FTP: PlanetCricket FTP World League

Should the World League have a requirement for Youths?

• Total voters
If he's just joined FTP, then he probably should be a pavilion member which means he can issue friendlies on Thursdays. There ya go. ;)

Is he any good? I'd probably just give the win to Chewie.

And still don't know how I managed to lose my game. 315/4 on a green pitch in overcast conditions and still manage to have that chased down with 5 balls to spare.

Good century to Murch although none of the others capitalised on their great starts, Omara, Pettinger, O'Leary and Mol all scoring in the 40s with Oldroyd making 12* off 4. Our two medium pacers took 4 wickets between them, Healy and Yousif taking 2 each but everyone else was pretty disappointing with every bowler going around 6 an over, Healy the most economical with an ER of 5.8 while Tindall was disappointing on an unfriendly pitch going at 6.6 an over.

You can still fit him in. Give Chewie the win for this round which he would have won anyway. He can play the matches from round 2

You'll still top the league. Stop whining Chewie :p You'll get a bonus point if you play 4 youths ;)

Well we managed to turn what was going to be a very par score into a good total as we went from 217/4 after 40 overs (5.42 rpo) to finish 336/4 (6.72 rpo), as 48 runs in the last 3 overs helped us a lot :p

We had Ruben Mol and Murray Oldroyd to thank as Mol finished with 98* off 92 while Oldroyd smashed 60* off 30 balls. Good innings from Murch with 84 off 109 and Pettinger with 59 off 47 as well.

And Tindall turning the match around with his bowling as usual. Only the single breakthrough in the first 10 overs, Bollinger taking an early wicket but going for 43 runs in his 5 overs before Tindall comes on, a couple of decent overs, conceding a 6 but only 5 singles from the other 11 balls before getting the big wicket of Nielsen for 44, caught by Yousif and then Bagot who was just starting to look good with a 6 off Whiteman and a four to start Tindall's 4th over but Tindall strikes next ball, Oldroyd stumping him for 49 and 4 dot balls to finish that over to have figures of 2/16 off 4 overs, as Liverpool Lightnings are 100/3 after 18 overs.

Well we managed to turn what was going to be a very par score into a good total as we went from 217/4 after 40 overs (5.42 rpo) to finish 336/4 (6.72 rpo), as 48 runs in the last 3 overs helped us a lot :p

One man stood out there in our bowling attack to help your cause. One man - Sidney Curtin! Shocking season for him until now, and I kid you not, Chewie. :(

----------

Looks like we've left it a little late for ourself. 110 to win from 14 overs with 7 wickets in hand is very much gettable, but I don't see us pulling this one off.

----------

Game over! :facepalm

lol, Curtin used to screw me over when I played Chewie.

Tarzan probably slightly ahead in our match. Set 317 to win on a flat pitch I'm currently 231/2 after 38 overs with Khozo on 99 and Khan on 54. I have two batsmen to come both with the Finisher talent so that could come in handy.

Yeah, I was pretty confident after 35 overs with still Tindall to come back on to bowl his 5. Baldry and Whiteman managed wickets before the start of the 40th to pretty much blow your chances and Tindall came on and took a wicket straight away before Baldry ran Thompson out and now you don't really have any chance with only 3 wickets in hand and 68 required from the last 7 overs.

I swear to god I'd never mention anything bad about Curtin ever, if he can win this one for us from here. Never.

----------

F*ck you Curtin, knew it.

Absolutely vital wicket. Tindall is ever so reliable with the old ball :p

46.2 W Tindall to Curtin : A shot full of composure, style and grace, unfortunately the ball went through the gate and knocked over all three stumps. Good finishing pose though.
S. Curtin b. F. Tindall 34 (26b 4x4 1x6) SR:130.77

----------

Getting a bit tired of Oldroyd as well. Figures he doesn't have to keep now that he's hit 60* off 30 with the bat. 2 missed stumpings and a dropped catch.

----------

At least he can catch Tindall's 5fer :p

That is 5 wickets for Tindall! 46.6 W Tindall to Michieka : [catch] Drifting into Michieka before spinning away, he fails to move his feet and, wrongly trying to work it to leg, gets an audible outside edge and off he goes.
B. Michieka c M. Oldroyd b. F. Tindall 9 (9b 1x4 0x6) SR:100.00

Users who are viewing this thread