Player Discussion

Hughes is ridicolous. In my story he is averageing 70 with the bat in both forms of the game and doesn't look like slowing down. Just completed a double hundred in the last test in my story. He is a gun.

Never really felt anything that good about him in my game so far. Just played a test series against NZ and he was crap.

I just finished the 3rd Test of the 2009 Ashes for the 3rd time, read this:

Phil Hughes 1st test: 1st Innings: 216 2nd Innings: 86
2nd Test: 1st: 201 2nd: 156
3rd test: 1st: 207 2nd- 176

Its bullsh*t tbh.

Jesse Ryder is rubbish in my game. He only averages 45 or so in FC cricket, and has never hit more than 50 or 60 against my Bangladeshi boys.

i found that Jesse Ryder was the best NZ batsman in both Tests and ODIs, but especially ODIs where he average 48 or so, and is also a decent bowler later in the game, averaging around 28 in both forms. He isn't however as good a batsman as many of the players from other nations, or as good a bowler as other NZ bowlers or other nations' bowlers. But because he is surrounded normally by mediocrity, he seems good in this game.

Simon Katich never gets more than 70 in my game, i havent seen him get a century for a long time in my game, only once or twice.

Jesse Ryder is averaging 60 with the bat in Tests and ODI's, looks like he just my machine.

He is... No one had ever scored a double century against me in any off the ICC's. He scored a triple, then a double. I'll post a screeny later.

I'm Northants first season on 09, and Northant's don't have a foriegn player. I have got rid of my physio money, my coaching money and my youth money and have 72,500 to spend. I can get these players - Afridi, Vettori, Oram, Symonds, McDonald, Yousef, Sarwan, Sehwag, I. Pathan, Asif and Vaas. Which one should i get?

Get someone who won't play international cricket.

Doug Bollinger is mine, he is awesome, and averages about 15 with the ball for me, and Australia never select him.

Just for a change, i've gone as Australia for once, i've got bored of England, England, England!

What team should I pick for the Ashes?

I'm thinking of going in like this

Hughes
Katich
Clarke (c)
Ponting
Hussey
Haddin
Watson
Johnson
Clark
Hauritz
Lee

Thoughts?

Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
--------
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
--------
--------

North, Clark and Hauritz would be my choices for those other spots, with maybe Lee, Watson, etc coming into the mix.

Doug Bollinger is mine, he is awesome, and averages about 15 with the ball for me, and Australia never select him.

Yeah, my international is better :)

Everyone get the Indian offie Parmar. He's awesome. I've had him for like 4 years now he takes almost 80 wickets every season. Never goes on international duty either.

yeah i know him. I was thinking of getting him if he's available but I get bored of county cricket after a while. I've only managed to get through 1 season before I get bored of the saved game.

Mitchell Johnson has been great in my new career. Just before he got 10 wickets in my tour match against the MCC. Got them all out for 32 :p

Another very annoying player is Gayle. He won't score a hundred, but he will score a 50 off like 50 balls every innings. He just plays so damn attacking, I don't get how to bowl to him. Eventually he gives his wicket away though. I wish I had an opener like him too give me a brisk start.

Users who are viewing this thread