FTP: PlanetCricket FTP World League

Should the World League have a requirement for Youths?

• Total voters
Although if one more player signs up, then we'll have a 4 man short tournament, to see who goes into Division 2 for the next season.

Okay I think I know a guy , though he's hardly active in this forum . Let me consult him and come back .

EDIT : Called him , he isn't interested . Guess I'll wait then . :(

Last edited:
My bad forgot to set my orders although my number 6 batsmen is actually this and hes not bowling.

George Goddard >> Details
Player Info

21 years old | 31,903 rating | $3,836 wage

Right hand batsman | Left arm Wrist spin
Talents Gifted (Technique), Wrongun
Nationality West Indies West Indies
Form reasonable
Fatigue rested
Experience poor
Captaincy ordinary
Skills Summary
Batsman poor
Bowler reliable
Keeper poor
Allrounder ordinary
Skills
Batting dreadful Endurance average
Bowling expert Technique reliable
Keeping poor Power poor
Fielding ordinary

haha nice one ;)

I'm getting my default win against Ste so I'm happy

Zorax CC won by 15 runs

Zorax CC Agrid South Africa
Batting - Top Order: 8,801 9,446
Batting - Middle Order: 6,234 7,384
Batting - Tail: 3,098 4,745
Bowling - Seam: 8,702 (8) 8,371 (4)
Bowling - Spin: 9,465 (2) 8,637 (6)
Fielding/Keeping: 6,998 7,885
Overall: 134,698 147,861

Pleased with that. Scored 356/4 batting first, and restricted them to 341/5

There were a few moments of panic though. 114 in 10 overs came down to 39 in 2, and they took 19 off the penultimate over. Last over was brill, 2 W . . . 2
Sealed the game.

It's easier to pull off upsets on Flat pitches. I had a couple of batsmen have a good day and boom, 356 was always going to be really hard to chase. They got close though, but yea.

A lot of teams are using one of their 2 required Youths to bowl. I don't think that's smart. I pick my best bowling attack and let my two youths bat, less damage done that way.

It's generally considered easiest to do upsets on crumbling or sticky pitches with aggressive settings :spy

Yea. I believe either extreme has. Because what flat does is it basically nullifies differences in each side's batting, you can match up to a much stronger batting side that way. And crumbling/sticky nullifies bowling.

And what both do is encourage 1 man shows. A flat pitch and a good day for your best batsman means he can pile up a big score and set a large target, similarly a good day for your best bowler on a sticky/crumbling means he has a better chance at shooting a side out for lower.

Zorax for manager of the season :p

A lot of teams are using one of their 2 required Youths to bowl. I don't think that's smart. I pick my best bowling attack and let my two youths bat, less damage done that way.

And some teams aren't even playing their required youths...

I'm getting pretty annoyed. Should I just take out the rule altogether. Cause some people forget to set the lineups and the default lineups normally won't have youths in them and then some people forget that they need to play two youths.

What do people reckon?

I don't mind it but I suppose some may want to play their strongest senior lineup in their games.

Yep youth bowlers are a no-no

I don't mind either way. I have a few awesome youths that don't really drag me down at all

Don't mind the rule just depends how often teams are doing it. My default lineup now has 2 youths so I'll be sorted for the rest of the tournament :p

Users who are viewing this thread