Pics

Sanju

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No point translating in english, as in hindi it gives us a ethinic and classic look.But when translating in english u cant get that ryhems in it.But if u still wish to just understand the meaning i wiil give it.

R

rasi

I didn't want you to translate the entire script. I just want an overview.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
I do actually have a couple of songs sung in Punjabi, both by the English band Cornershop and both worth checking out.

One is called Spectral Mornings and the other is a version of the Beatles song Norwegian Wood (obviously the original is sung in English) sung in Punjabi, which is kind of strange as the Beatles version was the first "Western" song ever to use Indian instruments.... bringing things full circle.

They're both very good songs, it's a very musical language....

And by the way I know that was in Hindi :D

Sanju

Club Cricketer
Er...Okay now dont tell me u dont know sher-o-shairi anyway its kind of hindi poems kind of u can say.Which r mostly romantic type.But this which i have pasted r funny kinds.Maybe some other mother tongue hindi would love it.Any way my mother tongue is hindi or urdu both mixture.I know quite a bit of telgu but not tamil.

Sanju

Club Cricketer
Yeah punjabi songs dominate quite a lot in music.But hindi songs r also worth listening.

Many hindi songs r copied from english songs.

ex.1-Last Christmas-Dil mera churaya khun
ex-2-Everyboby(bsb)-O humdum Soniyowae (doesnt quite match but resemble quite a lot.
ex-3-I just called u to say that i love u-Maine Pyar kiya

And many others..........

R

rasi

And there are many copied from tamil as well, especially after A.R.Rahman's entry into the Tamil cine industry.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
The Beatles also had a song called "The Inner Light" that was translated from a (very) old Indian poem, not sure which language the original was in though, could actually be one that isn't used anymore :D

R

rasi

Guys, do you know that Tamil (my mother tongue) is considered to be the oldest language? It is supposed to have existed in times when Asia, Africa and Australia were together. :o

There are actually many evidences to prove that. I've got them in a tamil book right now. Anyway, here's one. The tamil God Lord Muruga is still worshipped by people in Africa and the Aborigines. Their Gods have similar names and have the same characteristics as Lord Muruga. The Africans call Him "Murugu" and the Aborigines call Him "Mourug". Interesting.

R

rasi

Insha, do you live in Secunderabad? I just wanted to know, because we have a family from Secunderabad staying upstairs. It seems they live in a colony near Harsha Bhogle's house.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
The early humans from Africa that colonised Southern Asia were the same humans that eventually colonised Australia, so it could go back right tio the beginning of humanity.

R

rasi

That's right Andrew. Historians say that it is the first civilization known to man. It also says that a huge chunk of land broke off from the early continents and it split up into three more parts. One was Australia, the other the Indian Sub-continent and another one was to join again with Africa. Carvings say that the people lived together until when the sea came into the land and the people had to split into three groups. Interestingly, such carvings are found in Sri Lanka, Australia and in many places in Africa.

I

imported_graham

yes it is very interesting but its very confusing 4 me :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread