FTP: PlanetCricket FTP World League

Should the World League have a requirement for Youths?

• Total voters
Heading for a pretty easy win.

Phillips took 5/34 to restrict Blitzkreig Boyz to 233 all out on an uneven pitch, Phillips showing that he is still going strong at 33 years of age. Baldry chipped in with figures of 2/40 while Bollinger took 2/53 and Yousif 1/49, while Whiteman was pretty economical with 0/39 from his 10 overs.

Yet to lose a wicket in our run chase and the RR is fine so should be an easy win. It probably didn't help that they played 4 spinners :p

End of over 21 (2 runs) - Hedger's Team(116-0). 108 runs required from 29 overs. RR 5.52 RRR 3.72
J. Murch 35 (58b) , J. Pettinger 66 (69b) , M. Kay 1-0-2-0

Well I probably spoke a little too soon as we only just managed to win, winning by 1 wicket with 3.2 overs remaining. After being 141/0, Pettinger then got out for 83 and Much soon followed for 50. O'Leary then couldn't make an impact like he normally would as he got out for 11 and Omara after a promising start was dismissed for 20 and Oldroyd soon followed for 1 as we slipped to 183/5. Mol got out for 6 and Whiteman for 3 before Yousif scored a few runs but it didn't look good at all when he got out for 11 and Phillips got out 2 balls later to be 211/9, needing another 13 runs to win. Bollinger and Baldry were at the crease. Bollinger was confident though after having had some success with the bat for both club and country and hit a boundary and a couple before retaining the strike at the end of the over to score 7 off the over and move to 11* and we only needed 6 to win. Bollinger trusted Baldry though by hitting a single second ball and Baldry then hit a 2. Fielding was the difference yet again though as a misfield gave Baldry a boundary to score the winning runs. What a match.

46.4 4 Elijzen to Baldry : [misfield] Crashed away to the boundary where Kaleel bends down to field the ball and lets it run straight through his fingers. My son has better hand to eye co-ordination, and he's 5!

Hedger's Team won by 1 wicket

End of over 47 (7 runs) - Hedger's Team(225-9) RR 4.79
K. Baldry 6 (4b) , F. Bollinger 12 (17b) , R. Elijzen 8.4-0-45-2

Close, I thought you'd cruise through.

You going to do a points table at some stage?

Yeah, I had it done in my excel sheet but I couldn't be bothered uploading it :p I'll do it this week once all the games have been played.

What a high match

Winners or losers: 8-337 (50) (Rick Hansen 85, Rick Brookes 77)
South Africa XI: 4-341 (47.2) (Henry Nock 172, Richard Shelly 56)

Users who are viewing this thread