Most Helpful Member @RUDI / @Na Maloom Afraad
Best Cricket Discussion Poster @wasteyouryouth / @Bevab
Most Improved Member @Till Valhalla
Best Download Maker @wasteyouryouth
Best Thread Starter @wasteyouryouth
Best Avatar @wasteyouryouth
The underappreciated member @RUDI / @Verified Enigma
The Innovator @asprin / @ShamiLoverGlipGlops
Planet Cricket Ambassador of the year @wasteyouryouth / @Na Maloom Afraad / @CerealKiller
Best presenter in the league section @Pinch hitter
Best comeback member @Dutch
Best Draft @Neptune

Best Thread
Most Engaging Thread (non-cricket) - Happy birthday thread
Best Cricket Game - Cricket 19
Best League - WCC by @World Cricket Conference
Updated. Seeing that we can nominate several members in a category.

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also guys I am eligible for Rookie of the Year right? My account was rejected when I made it and technically verified only 2 months ago

noducksallowed

Club Captain
Individual - nominations

Men's Cricketer of the Year - Vyyrat Kholi :ind:
Best Captain of the year (Men) - Pattrick Cummins :aus:
Men's ODI Player of the Year - Vyyrat Kholi :ind:
Men's T20I Player of the Year - SKY :ind:

Team - nominations

Best International Side (Men/Women) - Australia :aus:
Best Test Side - England :eng:
Best ODI Side - India :ind:
Best T20I Side - India :ind:
Best Associate Side (Men/Women) - Netherlands :ned:

Member/Forum Awards

Best Post Contributor - @noducksallowed
Veteran Member (> 5 years on the site) - @Bigby Wolf
Rookie of the Year (< 18 months on the site) - @Bigby Wolf
Funniest Member - @noducksallowed
Most Helpful Member - @scoodledoodle
Best Cricket Discussion Poster - @Bevab
Best Download Maker - @AJ MODS (C22 playfaces)
Best Avatar @ShamiLoverGlipGlops

Best Thread - The One which I got banned.

The following categories are also included, but all eligible members are already nominated:

Best Admin - @RUDI
Best Staff Member - @CerealKiller also @Na Maloom Afraad :D

Notable mentions - the one and only , the GOAT of the whole forum @wasteyouryouth

On a serious note , I just remember Nilay Shah who passed away earlier this year. We miss you man R.I.P brother PC will always remember you.

Thanks man! I'm pretty new here and this is great.

I'll post m y own nominations in the next few days.

noducksallowed

Club Captain
Individual - nominations

Men's Cricketer of the Year - Mitchell Starc :aus:
3 wickets in the CWC semi-final and then a repeat, in hostile conditions in the final. Not quite at the peak of his powers but repeatedly throughout the tournament he found his pace and his reverse, reminding us all of his 2015 form. All time great and clearly deserving of this accolade.

Best Captain of the year (Men) - Patt Cummins :aus:
Well duh....world test championship and CWC. Nuff said!

Men's ODI Player of the Year - Mohammad Shami :ind:
Coming into the tournament, when India refused to pick him from the very beginning, he was simply the best bowler in the team.

Men's T20I Player of the Year - Not enough cricket to justify this....so the winner is NA.

Team - nominations

Best International Side (Men/Women) - Australia :aus:
Best Test Side - Australia :aus:
Best ODI Side - Australia :aus:
Best T20I Side - the winner yet again...NA
Best Associate Side (Men/Women) - Netherlands :ned:

Sorry forum, not enough Indians on there. Oh well...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
And I almost thought we weren't having the awards this year!

Individual - nominations

Men's Cricketer of the Year: M Shami
Women's Cricketer of the Year: Laura Wolvaart
Best Captain of the year (Men/Women): Rohit Sharma / Scott Edwards
Men's Test Player of the Year: U Khawaja
Men's ODI Player of the Year: S Gill
Men's T20I Player of the Year: H Klaasen
Men's Emerging Player of the Year: Rachin Ravindra/ Dilshan Madushanka/ Abdullah Shafique

T20 League player of the year (Men/Women): SKY
Most Improved Cricketer (Men/Women): Temba Bavuma/ Shreyas Iyer
Associate Player of the Year (Men/Women): Bas de Leede

Umpire of the Year (Men/Women): Richard Kettleborough
Spirit of Cricket Award: Pakistan, for coming to the World Cup
Best Cricket Moment: Shami on song during the World Cup
Worst Cricket Moment: Change of the pitch for the CWC Final/Booing the Aussies after winning the World Cup
Best Commentator (Men/Women): Ricky Ponting

Team - nominations

Best International Side (Men/Women): South Africa
Best Test Side: Australia
Best ODI Side: India
Best T20I Side: Pakistan
Best Women's ODI Side : Australia
Best Women's T20I Side : Australia
Best Associate Side (Men/Women) : Netherlands

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Member/Forum Awards

Best Post Contributor : @Bevab
Veteran Member (> 5 years on the site)
Rookie of the Year (< 18 months on the site) : @pillowprocter / @noducksallowed
Most Helpful Member : @RUDI
The underappreciated member: @Paranoid Kendroid
The Innovator: @asprin

Best Thread: Cricket World Cup 2023

Lastly ,not an award, but I do hope we recognize our friend Nilay. While, this might have been done by various members personally, let's use the Annual Awards ceremony to honour his legacy!

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Cricket Awards
Worst Cricket Moment - Silencing 100k crowd in Narendra Modi Stadium (ICT Fan POV)
Best Cricket Moment - Silencing 100k crowd in Narendra Modi Stadium (Rest of the World POV)

Member/Forum Awards
Best Post Contributor - @Bevab
Veteran Member (> 5 years on the site) - @CerealKiller
Rookie of the Year (< 18 months on the site) - @pillowprocter
Funniest Member - @Till Valhalla
Most Helpful Member - @RUDI / @Manish.
Best Cricket Discussion Poster - @Bigby Wolf
Most Improved Member - @Aravind. / @ahmedleo414
Best Thread Starter - @pillowprocter / @icyman
Best Avatar - @wasteyouryouth / @Verified Enigma (will break all the rules here :spying:)
The underappreciated member - @mohsin7827 / @A.P Haux
The Innovator - @ShamiLoverGlipGlops for his Street Cricket simulator <3
Planet Cricket Ambassador of the year - @CerealKiller / @Na Maloom Afraad
Best presenter in the league section - @Paranoid Kendroid
Best comeback member - @Viper.
Best Draft - Best of the Rest in ODIs - The 2000s by @Verified Enigma

Best Thread - 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India by @Na Maloom Afraad
Most Engaging Thread (non-cricket) - Random Thoughts by @MattW
Best League - the One and Only @World Cricket Conference / @Na Maloom Afraad

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
As always, I'll try to nominate the players who haven't been included yet and deserve a mention.

Individual - nominations

Men's Test Player of the Year - :eng: :ar: Joe Root (787 runs @ 65.58 with a SR of 76.33 | 8 wickets @ 35.62 with an ER of 3.51)

If I had a nickel for every time Root was left stranded whilst hitting the red cherry like a beach ball by his captain's premature declarations, I'd have two nickels. Which is not a lot, but it's weird that it's happened twice. Seven of his eight wickets were also of a top seven batter (including half centurions and a centurion) and the only one that wasn't was Cummins who scored 36 on that day. Despite all the talk of how Bazball has ruined his traditional style of cricket... he ended up being the third highest run-scorer in the Ashes.

Men's ODI Player of the Year - :nz: :ar: Daryl Mitchell (1204 runs @ 52.34 with a SR of 100.24 | 9 wickets @ 22.66 with an ER of 6.27)

His bowling wasn't really much of a thing by the WC time (only bowled nine deliveries in the entire tournament) due to the makeup of the NZ team (and he didn't bowl much before that either) but it was still effective enough when called upon. It was with the bat that he really shined though, stepping up to fill the Kane shaped hole whenever required despite his average ODI record prior to this year. Ended up as the fifth highest run scorer of the World Cup.

Men's T20I Player of the Year - :nz: :bat: Mark Chapman (576 runs @ 44.30 with a SR of 141.87)

He forced himself into the ODI squad for the Pakistani tour on the back of his T20I performances after years of neglect and those lived in memory long enough to make his case for inclusion at the WC ahead of other contenders even if he wasn't quite as good in the other format and had lost the ability to act as the sixth bowler. In a nutshell, he's had an eerily similar arc to SKY and since the latter already appears to be a favourite nomination... why not show some love for the Kiwi variant? :spy

Women's Test Cricketer of the Year - :ind: :ar: Deepti Sharma (165 runs @ 55 with a SR of 54.63 | 11 wickets @ 10.81 (!!) with an ER of 2.18)

Despite the paucity of women's tests (there were only three of them this year), what Deepti's done is simply remarkable. She took her side on two separate occasions from a decent position to a commanding one with the bat (left the team in a position better by hundred runs compared to when she walked in). With the ball she wrapped up England's session in the span of ten overs to effectively end the game right there in the first innings and was a very effective support bowler in the Australian test. She ends up seventh on the top run scorers list, third on the most wickets list and has the best average and economy with the ball by a clear margin. Quite criminal that there's barely any talk of such an outstanding performance in Indian cricket circles.

Women's ODI Cricketer of the Year - :eng: :ar: Nat-Sciver Brunt (393 runs @ 131 (!) with a SR of 107.37 | 3 wickets @ 38.66 with an ER of 4.83)

She has the most number of ODI centuries (three) despite batting only half the times compared to other contenders. Given that one of those innings was only for three deliveries before her side won it seems fair to say that a record of three centuries from four innings is something special, culminating in her being the top run-scorer in the ODI leg of the Ashes by a significant margin. Her bowling was only used in the Ashes and it was utilitarian there without being too detrimental.

Women's T20I Cricketer of the Year - :sri::ar: Chamari Athapattu (470 runs @ 31.33 with a SR of 130.91 | 8 wickets @ 26.62 with an ER of 5.97)

This will have to serve as my nomination for the T20 league player of the year in the women's category too. But even without that factoring in... Chamari's achievements in international T20s are outstanding enough. With only the support of Harshitha, Silva and Madavi to count on for consistency... she still ended up playing multiple crucial knocks to keep the team's hopes alive in games they had no business being in with highlights including two blistering fifties, one each against NZ and England. The series against the latter ended up with her being the player of the series. Her bowling efforts were not as outstanding as the batting efforts but they still play a part in her nomination.

T20 League player of the year (Men/Women) - :eng: :bat: James Vince (1279 runs @ 44.10 at a SR of 151.72)

If there's one thing you can count on, it's Vince turning up every year for the Sixers during the holidays, consistently churning out runs for them (in this instance he averages 40 and strikes at 140 in 2023 across the fractured ends of the current and last season) while leading his English club sides in Hampshire and the Southern Brave. He ended up being the leading run-scorer in the Blast for the former and was handy enough for the latter, leading both of them to the knockout stages. The other reliable thing about Vince is him turning up in the PSL for some team despite his previous mediocre record. No harm was done this time around though as he failed to cross the twenty run mark only once on five occasions. For good measure, he would also throw in a surprise and lead the Gulf Giants to a maiden ILT20 title while being the league's second highest run-scorer (which for some reason isn't counted in the official T20 stats despite the league having it's own smart stats section on Cricinfo).

Most Improved Cricketer (Men/Women) - :wi: :wkb: Shai Hope (ODIs - 824 runs @ 68.66 with a SR of 100.73 || T20Is - 189 runs @ 37.80 with a SR of 130.34)

If you had told me that the guy who was averaging below twenty and striking in the low 120s in T20Is and was a very good but slightly limited batter in ODIs who never had a calendar year where he struck over eighty whilst batting as an opener would not only change his position, role and playing style in two different formats but also acquire captaincy in one of them and not look out of place in said role... I would have stared in disbelief. And yet, that's what Hope has done as he's reinvented himself in a different role with different demands in two separate formats and also managed to juggle captaincy at the same time. The best part is that he's not only done what's been asked of him but he has thrived in a manner that he did not before as the rest of the team floundered around him. And just because this wasn't already cool enough, he's scored enough runs to top the charts in the CPL as his side won the title. This version of Hope deserves inclusion in a West Indian ATG XI if he maintains this trajectory.

Associate Player of the Year (Men/Women) - :sco: :ar: Brandon McMullen (ODIs - 421 runs @ 42.10 with a SR of 85.22 | 16 wickets @ 22.87 with an ER of 4.51 || T20Is - 212 runs @ 42.40 with a SR of 154.74)

There may have been better performers in the Associate cricket scene like Bas de Leede, Waseem or any of the Ugandan miracle men but few managed to make an impression like McMullen did at the qualifiers. Highlights of his year include two complete performances with bat and ball to take down Oman and West Indies, a century against Netherlands in an ultimately losing cause, a five wicket haul against Ireland in the global qualifiers and two power packed fifties in the European qualifiers for the T20 WC in 2024. His tale is one worth reliving every now and then.

Umpire of the Year (Men/Women) - Joel Wilson

It takes a special kind of skill to be consistently wrong on nearly every occasion possible and Wilson's managed to do that. Long may his reign of terror endure.

Spirit of Cricket Award - Can't think of any at the moment.
Best Cricket Moment - :uga: Uganda qualifying for their first ever World Cup.
Worst Cricket Moment - :aus: Alex Carey facing all sorts of scrutiny after effecting a completely legal dismissal from the crowd, ex-players and opponents themselves.
Best Commentator (Men/Women) - Aaron Finch

An amazing addition to the commentary scene and one that is direly needed. Here's to hoping that more recently retired players are as insightful and pleasant to hear as he is.

Men's Cricketer of the Year - :aus: :bat: Mitch Marsh (Tests - 540 runs @ 67.50 with a SR of 73.07 || ODIs - 858 runs @ 47.66 with a SR of 113.94 || T20Is - 186 everywhere)

If you had told me that Australia would go back to their prodigal son after losing faith in Cameron 'baby Kallis' Green I would have refused to believe it... and yet they not only did that but the man performed so well that he's kept Green out of the test side on merit ever since. It feels generous to call him an all-rounder when he's got less wickets than Root and Mitchell even when factoring in all three formats but his batting alone gives him a spot here. An Ashes century of near excellence was followed up with a remarkable display of aggression and grit in two innings to save Australia from losing a test (and as it would ultimately prove to be, the series) and he followed it up by cashing in against Pakistan at home in a new display of positive intent. His position was less fixed in ODIs as he shuttled between the opening role and a number three spot depending on the availability of others but his primary objective was the same; to go out there and score as quickly as possible, hitting hard against pace in particular. He led the team in three T20Is, wrapping two of them up with two destructive fifties and routing the Proteas side.

Women's Cricketer of the Year - :sri: :ar: Chamari Athapattu (ODIs - 415 runs @ 69.16 with a SR of 125.37 || T20Is - 470 runs @ 31.33 with a SR of 130.91 | 8 wickets @ 26.62 with an ER of 5.97)

I've already written plenty about her in the T20I section but those weren't her only achievements; she would lead her side to an ODI series win over the highly fancied Kiwis with two centuries and end up winning Player of the Tournament in the WBBL after being signed on as an overseas replacement, a sign of what the leagues that keep shunning her are missing. A world class cricketer in every aspect and one Sri Lanka is lucky to have.

Team - nominations

Best International Side (Men/Women) - :aus: Australia (Yes)

Yes.

Best Test Side - :aus: Australia

Managed to retain the Ashes, came within a whisker of becoming the first side in over a decade to win a series in India and won the WTC as well if that counts. They've not quite managed to win as convincingly against Pakistan as you would have expected them to and not managing to finally get a series win in England does hurt but it's still better than failing to win a series against your arch rivals on home soil alongside failing to win against a weakened NZ side.

Best ODI Side - :aus: Australia

Won the WC which counts a lot towards this. You could argue that they didn't really get going until the very end and that they had a pretty weak September but they also were victorious in this March against India which should show that the WC win wasn't a one-off.

Best T20I Side - :wi: West Indies | :ban: Bangladesh

West Indies have played three T20I series this year... all against big teams in South Africa, England and India and have won all of them. The Tigers have meanwhile defeated England, Ireland, Afghanistan and managed to draw the series against NZ. They've also come away with a third placed finish at the Asian Games. Quite impressive achievements and given the volatile nature of T20I series due to constant rotation I'd say it's fair to give this one to the both of them.

Best Women's ODI Side - :eng: England

Managed to win the ODI leg of the Ashes and also won convincingly against a Sri Lankan side that had earlier won against New Zealand.

Best Women's T20I Side - :aus: Australia

Won the WC which gives them leeway to lose the T20I leg of the Ashes and also a game against West Indies. They're still the benchmark for every women's side out there competing although the gap is closing every year.

Best Associate Side (Men/Women) - :tha: Thailand Women

For continuing to perform impressively and being the trailblazer side in contrast to most other nations where the men's side is usually the more successful one.

Will edit the rest in tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
Best Captain of the year (Men/Women) - :aus: :bwl: Pat Cummins

As much as I dislike their inability to adapt to any form of adversity presented other than to bowl short and hope Cummins comes up with the magic ball in tests, his captaincy has been the best in this year overall when you consider the WC final. Wanted to nominate Shanto here but it feels a bit too premature so it will be Pat.

Men's Emerging Player of the Year - :ban: :bwl: Shoriful Islam

Hope he is still eligible as despite making his debut in 2021, this has been the year where he has truly shone in all three formats with consistency. Has all the right ingredients to be the best pacer in Bangladeshi history if he keeps performing like this.

Member/Forum Awards

Best Post Contributor - @Viper. (for the enthusiastic posts filled with effort and detail in the cricket discussion side) | @ahmedleo414 (for his lovely movie reviews)
Veteran Member (> 5 years on the site) - @SaiSrini | @icyman (for being the oldest members here that are still active when most others have moved on)
Rookie of the Year (< 18 months on the site) - @pillowprocter (great addition to the forum and one I hope that sticks around) | @Bigby Wolf (ditto :spy)
Funniest Member - @Till Valhalla | @A.P Haux (For a healthy dose of skepticism, self-depreciating jokes and being always reliable for creating a laugh)
Most Helpful Member - @Na Maloom Afraad
Best Cricket Discussion Poster - @wasteyouryouth | @Aislabie
Most Improved Member - @Aravind. | @CerealKiller
Best Download Maker - @Slug1793 (for his well made C24 teams that hit my nostalgia notes perfectly)
Best Thread Starter - @Na Maloom Afraad (for this one)
Best Avatar - @wasteyouryouth (since @Aravind. removed his Kohli avatar :mad)
The underappreciated member - @Wealey (for his tireless work on making C24 a better game purely out of love for the sport and game) | @RUDI
The Innovator - @ShamiLoverGlipGlops
Planet Cricket Ambassador of the year - If I'm allowed to... I'd put Nilay's name here for being brave in dealing with all the adversity he faced in his life. We miss you buddy and I hope you're finally resting well, you deserve it. Will change it if needed.
Best presenter in the league section - @Na Maloom Afraad
Best comeback member - @Bigby Wolf | @Dutch
Best Draft - The ODI WC Draft by @VC the slogger (for how the sheer scale and ambition of it)

Best Thread - General Cricket Discussion (for being the catch all thread given the lack of tour threads sometimes and the hotspot of contentious cricket discussion)
Most Engaging Thread (non-cricket) - The last Movies thread | The TV series thread
Best Cricket Game - Cricket 24 (wouldn't have believed it if I was told this in October)
Best League - World of Cricket (even if I was never a real part of it, the sheer work that goes in there is extraordinary)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Individual - nominations

Men's Cricketer of the Year - Travis Head
Women's Cricketer of the Year - Aliya Riaz
Best Captain of the year - Pat Cummins
Men's Test Player of the Year - Travis Head
Men's ODI Player of the Year - Virat Kohli
Men's T20I Player of the Year - Sikandar Raza
Men's Emerging Player of the Year - Rachin Ravindra

T20 League player of the year - Rashid Khan
Most Improved Cricketer - Abdullah Shafique

Umpire of the Year - Ahsan Raza
Spirit of Cricket Award - Usman Khawaja
Best Cricket Moment - World Cup final
Worst Cricket Moment - Usman Khawaja being fined by the ICC for standing up for human rights
Best Commentator - Ian Smith

Team - nominations

Best International Side - Australia
Best Test Side - Australia
Best ODI Side - Australia
Best T20I Side - Uganda (relative to expectations)
Best Associate Side - Uganda

Member/Forum Awards

Best Post Contributor - @Bevab
Veteran Member (> 5 years on the site) - @Na Maloom Afraad
Rookie of the Year (< 18 months on the site) - @pillowprocter already one of the best members
Funniest Member - @A.P Haux and @Till Valhalla
Best Cricket Discussion Poster - @Bevab
Best presenter in the league section - @Na Maloom Afraad
Best comeback member - @Bigby Wolf :P
Best Draft - Exclusive Club Draft by @Verified Enigma

Best Thread - Unpopular Cricket Opinions by @Na Maloom Afraad
Most Engaging Thread (non-cricket) - Books Thread
Best League - World of Cricket by @Na Maloom Afraad

Users who are viewing this thread