Player Discussion

Very good, has anyone tried up and coming left arm spinner, John Holland?

I think I might start picking him and giving him technique training... Get him while he's young. Hauritz may be passed his use-by date.

Burt Cockley will have a chance (could be the next NSW bowler to make the Australian team). He's a nice promising young bowler while I dont think Clint McKay would. Also Bollinger should be ahead of McKay. I put that down wrong.

lol McKay's in the Preliminary champion's Trophy squad

Damn, I wish I didn't read this thread.

I don't like knowing who is good and who isn't, I'd rather work it out for myself.

Jakester1288 added 4 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Very good, has anyone tried up and coming left arm spinner, John Holland?

I think I might start picking him and giving him technique training... Get him while he's young. Hauritz may be passed his use-by date.

I am pretty sure it's just "Jon".

I haven't looked it up though, so don't take my word for it.

EDIT: It is.

http://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/page/jon_holland.html

I was just showing that your prediction about McKay becoming an international is becoming incorrect...though the likelihood of him making the final squad isn't great.

Ajantha Mendis too dam good!!!

Started a game with New Zealand, first series after T20 WC is against Sri Lanka.
I did pick a bit off a muck around side being all players from Auckland, but Mendis was just amazing.
My openers being McIntosh and Guptill managed to play of their new ball bowlers but then on came Muralitharan and Mendis.
Care to explain this!!! (sorry about sizes of pictures)

Cricket 2009-07-24 20-36-46-53.PNG

Compared with Muralitharan.....

Cricket 2009-07-24 20-37-00-41.PNG

I'm not sure if it's just me but i just found Mendis way too good.
He did start off his career well but struggled against Pakistan in real life.
Maybe his ICC rating is a bit too high!!!

Mendis and Hughes are way better than anyone else in their respective specialities. Murali is the second best bowler but he is way behind

I actually managed to play Mendis really nicely. 150+ scored off him, while he took one wicket. (maybe none) I'll post the screenshot, once my current match with SA finishes.

dn2b6f.jpg

Last edited:
I found a great young opener. He's 20 years old, and he just destroyed England, in England. Best part is that he plays fast, even on defensive settings. He scores at a strike rate of 60-70 in Tests Matches. He starts off really fast. He will score his 50 of around 60 balls, and then he slows down. 100 comes off about 180 balls.

I have come to the conclusion, that Jesse Ryder is the best player in the game. He scored a triple century on me, as well as a double. Then he also had a single century. I won the series, because everyone else played like ████, but he is too damn good in the game. He also played at a strike of 74 combined in the innings I have just mentioned.

Mendis demolishes Australia

Have a look at Mendis against Australia.

Attachments

• Mendis and Sangakkara demolish Australia.JPG
    Mendis and Sangakkara demolish Australia.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Mendsi kills Australia.JPG
    Mendsi kills Australia.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 23
I was playing as Bangladesh and whipped Mendis around for 1/62 from his 10 overs in a one dayer.

Then, Muralitharan came on and skittled us out for about 210, which Sri Lanka chased down with about 20 overs to spare.

Ah, the joys of Bangladesh.

Users who are viewing this thread