Planetcricket BLIC 95% Complete Version Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad352

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Daxter20 said:
I have no respect for this zims review. It is Bull. He moans and moans about pointless ****. I am not going to let this guy affect my decison to buy the best cricket game ever. Zim ever wondered ehy you dont review games for a job? Coz ur crap at it. go ask the PROFFESIONAL REVIEWERS who make a living out of reviewing about which is better. They will say BLIC hands down. official playstation mag gives BLIC 8/10 and states it is most definitely the best cricket game on ps2. No disrepect but you talk ****. Stop dissing this game and enjoy it. BLIC rocks.
Pointless stuff like the fact that the gameplay sucks? The professional reviewers are not cricket gamers, which is why they appreciated the "pick the controller up and start belting sixes" style of the game, they're not impressed by such "pointless stuff" as AI, and actually having a challenge. Your problem is that you're a Codies fanboy who can't handle that this stupidly overhyped game isn't anywhere near meeting it's expectations, so you resort to abusing anyone giving an honest and realistic perspective. Kindly stfu, thanks

Last edited:

MoxPearl

School Cricketer
brad352 said:
Pointless stuff like the fact that the gameplay sucks? The professional reviewers are not cricket gamers, which is why they appreciated the "pick the controller up and start belting sixes" style of the game, they're not impressed by such "pointless stuff" as AI, and actually having a challenge. Your problem is that you're a Codies fanboy who can't handle that this stupidly overhyped game isn't anywhere near meeting it's expectations, so you resort to abusing anyone giving an honest and realistic perspective. Kindly stfu, thanks

Lets be honest.. it CANT be worse than C2005

This is swordfish's FIRST attempt at a cricket game.. EA have had about 7 and they still cant get it right..

timbo28

School Cricketer
:cool: lol

To be honest though you cannot just write off BLIC without even giving it a go. I have played many demos of games like the WWE Smackdown series and good old Tiger Woods PGA Tour and they have only been the tiniest glimpse of what the full version of the game plays like and in some respects looks like. For instance the Smackdown demos played much, much slower and was very jerky. Moreover, various feautres were missed out of the demo and were then included in the final result. Demos are made so that the game designers can see what they need to change and improve on in the game to make it a better al round product to play and to experience.
People might not agree with me, but from my experience of playing cricket, there are many unrealistic things about Cricket 2005 that could have been improved on in the final version, for instance, you don't see people driving the ball constantly to mid on or mid off everytime they play the shot. Alot of the time they drive it wide of the fielder and pick up an easy single as the fielder has to run a few yards pick up the ball and throw it in. Also the 'big hitters' hit the ball just as far and as easily as people like Graham Thorpe. The list goes on.
All I am saying is that you should not take any positive or negative views on BLIC without even playing the full version first.

JimmyD

School Cricketer
Daxter20 said:
I have no respect for this zims review. It is Bull. He moans and moans about pointless ****. I am not going to let this guy affect my decison to buy the best cricket game ever. Zim ever wondered ehy you dont review games for a job? Coz ur crap at it. go ask the PROFFESIONAL REVIEWERS who make a living out of reviewing about which is better. They will say BLIC hands down. official playstation mag gives BLIC 8/10 and states it is most definitely the best cricket game on ps2. No disrepect but you talk ****. Stop dissing this game and enjoy it. BLIC rocks.

Shut it you fool!

I dont think anyone's interested what you think!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Daxter20 said:

Ha ha ha ha ha

This is the funniest post I have read in ages.

Unbeknown to you is the fact that the developers have welcomed my feedback, and will take my constructive comments on board if there is to be any forthcoming patch.

I am a fanboy of no developer. My comments are based on purely on what I see. And despite what you might think, I have a lot of respect for Codies/SF as at least they are prepared to listen to people, and hopefully will release a patch.

mareen

Club Cricketer
Daxter20 said:

STFU man :D

Riverman

School Cricketer
*First post*

Hmmm, sounds a bit average. Good work on getting a review up. I've got an Xbox so Cricket 2005 is out of the question really due to the save bug. Gonna have to go for this. I'm sure it'll fill a gap in my collection of games.

Anyone know if $A are gonna sort out their shoddy programming and patch it?

rahulk666

International Cricketer
I am sure everyone will agree with me that considering the hype the Codies had created when they announced the development and release date of BLIC, BLIC will not been anywhere remotely close to the hype generated.

Sure, you can get teams out for 100-120 in C2K5, but I am also sure that you would be able to do that with BLIC too. Someone will find out a way to get batsman out which will work almost always work and then there you have it, you can get teams out in BLIC for 110-120 runs in Test match. At least C2K5 has an autoplay option BLIC doesn't even have that.

The biggest downfall of BLIC is the no front/back foot shot selection. Its the single most factor that will keep serious cricket gamers away from BLIC. The idea of just pressing a single button and CPU doing the rest just is too annoying for me. Add on top of that, no advance shot option.

There is no way to choose camera angles, the ball physics is screwed up... the ball hits the ground and doesn't even bounce... feels like the ball did not fall on the ground but water. Codies have implemented hawkeye technology but you will be able to see it only when the game decides to show it to you, not when you want to look at it. There is no way you can pause the game and check out the game statistics, manhattans, spider graphs, or anything. The graphics are laughable. Whenever I start the demo, it reminds me of Cartoon network. Though the gameplay animations are good there are some animations which are totally exaggerated. Hitting a six in thirdman and fine leg region is totally unrealistic. the hook and pull shots too are also exagerrated way too much. The batsman diving (CPU decides when the batsman dives) at the crease in close run out situation is totally unrealistic. It feels that the batsman is not diving on the ground but a swimmer is jumping into the water. Whenever you run a single, the wicketkeeper will break the stumps, even if the batsman has crossed the crease and taking a nap by then. Another unrealistic animation is the flying of the stumps when the batsman is bowled. The stumps fly as if they are pigeons hearing a gun shot. The stump flies almost a mile in the gully or square leg region. Its fine that the stumps go flying behind the wicket but how many times have you ever seen the stumps flying almost to the square leg region?

BLIC is a total waste of money. At least for me.

Last edited:

cornjoelio

School Cricketer
MoxPearl said:
Lets be honest.. it CANT be worse than C2005

This is swordfish's FIRST attempt at a cricket game.. EA have had about 7 and they still cant get it right..
EA's efforts are inexcusable, however the fact that its Swordfish's first attempt is no excuse for mediocrity. I struggle to see how bugs can continually arise in final versions. Surely a process of QA would highlight at least the major bugs. Codies' customer relations effort are commendable though.

I still reckon the chance is there for one company to stand up, take their time and put the effort in to creating the best game possible. I think i'll pass on the 05 efforts and just pray that 06 is much brighter!

p.s. seeing names like Linker and Worde and Mahrtens sends shivers down my spine!

Last edited:

flintoff

School Cricketer
rahulk666 said:
1) At least C2K5 has an autoplay option BLIC doesn't even have that.

2) The idea of just pressing a single button and CPU doing the rest just is too annoying for me..

Anybody else see the contradiction here?!

First part wants the computer to help him, second part wants the computer to let him be!

Just play whichever game makes you happy, in your case that looks like cricket 2005.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
flintoff said:

First part wants the computer to help him, second part wants the computer to let him be!

Just play whichever game makes you happy, in your case that looks like cricket 2005.

He(we!!) needs an autoplay option only because the CPU AI isnt good enough in putting up challenging totals..

rahulk666

International Cricketer
flintoff said:

I think Pat hit the nail on the head. If the AI is good enough that it won't get out for 110-120 runs then we don't need a autoplay option. But if you know that you can pick up a wicket almost anytime in an innings while bowling then bowling isn't much fun is it??

And while batting yes, we need more than a button to play the shots. I don't want the CPU to play a stupid front foot on drive straight to the fielder to an almost half pitch length ball when I have the option to pull the ball through midwicket where there is no fielder.

fanirama

Club Captain
BLIC was overhyped
I've been saying this from my very first posts. I'm not an EA fan, but I loved EA Cricket 2004 and I'm loving EA Cricket 2005. Its a far superior product.
I'm not ordering BLIC. Why should I now that I can play 50 over matches from the demo expander and get pretty much the same experience as the full game.
On these forums I've seen several BLIC stooges who'd been stubbornly supporting BLIC as the best game ever and now have turned tail and are vehemently supporting EA and criticizing BLIC.
A bunch of hypocrites exist on this forum

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
fanirama said:
BLIC was overhyped
I've been saying this from my very first posts. I'm not an EA fan, but I loved EA Cricket 2004 and I'm loving EA Cricket 2005. Its a far superior product.
I'm not ordering BLIC. Why should I now that I can play 50 over matches from the demo expander and get pretty much the same experience as the full game.
On these forums I've seen several BLIC stooges who'd been stubbornly supporting BLIC as the best game ever and now have turned tail and are vehemently supporting EA and criticizing BLIC.
A bunch of hypocrites exist on this forum
BLIC 2005 demo beats EA2005 a#s big time.But then without autoplay BLIC is a worst game.
WHoever supported against autoplay option, i want to **** him.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
rahulk666 said:
I think Pat hit the nail on the head. If the AI is good enough that it won't get out for 110-120 runs then we don't need a autoplay option. But if you know that you can pick up a wicket almost anytime in an innings while bowling then bowling isn't much fun is it??

And while batting yes, we need more than a button to play the shots. I don't want the CPU to play a stupid front foot on drive straight to the fielder to an almost half pitch length ball when I have the option to pull the ball through midwicket where there is no fielder.
Juse use the defence shot or the power shot then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread