FTP: PlanetCricket FTP World League

Should the World League have a requirement for Youths?

• Total voters
Not sure what I did when I scheduled the timing for my match today. Looks like I set my preferred IST time directly in GMT without reducing five and a half hours. :facepalm

Nevertheless a good start from our batters, Nielsen just perished for 41.

LL 89-1 after 14 overs on a hard surface.

Also just realized why Varun lost his Round 1 encounter against me. You CANNOT play 4 spinners on a hard surface, that's exactly what he did. :p

Going pretty well now. Inspirational move to open with Bagot who until now has had a miserable season. But there ya go, his first OD hundred for the season.

End of over 30 (11 runs) - Liverpool Lightnings(206-1) RR 6.87
A. Visvakarman 53 (49b) , C. Bagot 106 (94b) , S. Roberts 10-0-70-0

Just about managed 400. Now watch my bowlers screw things up.

End of over 50 (19 runs) - Liverpool Lightnings(405-4) RR 8.10
A. Samoei 0 (0b) , N. Hanna 67 (43b) , G. Goddard 10-0-91-1
49.6 W Goddard to Van Buuren : [catch] Van Buuren was drawn into a poor shot by an excellent piece of bowling by Goddard. A simple catch for Tait and Van Buuren's innings comes to an end.
P. Van Buuren c G. Tait b. G. Goddard 64 (33b 5x4 2x6) SR:193.94

49.5 6 Goddard to Van Buuren : That has gone very, very high up. The fielder waits underneath it at long on, but it just clears his outstretched hands.
49.4 2 Goddard to Van Buuren : Short and worked through square leg for a couple.
49.3 3 Goddard to Hanna : An agricultural, but effective swipe towards mid-wicket nets 3 runs.
49.2 2 Goddard to Hanna : Short and worked through square leg for a couple.
49.1 6 Goddard to Hanna : Goddard drops one short on the leg side and the grateful Hanna hoists it over square leg for six.

Prevailed by 54 runs in the end. :D

From the Pavilion - Free Online Cricket Management Game

----------

34.1 4 Thompson to Mohammad : Magnificent! Half a stride down the pitch and Mohammad sends the ball flying over Samoei at midwicket much to the dismay of Thompson. One bounce before the rope means 4 to the total.
34.2 6 Thompson to Mohammad : Thompson drops one short on the leg side and the grateful Mohammad hoists it over square leg for six.
34.3 6 Thompson to Mohammad : Thompson unleashes that secret delivery we've been hearing rumours about! Mohammad promptly puts it over the sightscreen.
34.4 6 Thompson to Mohammad : That's a good short ball by Thompson. Mohammad swings his bat wildly with his head up in the air, he strikes it well and ...over it goes for six runs! The poor bowler can't believe it!

38.1 W Thompson to Mohammad : [catch] In the zone outside the off stump, from a length and Mohammad seems to be in trance and just pokes at it. Fatal edge. He slams his bat into his pads as he walks off, furious with himself. He's really marching back to the pavilion now.
N. Mohammad c G. Nielsen b. P. Thompson 99 (79b 6x4 3x6) SR:125.32

Best possible way to avenge your misfortunes - dismissing him on 99! :p

'Cause I only play on roads. :p

Well if you get 400 past me I will be selling all of my bowlers immediately! So watch out people!

And I supposed it depends on the condition of the road?? If its brand new you'll get true bounce and 400+ otherwise if its cracked against my 5 spinner attack maybe 50?? lol

And I supposed it depends on the condition of the road?? If its brand new you'll get true bounce and 400+ otherwise if its cracked against my 5 spinner attack maybe 50?? lol

Jaco Frylinck to tear up if you get a crumbling pitch.

Just imagine the TV treat for supporters and general cricket fans alike of a Chewie CC vs Agrid league match on Xmas day... Oh wait!!!

Even more so... the fact that if results go in certain ways liverpool lightening might be top of the table! Now that would be an Xmas present and a half for some people!

Users who are viewing this thread