PlanetCricket Sports Personality of the Year 2008

Who should win the PlanetCricket Sports Personality of the Year 2008 award?

• Michael Phelps (Swimming)

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Lewis Hamilton (Motorsport - Formula One)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Shivnarine Chanderpaul (Cricket)

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So even though he has been in jail he is now considereda twat? What about the community work he has started doing and helping with charities. Right twat in my opinion!

I am actually offended that you would insinuate my nomination of Emmanuel Eboue was a joke. Did you not see his stepovers against Bolton or the sheer Djimon Hinsouness of his Goatee while watching the CC match against Wigan? If anyone deserves to be acknowledge for his sporting greatness, it's Emmanuel Eboue. You should feel ashamed that one average performance against Wigan would cloud your judgment of a special talent.

It goes without saying, Joey Barton is, without a doubt, a twat.

Have you ever met the man? He's a hell of a player and gives 100% everytime he goes on a football pitch. That's the kind of player i'd want in my midfield. So yeah, Joey Barton please.

Joe Calzaghe. Absolute legend...

Second Calzaghe...although has this died? :p

Anyway, I think its time the BBC looked at the name of the award...its called sports PERSONALITY at the moment, not sports ACHIEVEMENT award like it seems to have been used as recently, if its a personality award, then you gotta look more at their person, and less at their achievement

Users who are viewing this thread