PlanetCricket - A community?

khan31

International Coach
When I first signed up here, I was pleased with the amount of patches etc available for download for Cricket games such as Cricket 2005. However, over the past couple of years I have gotten to know Planetcricket - found new threads and forums, met new users etc. Now, it seems that Planetcricket isn't just a place to grab a download its a place where people can meet and share interests in anything that you enjoy to discuss. There is an obvious central focus on cricket but there is so much to PlanetCricket.

Well I just wanted to know if anyone else like this and how long it took them to realise this. Maybe some users who may read this thread are yet to discover the sense of community within PlanetCricket. Planetcricket is full of helpful information and helful users. I hope PlanetCricket is kept alive for a while yet. I hope to see more helful users joining to. Please post your views.

Hmm, yeah.
I cam for the D/L's. Stayed for the Cricket Chat/Great Members.
Now it's turning crap. We need to retrieve some guys from the famous Golden Era-Duff coming back is a huge bonus to that :)

Yeah. It does not help with some immature members like Gooner and Annoyingdevil annoying people so that they do things which they would not normally do

^ There were always the annoying idiots. But they would get so pawned by people like JJ3 and others that you actually looked forward to their posts :cool:

PC i suppose is still a community, jsut not as good as it was. There are some very decent members but as i say, nothing like the olden days.

It took me till about April 06 to really kick into PC.

You see PC does have great members such as all of you who posted in this thread. People like you make PC the great thing it is. Its a shame others want to use up their free time (which they seem to have alot of) to destroy any sense of community we develop. Can't we vote out some members that really fustrate us all? It would help us to begin to recreate the Golden era you all speak of. Thanks for your time and posts.

I used to come here to download patches for Cricket 2005. I wasn't a member until I saw this thread and decided to use my superior intelligence for a noble cause :p

Abbh you are a top programmer. It must have been tough to rewrite/modify the exe. Also we need to find more talent and nurtute it here at PlanetCricket. If it weren't for that thread we wouldn't have found you!

LOL Nearly 12K of posts is pretty bad. How come you aren't a mod yet. Suppose you need to kiss ass more.

Yeah, thats the reason:cool:

PC i suppose is still a community, jsut not as good as it was. There are some very decent members but as i say, nothing like the olden days.

It took me till about April 06 to really kick into PC.

Shut up with the golden days....Its in the past! We have had like 3 threads talkin about this "golden" age.

Well, yeah, I came here for Cricket Chat, realized you could modify games and I was like WHOA! This can't be true... Then I have stayed ever since and am active in just about every part of the forum.

i came just for the icc section as i wanted a new skin, then deceided to show off some great acheivments on icc, then gradually just started usesing the rest of the forum

Users who are viewing this thread