Planetcricket 4th Birthday - About Us: Part 2 - .TIM Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
TIM Editing

Unfortunately with the teams and classic matches the only thing that could be edited in the game at the time, the popularity of the original BLC Online. After finding the site and downloading the various teams and editors for the game, I like many people was disappointed with the inability to edit the kits and other graphics in the game which by 2001 where becoming out dated. After searching through the http://www.cricketgames.com forums I managed to find someone mentioning a possible way to edit the .TIM files holding the BLC graphics and investigated the program to do this but after seeing the cost of the program starting looking elsewhere for how to edit the .TIM files. This file format was also used for many Playstation games (BLC was also released for PS1) and I managed to find some Japanese software capable of converting these files for editing in Photoshop. After going for the glory and christening the method ?the G2sTE method? I posted details and an example editing kit in the forums at cricketgames.com, the method was quite complex though and involved the use of several programs just to convert 1 graphics file. By chance however I looked through the credits of BLC and searching the ICQ member directory for some of the names managed to get in contact with a former Codemasters employee who was now working at another well known French game company. This person kindly send me exact details on the file format of the .Tim format which was great but unfortunately, I had no idea what to do with or how to use it to create an editor.

No editor was therefore created until responding to a message I asked Dan Thomas from Cricketgames.com to post on the site
(http://www.cricketgames.com/games/commercial/blc99/ - 10th October 2000), brothers Hari and Sudharsan Narayanan offered to make an editor using the information I had. Within two days I was sent a beta version of the Tim Editor which worked perfectly allowing kits and most other graphics in BLC to be edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread