MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi everyone - welcome to the forums again.

We think you'll like the new features that this transition will bring everyone, but it's likely to be a bit bumpy at the start - so use this thread to discuss the move.

Enjoy.

FAQs:

How do I change the theme?

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the 'PlanetCricket Xen' link to bring up the style chooser

How do I PM someone?
PMs are replaced with 'Private Conversations'.

Either click on a user's name and click 'Start a conversation' from the popup box, or click the 'Inbox' menu at the top and the 'Start a new conversation' link at the bottom of that

Why is my usertitle different?

The trophies system now controls the usertitles that you have. Basically instead of just post count, doing different things on the forum can give you trophies. There's a list of them here, and once you reach certain milestones of trophy points, you'll see that reflected in updated user titles.

Who are followers?
Those are the people who were previously on your friends list - as well as people who sent you a friend request even if you didn't accept it. If you follow people, they will show up in your news feed. Click on your name in the header to see another link to that.

How do I get to the first/last post of a thread?
Also worth noting - that the main link to the thread will take you to the first unread post, while if you want to view the first post, click the date/time below that.

Why is my usertitle different?

It is calculated on the basis of the total trophy points - you can see the number and the specific trophies under the post count on everyone's profile.

Can I change the number of posts per page?
No, that's a site wide setting.

Can you change my usertitle back to what it was?
No.

Why is everyone using my sig image?

Only you will see it that way - so no, it's not something I'm interested in fixing as it solves itself as more users go here and put in their sig image or remove the sigpic codes.

Why is my avatar blurry?

For some unknown reason Xenforo hardcodes the sizes of avatars, and wants you to upload a large 192x192px image (shown on your profile), which is then downscaled to a 96x96px avatar on posts.

Why is my user title different?
See above.

Last edited:

lion100lion

International Coach
I am the first one to post on the new forum..... Yes !!!!!!

It looks wonderful. :cheers Still exploring......

But it's asking me to log in again and again, whenever I open a new thread... :yes

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Yes, there was some configuration I needed to do for the URLs - but that should be fine now. Make sure it says 'PlanetCricket - Your home for Cricket Games and Discussion instead of 'new.planetcricket.org'

You will also need to manually click the 'Remember me' box next to the login button if you want to be remembered.

First thing to note - sig images aren't on yet. That needs to be set up still.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So far so good, will take a while to get used to the new settings but there's sure a lot to explore - brilliant work Matt!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Why is everyone school cricketer?
Because the thing that will trigger your promotions won't have happened yet.

Worth noting - the site is up because I wanted everyone to be back as soon as possible - I'll still be working on it throughout the day to fix things.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Also worth noting - the search index isn't built yet. But the search results once that happens should be much better.

Prathik84

Club Captain
Great site Matt,still need to explore things.By the way tell me can we start our leagues again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread