Personalise your Memory Stick (Sort of)

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all, my friend showed me a neat way how to change the icon of you memory stick, so that wen you plug it in to any PC, it come's up with a picture of your choice instead of the standard icon.

It would look like this (In my case a BCCI Logo, but it can be anything);

bloop.png

I've attatched a Rar file. All you have to do is get the Autorun file and place it in the front of you memory stick (When the click on your memory stick for the time). Then you get your ICON file and place it there too.

NOTE: Make sure it is a ICO file too, the option to save an image file as an ICO in Photoshop can be found here (The plugin)

Make sure the image you choose to make as an Icon in Photoshop is relatively small (I.e, 100px100px), otherwise it may not work.

Enjoy.

N.B, Edit the Autorun file as neccesary when you chane you icon, It's pretty self-explanatory.

Attachments

• Autorun & Icons.rar
    79.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Not that interested in icons for memory sticks, but thanks for the photoshop plug-in!

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
If you haven't got photoshop, then your best chance is to use an online converter, like the one you have posted.

I've uploaded a ZIP version of it now for those people having problems with RAR files.

There's a BCCI icon, an Xbox 360 icon and a Wii Icon.

If you need/want a picture in a ICO file, then just ask.

If you want to remove the icon and make your memory sticks icon blank, the simply remove both the Autorun and the icon file from it.

Attachments

• Autorun & Icons.zip
    96.4 KB · Views: 1

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I've also attached a ZIP file which has the Pakistan, Australia, Windies and England cricket logos.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    34.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread