risk-free, and you can get runs. Time it just before the ball leaves the bowler's hands.

Users who are viewing this thread