IPL Pepsi IPL UAE/INDIA 2014 Discussion {Play-Offs}

What had been the best of IPL 2014?

• Total voters
Dhoni is intelligent enough to decide which bowler to smash. CSK is lucky to have a captain who mixes his power with his brain, pretty well.

Not the right reply. Dhoni struggled against Narine. More so when the likes of Raina and Jadeja smashed Narine for sixes. Dhoni takes things to the very end because his strength is to remain cool/calm under pressure and pull off the chase. But when it comes to batting first and setting targets, he doesn't know what target to set, and so in such situations, his impact is reduced greatly.

I still am worried that CSK might lose the top two spot. I want us to have 2 shots at the final. We have a game vs SRH (who are aiming for Top Four) and one vs RCB in Bangalore (RCB is also aiming for Top four). Need to try and win both these games to ensure top two spot. Probably one more victory might ensure us that. But losing both the remaining ones will put us in a major spot as RR and KKR are just two points away.

Last edited:
Problem for KKR fans is that they are not made to hear or receive any wrong thoughts(in their understanding) about their side and the same case for the CSK fans.(Quite obvious fact as a fan, I should say) But some are doing things, none of their business. Trying to catch up crowd's attention, but not getting.:facepalm Use that energy to remove your bounder instead.

----------

Good match anyway. Utthappa should be given a chance to play for national side in up-coming tournaments. He deserves.:)

:facepalm You didn't get it man

Last edited:
The moment the ball started swinging Dwayne Smith's technique got exposed

:facepalm You didn't get it man

Don't know what that mean since my post or my point wasn't for you. You were representing your side and that isn't an issue to dislike and not even near to my point. It was for them who were taking that incident as an opportunity and were making pointless, totally idiotic and way too unfamiliar statements to the topics. That what I called bounder. If you feel you are that person then I can't help you, sorry.

I feel motivation might be a problem for CSK. They are going to play against SRH and RCB , two teams trying to enter the playoff spots.

----------

I agree with Chait , Robin should be given a chance during the Bangladesh series. He is looking in imperious touch. But here is where a problem lies :- What if Robin scored 3 consecutive centuries? He plays best as an opener and if he performs well in the Bangladesh series , how can you drop him? Shikhar and Rohit are virtually undroppable. Ik many wont be able to see sense in my argument , but where will he fit in the England tour if he plays well against Bangladesh? India already has Puj , Rahane and Vijay as ODI backups.

I agree with Chait , Robin should be given a chance during the Bangladesh series. He is looking in imperious touch. But here is where a problem lies :- What if Robin scored 3 consecutive centuries? He plays best as an opener and if he performs well in the Bangladesh series , how can you drop him? Shikhar and Rohit are virtually undroppable. Ik many wont be able to see sense in my argument , but where will he fit in the England tour if he plays well against Bangladesh? India already has Puj , Rahane and Vijay as ODI backups.

Utthappa should open with Dhawan. Actually Rohit is middle-order batsman and he plays on the opening spot because he was a fruitful outcome of a risky experiment during January 2013. Dhoni wasn't settled with too many opening pairs in ODIs in 2012. Rohit can perform and he will perform better than now in at 4. But before, Utthappa must do well if given an opportunity to play for national side, hence one more experiment.

Utthappa should open with Dhawan. Actually Rohit is middle-order batsman and he plays on the opening spot because he was a fruitful outcome of a risky experiment during January 2013. Dhoni wasn't settled with too many opening pairs in ODIs in 2012. Rohit can perform and he will perform better than now in at 4. But before, Uthappa must do well if given an opportunity to play for national side, hence one more experiment.
T20 especially IPL should never be a yard stick to bring people in to the national team, if thats the case first person to get a look into should be yuvi or gauti.

Its good that Uthappa has struck form, but he should get going in FC and list A matches, make a strong case for himself then only should he be considered, this should apply for any player , no player should be taken into the team based on IPL.

----------

If anybody should be tried for Odi's its pujara, esp with overseas tours around the corner.

T20 especially IPL should never be a yard stick to bring people in to the national team, if thats the case first person to get a look into should be yuvi or gauti.

Its good that Uthappa has struck form, but he should get going in FC and list A matches, make a strong case for himself then only should he be considered, this should apply for any player , no player should be taken into the team based on IPL.

----------

If anybody should be tried for Odi's its pujara, esp with overseas tours around the corner.

One word to describe Robin's Vijay Hazare trophy form : Sensational.

----------

It is interesting to see no one mentions Jaggi when it comes to NT selection. He was very good in the VH trophy as well.

seems he was good in vijay hazare for a bit, his performances are a mixed bag either good or bad, like NZ A and Vijay hazare are good but other like WI A mushtaq ali tournament are bad.

pujara averages 67 this season in just list A alone, and his consistency when on song is terrific to not be considered in odi's before others.
who is jaggi?

Last edited:
I feel motivation might be a problem for CSK. They are going to play against SRH and RCB , two teams trying to enter the playoff spots.

----------

Are you sure your head is right? Dhawan has played well for a few matches doesn't make him undroppable. And I must say Vijay is in great form:lol.

Vijay always has this knack of performing in the biggest matches. Was he in good form before he scored back-to-back centuries against Australia? No. IMHO, you should never drop someone from the NT if they dont play well in domestic t20s.

Last edited:
T20 especially IPL should never be a yard stick to bring people in to the national team

Utthy had a very good domestic season in first class (Ranaji) and List-A (Vijay Hazare??) competitions and he could continue his good form in a TT competition as well. Overall a fantastic season where he dominated his respective team in respective formats. Someone's consistency in all three formats in a same season/year should be considerable to pick that player for national side. That what I expect from newly modified BCCI.

Users who are viewing this thread