PlanetCricket - A community?

I came in here with a different user earlier for Brian Lara 99 D/L's
I forgot the password of that and got myself a new id-iceman....

Ever since i have been a member.
Earlier i never ventured into the forums section.There used to be a hari who was controlling blconline then.I dunno how it passed onto to Ste and colin though.

Then came Cricket 2002,we had another rival- i belive it was cricket2002.tk[not a part of PC,but they were good]

So,i know about the history in bits and pieces,but i'm a pretty old member than my stats show.

It should be Jan 2000/2001 instead of May 2004

Both of you can go on a date now.:p

funny....:clap

So finnaly someone noticed that I was becoming a better member. I'm surprised I made a thread which so many of you are interested in. I hope none of you guys are planning on leaving any time soon. If many good users (patchmakers,wisemen and those who are just helpful) leave then I think that will ultimately lead to PC's demise. Hopefully that won't be an issue!

Earlier i never ventured into the forums section.There used to be a hari who was controlling blconline then.I dunno how it passed onto to Ste and colin though.

Then came Cricket 2002,we had another rival- i belive it was cricket2002.tk[not a part of PC,but they were good]

So,i know about the history in bits and pieces,but i'm a pretty old member than my stats show.

Cricket2002.tk was the first place I was active - it was a great forum. I too was amazed to discover you could actually make these games much better and more realistic by editing them. C2k2 was also a game it was very easy to edit as it was all unpacked.
Regarding the sense of building a community I think it happens on most forums but what makes PC stand out for me is how little spam and flaming we have (and I don't buy into this golden age thing) and how much mutual respect there is usually between members.
For me the great thing about a gaming community is that how long you've been a member really doesn't matter - someone can come along tomorrow with a great breakthrough and get respect for it. AbBh is a great example - despite being here shorter than a lot of the senior members he is one of the most highly respected members around. I will always go out of my way for members like him, Prakash, Lazy Chesnut etc as they are exceptionally gifted patchers and invaluable members of the community.

@ Iceman_Waugh - you are so banned :p

when i first came to PC i though i'd just download some kits for C2004 and forget PC just like other websites i go to for a few hours then forget them.. lol..

Yes it's turning out pretty well.

Not just his 10 posts, he joined this month lol. Talks as if hes been here a while. I did join a while back but left after a disappointing game (Cricket 05) but returned for Cricket 07 and now I have stayed for the qaulity of posts,users,threads and forums etc,
He has been here for ages, he is a duplicate account of an Indian member on this forum - BAN HIM!

Man, your ancient!
Nice story:p
Cricket2002.tk was the first place I was active - it was a great forum. I too was amazed to discover you could actually make these games much better and more realistic by editing them. C2k2 was also a game it was very easy to edit as it was all unpacked.
Regarding the sense of building a community I think it happens on most forums but what makes PC stand out for me is how little spam and flaming we have (and I don't buy into this golden age thing) and how much mutual respect there is usually between members.
For me the great thing about a gaming community is that how long you've been a member really doesn't matter - someone can come along tomorrow with a great breakthrough and get respect for it. AbBh is a great example - despite being here shorter than a lot of the senior members he is one of the most highly respected members around. I will always go out of my way for members like him, Prakash, Lazy Chesnut etc as they are exceptionally gifted patchers and invaluable members of the community.

@ Iceman_Waugh - you are so banned :p
Interesting, vert interesting indeed. I wish I even knew that "Internet" was in 2002 lol So I could of been patching games since then - I didnt even know you could modify PC games until I joined here last December!

Some say they don't believe in the talk of the Golden Age, but there was one, one that will be hard to beat in the future.

I would call the Golden Age the summer of 2005. There was plenty of banter with the Australians over the Ashes, the Superthread and the Chatroom were alive and well and the staff were really active.

Now there's not a lot of decent cricket on, the Superthread is closed, the Chatroom is dead and the staff are in new jobs or have left. Add to that, there are no cricket games on the horizon either.

Some say they don't believe in the talk of the Golden Age, but there was one, one that will be hard to beat in the future.

I would call the Golden Age the summer of 2005. There was plenty of banter with the Australians over the Ashes, the Superthread and the Chatroom were alive and well and the staff were really active.

Now there's not a lot of decent cricket on, the Superthread is closed, the Chatroom is dead and the staff are in new jobs or have left. Add to that, there are no cricket games on the horizon either.

So the golden age was more down to the on goings arund us rather than just the users that were active at the time. I suppose there isn't too much to talk about Cricket Games wise but there is still plenty to talk about. Maybe when the Pakistan/India series start then we can begin the banter again. I think I was here in the summer 05 but I only ever read the Cricket 05 games/downloads forums lol. Looks like I missed out on the best era of PlanetCricket.

Bla bla bla...:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread