Planetcricket's Best Bands - Nominations Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
German heavy metal band we had to research in one of our German lessons.

Ok guys, this is getting seriously difficult to follow, as to who is nominating/seconding what.

So, New Rules (I will include all nominations to date)

You can only nominate 1 band
You may second more than one.

Please also try and keep discussion down, some posts are ambiguous as to if you are just saying you like a band or if you are nominating it. If discussion gets too great I wont be able to follow who's doing what so there won't be a poll. I actually think we've gone past the limit as to how many options we can have on a poll (without someone like Colin doing me a favour anyway) so I might have to come up with some way to reduce the numbers a bit.

Cheers

Last edited:
Franz Ferdinand was nominated and seconded Kev. You missed them out ;)

Dude, there has been over 3 pages of stuff since this morning, I haven't added any to the list from today yet.

FOB were emo, if you listen to their stuff from the very early 00's before the albums. However, they sold out for the second album and lost all the respect I had for them. They made an album to sell records. Their market is fairly relient on the fact that a lot of 13 year old girls who think because they haven't had a boyfriend yet means that their repulsive so they've feed into Music's biggest tosser, AKA, Pete Wentz. They fall into the trap of being impressed by someone who can spin about with a guitar. Patrick Stump in fairness to him has an incredible voice, and it's essentially all the band has.

P@TD are literally in the worst five bands I've ever heard. The fact that guys in their 20's are writing music they deals more with issues for 12 year old girls is a little bit sick. Beside, they're like FOB, they rely on the teenage population who believe their misunderstood because they don't get themselves out in the real world. Except P@TD dont have a frontman who has a voice thats something out of the norm.

Patrick Stump isn't a very good frontman. He's ridiculously cliched with what he does. He's got a great voice and he's a decent guitarist but he's not a traditional "frontman". Ian Curtis is where it's at for frontmen, he genuinely started the trends of the last decades best frontmen. He had incredibly dedication to his music as well as being lyrically absoilutely sublime, shame that he decided to kill himself really, but thats what made him such a good frontman and musician, it's often the case that those with actual problems are the best.

Edit: Didn't see the post about keeping discussion down Kev, was typing at the time, feel free to remove this if you want.

Dude, there has been over 3 pages of stuff since this morning, I haven't added any to the list from today yet.

Oh. It just said that you'd edited it at 7:06PM so I assumed you'd updated. Sorry.

WWE Wrestler Trevor Murdoch ..................... Patrick Stump

Wrong thread Will, this belongs in the lookalikes thread. But yeh great comparison, probably about the same IQ :p

FOB were emo, if you listen to their stuff from the very early 00's before the albums. However, they sold out for the second album and lost all the respect I had for them. They made an album to sell records. Their market is fairly relient on the fact that a lot of 13 year old girls who think because they haven't had a boyfriend yet means that their repulsive so they've feed into Music's biggest tosser, AKA, Pete Wentz. They fall into the trap of being impressed by someone who can spin about with a guitar. Patrick Stump in fairness to him has an incredible voice, and it's essentially all the band has.

P@TD are literally in the worst five bands I've ever heard. The fact that guys in their 20's are writing music they deals more with issues for 12 year old girls is a little bit sick. Beside, they're like FOB, they rely on the teenage population who believe their misunderstood because they don't get themselves out in the real world. Except P@TD dont have a frontman who has a voice thats something out of the norm.

Patrick Stump isn't a very good frontman. He's ridiculously cliched with what he does. He's got a great voice and he's a decent guitarist but he's not a traditional "frontman". Ian Curtis is where it's at for frontmen, he genuinely started the trends of the last decades best frontmen. He had incredibly dedication to his music as well as being lyrically absoilutely sublime, shame that he decided to kill himself really, but thats what made him such a good frontman and musician, it's often the case that those with actual problems are the best.

Edit: Didn't see the post about keeping discussion down Kev, was typing at the time, feel free to remove this if you want.

Its called entertainment.

Dont say FOB are emo because of their music, emos wouldn't play at Live Earth because emos dont give a sh*t about anyone or anything else.

Watch some of their youtube videos, they are nice, non emo people.

Fall Out Boys music is great, Patrick is a great singer and FOB are great entertainers and aren't stuck up bitches like a lot of bands, eg Panic! at the disco of late.

Oh BTW has anyone seen Gyroscope? They were back up at the FOB concert i went to, there pretty awesome.

Oh who cares about FOB their not going to win and if they did it would have to be rigged. Regardless of whether their emos or another type of knob their not the best band in the world, by miles.

Last edited:
I nominate Queens of The Stone Age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread