Story Planetcricket Super Cup

Who will win the Planetcricket Super Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ashu2411

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Today ICC has called for a press meeting regarding the introduction of a new trophy Planetcricket Super Cup. No furthur details have been given. The press meeting will take place tommorrow and we will bring you its full coverage as soon as it is being available.

(Click on this website to see the schedule of all the matches)http://j.1asphost.com/ashu2411/

Here are the latest standings so far in the tournament:

India Played 1 won 1 loss 0 poins 5
Australia played 1 won 0 loss 1 points 1
Hampshire played 2 won 1 loss 1 points 6
New Zealand played 0 won 0 loss 0 points 0

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
ICC President announces Planetcricket Super Cup!

ICC launches Planetcricket Super Cup with great fanfare!

SGE.SHT31.210504123728.photo00.default-200x245.jpg

The ICC president, Ehsan Mani today officially launched the Planetcricket Super Cup amidst great fanfare! In a glittering function attended by the VIP's of various cricket boards across the world, the Super Cup was launched. Ehsan Mani said that this would be a great contest between the various nations in the world and the winner would be cricket! He also announced that this series would be held in various parts of the world and would culminate into a grand final to be held at the Eden Gardens, Kolkatta!

The teams to take part in this multi national trophy are:

England, Surrey, India, Sri Lanka, Australia, Pakistan, South Africa, Yorkshire, Hampshire, West Indies

Hampshire, Yorkshire & Surrey are the new additions to this trophy comprising of 8 test playing nations!

The rules & regulations of the tournament are posted in the following site

Planetcricket Super Cup

20050211001804502.jpg

The Indian BCCI president, Ranbir Singh Mahendra who was present on the occasion, said "Its a great previlege to be part of such a mega event that is as good as a World Cup! Its also a bigger previlege to host the final of this tournament in our country and we assure to provide the best of the facilities available!

I wish all the teams success in this tournament and may the best team win the trophy!

The trophy was also launched amidst a beeline of photographers who hustled around that place to take a snapshot of the glittering trophy which would be presented to the winner by Mr. Ehsan Mani after the final of the tournament! The trophy was launched by the ICC team officials!

planetcricket%20super%20cup.bmp

P.s: I know that the pictures above might be copyrighted! We are not using the pictures for any profitable purpose! We're using it just for fun! If anyone who has the copyright to the pictures or who are in anyway related to those pictures and who are not willing for us to use it. notify me and I will remove it immediately!

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Good luck to the teams who are participating in this.

ScottyEvil

School Cricketer
Good job. This should be an awesome series!
Don't want to be picky or nething, but it doesnt say anywhere whether it is test or one day series!
I assume one-dayers...because of the ten overs left thing

brettLee

International Cricketer
really good series..very interesting..
but play till the end..!!:)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
brettLee said:
really good series..very interesting..
but play till the end..!!:)

This is an online tournament that is going on in another thread.

This tournament is being presented here as a Super Cup!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The Indian squad arrives!

India's squad arrives

The Indian squad, led by captain Saurav Ganguly have arrived at the Heathrow International airport today. The whole team assembled in Mumbai along with coach Greg Chappell and the support staff. Then the team boarded the flight to London in the wee hours of the morning!

2416001037.jpg

Huge Responsibility on his shoulders - Saurav Ganguly

Ganguly along with the coach, Chappell addressed the media as usual before departure. Ganguly sounded optimistic of India's chances of winning the trophy "We're very optimistic of winning the Super Cup. Its a big tournament for all of us. We have done well in the big tournaments in the past and we look forward to doing well in this tournament! The boys are all well prepared and will surely be at their best throughout this tournament".

Chappell addressed the press men "We're confident of doing very well in this tournament! This is the first mega tournament in which I am coaching India. And I hope the team wins it at the end of the day and makes the country proud! We are also gladdened by the news that Sachin Tendulkar will be playing for India in this tournament! Its surely going to boost India's chances very much!

20030815002308201.jpg
Chappell: Sachin is playing for India this tournament!

The 16 member squad is as follows are:

Saurav Ganguly (c), Rahul Dravid (vc), Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, Mohammed Kaif, Suresh Raina, Venugopal Rao, VVS Laxman, MS Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh, Anil Kumble, Zaheer Khan, Irfan Pathan, Ashish Nehra, Ajit Agarkar

23_7_2003_04%20Sachin%20Tendulkar.jpg

Sachin - Back into the squad and back among expectations!

ashu2411

International Coach
Australian team arrives in England

Today Australian team also arrived today to take part in Planetcricket Super Cup. Australian team is led by Ricky Ponting. Australia will have its first match against Pakistan at Canterburry.

When asked about Australian chances in the match against Pakistan , he had following to say " Pakistan is right now in good form especially in their batting. It would be hard to stop them but we have some world class seamers capable of containing them."
When asked about Aussies chances of winning the cup he replied " Yes Boys are not in good form after a disappointing effort in Ashes series but they are all ready to go and prove why they are the world's number one and best one day team."

We also caught some words from Hayden at the airport "I had a poor form in the ashes and this has put some pressure on me but I want to end my run drought with a good inning agains Pakistan."

Users who are viewing this thread